It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It appears the crap is hitting the fan in NYC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   
The harassment of delegates came as organized protests continued to draw thousands of people. The Still We Rise march by advocates for social issues was peaceful, and a Poor People's March, a column several blocks long, proceeded from the United Nations to the Madison Square Garden yesterday after the police decided to let it go ahead without a permit.

When marchers approached the Garden, a police detective was knocked off his scooter. He was then repeatedly kicked and punched in the head by at least one male demonstrator, the police said. Link

This is what I feared, now a police officer has been seriously injured. Probably by a youngster who is not happy with his state. As I claimed earlier it all depends on the youth and their attitude. The Intelligent Police are going to remove their gloves. Stay away, " here it comes now, now, well here it comes" Velvet Underground

TUT

EDITED LINK TO CORRECT FORMAT.

[edit on 8-31-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Hmmm, CNN said that cop was an undercover detective.

Somebody goofed.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Remember Kent State and the undercover FBI agent there that may or may not have begun the mayhem!

In preparation for the convention, anarchists have met in coffee shops and art lofts, churches and Internet cafes for more than a year planning a spectrum of action -- everything from street theater, die-ins and teach-ins to a convergence on the Garden and disruption of RNC events.

One action will remain a secret until moments before its execution. Anarchists will text message one another when the location is determined.

"As many people as there are in the street, there are going to be that many different kinds of civil disobedience," Flannigan said. Police officials say that, as with earlier protests, officers will not engage protesters Link unless they have to and do not want to create conflict where it's not necessary.

EDITED LINK TO CORRECT FORMAT.

[edit on 8-31-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Hmmm, CNN said that cop was an undercover detective.

Somebody goofed.

He might have been, I heard somewhere that all policemen are on the streets, just trying to keep the peace, they might all be uniformed at the moment.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Well I hope they all give em' hell, I would, just hopin its all peacefull. I know at the mayday riots a few years back here in London the police actually pulled back allowing the protestors to be led, unwatched passed a McDonalds. The obvious happened. The police then come out of nowhere and beat the # out of everyone and made a load of arrests. I hope that the boys in blue don't try and set things off.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Ya know, I hope it doesn't explode too badly. I'd really like to know who was doing the planning for this, because, well, he did a losey job! The site he picked, NY City, has been shunned by the Republicans as a convention site for over 100 years. It's obvious that the Republicans don't like us! And then there's the matter of arranging for the president to be in the area known to be destined to be hit by terrorists, with a history of terrorist threats. Didn't this set off any security alarms? And, then there is the timing.....running along with the NY State fair. Hey, State Troopers are usually barrowed from the downstate communities to help with the security for that. Well, Upstate didn't get the additional troopers, but we sure aren't in any position to send any to them if anything major happens either!
I hope the planning guy had enough sense to realize that one!

Hope he gets fired, he did a losey job!

new topics

top topics

join