It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hot Gay Republican Phone Sex (additional Outings)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Save your excited U2U's Schwarzenegger fans as I'm not offering.

No, "Hot Gay Republican Phone Sex" actually describes the latest scandal to send a politican packing. This one an extremely conservative southern Republican that has been a leading supporter of Bush's Federal Marriage Amendment to ban same-sex marriage.

Allegations that Schrock is gay were posted on the Web site blogactive.com by Michael Rogers, according to The Associated Press.

Two House Republican leadership aides told CNN that Schrock has been wrestling this month with how to respond to the allegations.

Schrock, who plans to serve out the remainder of his term, has been a leading supporter of the Federal Marriage Amendment, a proposed constitutional amendment that would ban same-sex marriage.

Rogers told the AP that his blog is aimed at exposing "hypocrites" in Congress.

When you manage to stop laughing, read the article at CNN. You can't make this stuff up. I mean everyone just assumes the biggest homophobes have issues. I guess this one leaves little to the imagination. Or maybe alot depending on the kind of things you like to imagine.

In the big picture though, it's just sad. So he's gay? Why can't he still serve the people? Seems like he was a pretty good Republican, being anti-gay and all.

[edit on 31-8-2004 by RANT]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
It sounds like he was looking to retire sometime anyway, and I guess his old heart couldn't handle serving another term amid a gay scandal. Sounds like a good time to bow out.

I don't really believe the whole argument that some of the most homophobic people you'll come across have some personal demons they are hiding, but this guy sure proved me wrong

On a more serious note, this is the problem you have when you put gays in a position where they are not viewed as an equal member of society, or when you withold everyday rights from them just because they are gay. Assuming he is gay, that has to be awful for his family (especially his wife). I don't know whether to be more mad at society as a whole that in a way causes some gay people to do this, or at the gay person for not having enough courage to be himself, and instead living a lie that is going to harm so many of his loved ones.

That's just not fair to do that to someone. If the allegations are true, that man should be ashamed of himself. Someone like him is quite possibly the scummiest type of person that you can find when it comes to gay issues.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Republicans - the party of lies and liars, all in the 'name' of morality

Maybe someday an intelligent species will inhabit this planet, Im not holding my breath waiting though.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Being gay has nothing to do with how you perform your job, being a 2 faced liar is another subject altogether!
How do these people live with themselves!!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
What is it with these guys? Bob Barr, a chief Clinton crotch sniffer, at least had 3 or 4 mistresses! That might have been the last hetrosexual sex scandal to come out of the Republican party!
With Bush literally being a Bonesman by several accounts, I guess it really is Trickle Down morality.
Sadly, this was leaked as purely a political move....on the Republican's part! You see, they, with massive 1st time voter turn out expected being for Kerry, not-Bush, they felt that they had to appeal to the Log Cabin folks after this tidbit:
Gay GOP group delays its decision to endorse Bush
I can see Karl Rove now, " We need to out somebody, to show we're on the team!!! Who forgot the snacks at the last sauna party!?!?!"

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
US Senators Targeted in "Outing" Campaign

Michael Rogers lives on the top floor of a block of flats in Washington DC, with a balcony and a fine view of the city whose secrets he is systematically giving up. Mr Rogers, who is gay, is waging a controversial "outing" campaign against gay Senators, members of Congress and Capitol Hill staffers who support the presidentially sponsored campaign to ban same-sex marriages.

The headquarters for his campaign is a workstation in the corner of his sitting room. From here he sifts tips-offs, updates his blog site (www.blogactive.com) and above all makes the phone calls that gays on the Hill have come to dread.

"It's about exposing hypocrisy, about ending a conspiracy of deceit and silence," Mr Rogers says. "These people work for politicians who are working to discriminate against gays. Then they seek protection from the very people their bosses are trying to hurt. It's surreal."

Previous outings (before the latest "Schrocking" revelation) included:

Jay Timmons, the executive director of the National Republican Senatorial Committee. The NRSC exists to ensure the election of Republican candidates to the Senate and, according to the Blade, "has declared its intention to seize upon the issue of same-sex marriage to motivate conservative voters to unseat congressional Democrats". Mr Timmons has declined to comment publicly on his sexuality and did not return our calls.

Jonathan Tolman, a senior aide for a senate committee chaired by Senator James Inhofe of Oklahoma, one of the most conservative Senators. A couple of years earlier Mr Tolman had posed for a risqu� photo-spread in a Washington gay magazine. Mr Rogers posted this information on his website.

Plus about 20 staffers and politicians...

...including Congressman Mark Foley, a Florida Republican, and Democrat Senator Barbara Mikulski of Maryland. Mr Foley's office has since confirmed he is gay, but Senator Mikulski has not commented on her sexual orientation. Both were targeted because they had not spoken out against the Federal Marriage Amendment. They both subsequently did.

The electrifying assault on hyprocrisy (termed a "Swish Hunt") is challenged forcefully by the Gay Conservative group Log Cabin Republicans (who this posters considers a sham cosmetic front organization for sanctioned evil by Neocons).

Chris Barron, the political director of the conservative gay group Log Cabin Republicans, says: "The outing is outrageous. It's a partisan attack. It's hateful and unnecessary. Anyone I know who is straight can't believe gay people can do this to each other. This is just someone looking for their 15 minutes of fame."

You tell 'em Chris. The Republican Party runs a big house inclusive of all. It's got walk in closets for everybody!

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
And The Audio for the unconvinced...

MP3

�Uh, hi, I weigh 200 pounds, I�m �.very muscular, very buffed up, uh, very tanned, uh, I just like to get together a guy from time to time, just to, just to play. I�d like him to be very good shape... well hung, cut, just get naked, play... nothing real heavy duty, but just, fun time, go down on him, he can go down on me, and just take it from there...�

Rep. Ed Schrock, a two-term Republican congressman from Virginia, announced that he would resign abruptly today, citing unspecified allegations.

Those allegations were that he was gay, and that several voicemail messages he left on a phone sex service came into the possession of gay activists, who posted one on their blog.

Schrock said only: �In recent weeks, allegations have surfaced that have called into question my ability to represent the citizens of Virginia�s Second Congressional District.� He would not elaborate on the allegations.

Second most conservative member of the Senate? Jeez! This is the Republican equivalent of Ted Kennedy turning out to be an African American in drag.

Don't say Uncle Nerdling isn't good to you folks

[edit on 31-8-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Boy O Boy.
I have never seen such hypocrisy as I've seen in the last few years. Warning: Better be careful throwin' them stones.

Good find, RANT.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
why do you always bash republicans, you sterotype every republican as liar's, I guess it just goes to your basic core of hate-mongering and demogory.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
why do you always bash republicans, you sterotype every republican as liar's, I guess it just goes to your basic core of hate-mongering and demogory.

I'm bashing a man who is the 2nd most conservative member of the Senate who votes against gays, against lesbians and many other reformist policies.

He is voting against who he seems to be, i find that deeply troubling.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Being gay is okay until you're a Republican/Conservative, then it's the most vile and unnatural attribute possible. Just further evidence of the duplicitous nature of the Liberal/Democrat psyche, and before you throw the hypocrite card on the table, think of all the times you have dismissed the "Shroud of Hypocrisy" which envelopes your favorite liberal... you probably did today...

Finger Pointing Monkeys, not just for "traffic signals" anymore...

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Sounds like you are revealing in someone's weakness. He who is without sin, cast the first stone. I will give the man credit, he is redrawing from his run for re-election. More guts to do that than some others.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Being gay, my fine Republican friends, is okay and natural no matter what your political affiliation.

The efforts of Michael Rogers are to specifically out hypocrites that back the Constitutional Amendment to deny Americans rights based on sexual preference....their own sexual preference.

There's a Democrat on his list too.

And it's working.

Congressman Mark Foley, a Florida Republican, and Democrat Senator Barbara Mikulski of Maryland. Mr Foley's office has since confirmed he is gay, but Senator Mikulski has not commented on her sexual orientation. Both were targeted because they had not spoken out against the Federal Marriage Amendment. They both subsequently did.

Hard to argue with results. The www.logcabin.org... would have Gay Conservatives believe voting Bush/Cheney while posting ineffective tirades that:
works on Neocons.

When it clearly doesn't. What it does do is pacify libertarian minded fiscal conservatives they are making a difference in the RNC's closet. They aren't.

The pro-choice, pro-gay (and in McCain's case anti-tax cut) face of the Republican National Convention is fine and dandy, but don't forget you get what you vote for...not the messenger.

[edit on 31-8-2004 by RANT]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Being gay is okay until you're a Republican/Conservative, then it's the most vile and unnatural attribute possible. Just further evidence of the duplicitous nature of the Liberal/Democrat psyche, and before you throw the hypocrite card on the table, think of all the times you have dismissed the "Shroud of Hypocrisy" which envelopes your favorite liberal... you probably did today...

Finger Pointing Monkeys, not just for "traffic signals" anymore...

The point is the man in question has opened himself up for this criticizm. As I said before, the hypocrisy is astounding.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This is a person who champions vote strategies that will make his "playthings" second class citizens.

They should "Out" every last one of them. My niece is a doctor & my brother is an establish business excutive, both are gay, both never denied it, both have achieved professional & personal success.
This guy is a coward; as is anyone who could stand aside & see folks like themselves wronged & do nothing.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
I will give the man credit, he is redrawing from his run for re-election. More guts to do that than some others.

Certainly more guts than Bush. I don't care who's calling what sex line (I think it's sad that the whole matter leaked, to be honest -- privacy needs to be respected), but what Bush did is a lot worse. He sodomized the public morale. He should quit the race.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
People of Compassion
www.gopconvention.com...

So don't expect Bush & Cheney to be there. Or any gays we know of.

It's Libby Dole to talk about God.

And Laura Bush to talk about the same (her husband).

And pro-gay Arnold to make fun of Democrats compassionately.

If that doesn't convince gay conservatives the Repubicans are on your side, at least it may cure them.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I myself have never understood the radical gay community and thier practice of these forced outings. i can understand thier anger at one of thier owns having a different stance on policy that is inconsistent with his or her lifestyle.

However, its an intersting catch 22. Liberal decry the loss of privacy and the intrusions of government, or the loss of first ammendment rights. Yet, will freely "out" politicians that do not fit thier agandas. Obviously Im talking about a fringe group (kind of an anti John birch Society).

Is is okay to forcibly reveal a public persons sexuality? No, not if you believe in individual rights. Period.

On a side note, there is a Republican Group I remeber well from my times at the California Republican Convention: The Log Cabin Club. This group represents gay Republicans.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Is is okay to forcibly reveal a public persons sexuality? No, not if you believe in individual rights. Period.

Do you see the irony? It's the hypocrites that are AGAINST individual's rights that are being outed.

And what's "Radical Homosexuals" supposed to mean? The one's who don't hide their sexuality in the closet?

RNC goofed big time tonight. Arnold is supposed to be the gay bridge to the Republican Party and he can't drop the girlie men line. I know it's supposed to be "funny" but how is implying anyone is gay and that's an insult endearing, compassionate or proving anything other than Republicans require thier gays in the closet?

The man just basically said Either you're with us or you're a fag. Most of America may not see it that way. Or they do and still find it funny, as playground humor is par for the course in this nation. But it's horrible inclusionist strategy.

I was talking about the RNC closet group LCR (you mentioned earlier) by the way. It's really sad IMHO. That would be the "girlie men" wing of the Republican Party I suppose.

I appreciate your response and consideration on this though immensely Fred T.
As I know you're moderate and not bashing anyone here at all. I also don't want anyone to think it gives me some sick pleasure the RNC is so evil on this issue to the benefit of Democrats. It doesn't. They just simply need to change.

I'd say the same thing even if I were a Republican, but that's entirely hypothetical as it would be impossible for me to support such evil. Those that can do it like the LCR...whatever guys. I just shake my head. Hard to believe those are real people and not just window dressing at times.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
This is a person who champions vote strategies that will make his "playthings" second class citizens.

They should "Out" every last one of them. ..This guy is a coward; as is anyone who could stand aside & see folks like themselves wronged & do nothing.

This is one issue that Bout Time and I agree on completely.

This man is a taking the lead in supporting a constitutional amendment to deny basic civil rights (guaranteed under the 14th amendment) to a group of Americans based solely on their sexual orientation. A sexual orientation to which he belongs to.

I'm sorry but he had it coming.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join