It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is everyone on the Ron Paul bandwagon?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
In my opinion he's no different than all of the previous presidents that promised "Change" and to do things different.

Nothing is going to change, absolutely nothing. The president first needs to support of congress to get things done. What makes you all so sure that he's going to come in and change everything?

Please remember that this man is still a politician.

The only way we will change things is when WE the people take action and get things done, instead of depending on other people to bring the "change" that we so badly want.

+35 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Got a better candidate??

Because the other option would be a full scale revolution!

2cnd.
edit on 22-10-2011 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Ron Paul is gross. At least Obama cares about people and is trying to give them jobs. Ron Paul wants to cut all kind of government departments and just leave people to die on their own. It is ridiculous!

+42 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I like him because, he has no baggage and has stayed consistent his whole career.
Was in the military, then was a doctor, then a congressman, married to the same bitch his whole life.
That is INTEGRITY. He lives by a code. He donates a lot of his salary. He is a straight up OG (ORIGINAL GANGSTA) IN A GOOD WAY.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Cause we are all tired of being on the losing end of government know's best and we don't know jack.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

His plans are radical, even if he gets elected there's no way that Congress would ever come together for him and get things done. That's all I'm saying because everyone seems to think that if he gets elected he's going to magically change things and audit the fed

I'd like to see what Congress thinks about that

+39 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Why is everyone on the Ron Paul bandwagon? Look around, read the paper, look at the deficit. Pointless wars, unemployment is rampant, bailouts, and most importantly the deteriation of our constitutional rights. Ron Paul is not yout normal politician as his record surely supports. If you can't see why everyone is on the bandwagon, then I guess I,m not gonna waste anymore of my time on ya.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Maybe we seem him as the last hope--however slim at this late stage of the empire--of staving off the chaos, civil war, and revolution that seems to loom around the corner.

Even if we don't win we wanna go down giving a Constitution-loving American hero a chance to help us rebuild ourselves and our now crappy world image.

If you think he's the same ol', same ol' Politician you haven't been paying attention. Word. Ron Paul is the only candidate in my lifetime that I do trust. The only one.

No, he can't do it alone even if he does become President, but I have a feeling some TRUE change would be in the air.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

Big promises, lot's of talk

nothing I haven't heard before from a politician.

also the president needs congress to get his promises done

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Ron Paul would not have even tried to get Bin Laden or Qadaffi. He would just let all of these evil people do whatever they want just to save a dollar. He would cut off social security and medicare and welfare and medicaid and people need that to live.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Monkey see, monkey do. I'll probably get flamed for this, but I do not support Ron Paul in the slightest. He's the best out of the current pack of bad presidential candidates, but that doesn't make him good.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
See even if his plans are radical if he was president he wouldn't do anything to add to the problems, and as command in chief you have the power to pull troops back from everywhere in the world.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

'Cause ATS stopped being about denying ignorance back around 2007, mostly. Pair that with the inherent hipsterism of conspiracy theory - you know, "I like this band because no one's ever heard of them, so I feel special" - and you have your typical kernel of support for Ron Paul.

He's another ignorant asshole Republican, and so are the vast majority of people buying into his act - which, when you boil it down to practicalities, is just Michelle Bachman without the Jesus flavoring.
edit on 22/10/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Ron Paul has already said he would do this, he would do that etc. But until he convinces me how he is going to get Congress to approve his list of "what I'm going to do" I just see him as another politician promising the world.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I love Ron Paul.

Think his foreign policy is atrocious.

His followers are some of the most stuck up prima donnas I've ever had to deal with.

But Ron Paul is a good guy. Maybe even worth voting for.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Ron Paul has already said he would do this, he would do that etc. But until he convinces me how he is going to get Congress to approve his list of "what I'm going to do" I just see him as another politician promising the world.

Thank you, you just said what I wanted to say but 10x better

I'd like to see how he plans on getting congress to approve his list too!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
You do know the President of the USA has about as much power as the CEO of say IBM, right? Comes down to value of commodity, and in the global markets, the USA's stock is falling dramatically.

But I'll step back and let you guys argue about who's going to die next on the soap opera.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
You do know the President of the USA has about as much power as the CEO of say IBM, right? Comes down to value of commodity, and in the global markets, the USA's stock is falling dramatically.

Why do you think that Ron Paul's platform hinges on "privatization?" This is the political terminology for screaming "SELL! SELL! SELL!" into your phone.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Short answer is Hegalian dialect, and that the Ron Paul revoloution is a controlled oposition.

Either side will seek dictatorial powers, and set the stage for the next guy's takeover. As usual.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
In my opinion he's no different than all of the previous presidents that promised "Change" and to do things different.

Nothing is going to change, absolutely nothing.

That's silly. You only let the establishment in this country win if you insist upon this idea that nothing will ever change from an election. As far as I am aware, part of the reason why DC is the way it is will be because the voters continue to vote in the same clowns, and new clowns who claim at first they are none the like. The voters have choices in this country, they just have to make their decisions wisely.

As for Ron Paul, why do people like him? Well there are many reasons. I think for many people they just like popping on the Ron Paul bandwagon. If you're not a fan of Ron Paul, you won't score much browny points from members on this forum and others, it's in part about 'fitting in'. Interms of policies, Ron Paul is an isolationist or non-interventionist, which appeals to many people. So far as I am aware, none of the candidates hold that stances. This is also really the only issue I like about Paul, but beyond that not much else. He wants to end the federal reserve, but it's reality that the federal reserve is not such a core issue to most people. To conspiracy theorist however, it's a big deal. Ron Paul is also a libertarian, however, his economic policies essentially mirrors those of other GOP candidates, so he doesn't really stand out there.

Really, theres nothing much that sets Ron Paul apart from the others aside from his views of foreign policy. Oh he opposes the patriot act, although this isn't a core issue either among GOP voters at the moment. Ron Paul is just the flavour of internet politics.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join