It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Birds: Ontario

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
DSO

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies and theories thus far. I have been thinking about this (along with the Myrtle Beach mass die off, thanks for bringing that to my attention, Canadian media is quite selective of their stories...) and the incidents ealier this year.

It seems like these incidents are happening during the migritory periods (both flying north and flying south) when birds rely on their built in detectors of eaths magnetic feilds. Sure something may be going on with the earths magnetic field, however these changes are more gradual and so far north is still north and south is still south. No Im more inclined to believe all the electromagnetic pollution we are pumping out (Radio, cell phone signals, even power transmission, and HAARP if you're so inclined) may be having adverse effects on our more sensitive fellow inhabitants of this planet. These unnatural lines of electromagnetic energy may be disrupting birds in their migritory patterns causing them to fly longer routes and thus fly into unfamilliar and possibly food deprived or dangerous areas. Now im no bird scientest (im an engineer) but that would be my best guess.

Adding to the migritory argument, I live in western canada and have not seen any sign of the annual migration even starting yet. Usually by this time we see the iconic Canadian Goose flying in formation, but that hasn't happened yet. Its been an unusually warm fall, we have yet to have a killing frost which usually happens late september. Could be the cause, but you'd think the birds would base it more on light then temperature...

As for the specific incident, I still have a hard time believing that many birds can be killed by botulism. I can see a couple hundred, but not 6000+.Something is definitly fishy here...
edit on 23-10-2011 by DSO because: wording error

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
very odd

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I questioned the dead seals symptoms when the geiger counter was suggested. It sounds to me with the lesions and all on the seals that maybe it is radiation poisoning? What do you think?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I have lived fairly close to that region my entire life and I can confirm that this is unprecedented. A few dozen birds died in Ontario because of West Nile Virus over the last few years, but this incident is yet another stark reminder that something is off within our ecosystems.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jerisa

I questioned the dead seals symptoms when the geiger counter was suggested. It sounds to me with the lesions and all on the seals that maybe it is radiation poisoning? What do you think?

I think that if no one local to the event has a gieger counter then it might be prudent to go down to the beach after dark to see if the birds are glowing.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

That never occurred to me...what a scary thought. Sure sounds like the symptoms and they know something is wrong in the water as they are trying to get out of it.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

I think that if no one local to the event has a gieger counter then it might be prudent to go down to the beach after dark to see if the birds are glowing.

it is sad i have a sister right there...but she is one who does not question authority and so it is a virus..that's that.

<< 1   >>

join