It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full size of the Moai Statues! (Easter Island)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I thought the exact same thing, I have an ornament from the chest up, where's the rest?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

This is a cool pic ...I wonder if the dates on when the statues were made will change as a result of this
anyone with a link on new dates please post!!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
That is so cool. I would not have even thought about carvings being made onto the buried portion of the statues. So cool.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

whoa that is Interesting

so we were just seeing the Heads and there is Body's Attached to it ! just WOW

the Bodys are similar to what you see in Tiwanaku

To me from what i can see it similar to the ! The Claddagh in how the Hands of the Now Statue the OP Posted on Easter Island..

Maybe its just me .. I guess i have to wait until i can see a better Look ! at those Long Fingered Hands on the Statue ! it another question as to why it was covered up ! ?

The Claddagh

edit on 23-10-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

to Add::

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by objectivist

I wonder how much was not sunken!! over time natural buildup of sediments will occur somewhere around 3 inches every 100 yrs or so ive heard
but that is a very cool pice maybe they will dig up the rest so we can see the rest of the carvings and decorations on them

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

My guess is that it has been there for much longer then we think. Some of the pics show the different levels of sediment perfectly so its not all just one kind of soil.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bonkrh
reply to post by Wolfenz

My guess is that it has been there for much longer then we think. Some of the pics show the different levels of sediment perfectly so its not all just one kind of soil.

It may have been there for a LOng LOng Time

Im not sure where the Location of THIS!! particular Statue the Op has Posted It would be helpful if we knew
on Easter Island

also the Hard Erosion on some of the Statues

what get me is those LONG Fingers! Why long Fingers, Long Torso Big Head ! Neanderthal Forehead Wide Noses Small Skinny Arms

now i see what these Statues are Grasping a Little Box as it looks

it reminds me of the Old Tale of Alien Grays clinging on to a Cube ( Box) from a Crash , Roswell? when they were Injured and close to Near death ..

Also I have a Comic that shows that Cube type box on their Chest from back inside cover a 1967 Comic

Flying Saucers Comics

a Mystery is to what the Little Cube is !

edit on 23-10-2011 by Wolfenz because: fixing typos

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
"There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare [children] to them, the same [became] mighty men which [were] of old, men of renown." Gen 6:4

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I dont know if these are as old as some think, because wouldn't erosion of the statues be much worse if they where many tens or hundreds of thousands of years old?

Maybe they buried them deep so they dont topple over in a rain storm, since they are on a slope (from pics they look to be a on slope), once the ground softens up.

Some of the first ones they built maybe got uprooted like a tree after some long period of storms or something, so they decided to bury them deeper to prevent that from happening?

But then again maybe there was much more detail that has been eroded off?
edit on 23-10-2011 by Desolate Cancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I remember seeing on one of the Ancient Aliens PBS specials about some giant stones with perfectly cut edges, that weigh more than what 6 military helicopters could carry (or something like that...). Here's a link to "ancient Aliens stone pics" and one below. I wonder if these could be related? I haven't seen any dates related to either set of stonework.

Ancient Alien stone cutting pics

I don't know if our research has shown any possibilities but imagine that it took some floating ancient alien craft to move these and coordinate equipment and experience to carve them. Would make an easy link between the giant stones and the giant Maoi statues (no matter where on Earth they came from).

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by Bonkrh

and people say there were not giants in the old days...Just another proof providing credibility to the giants recorded in the HOLY bible. Thanks OP, S&F!

These are statues molded from stone. In laymen's terms, they are rocks that were chiseled by humans. How does this add any credibility to the theory that living, breathing giants once existed? That's like saying a poster for Lord of the Rings adds credence to the fact that wizards are launching conjured fireballs at dragons somewhere. They are simply gigantic symbols or decorations, similar to the huge bronze lion outside of the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas (which, by the way, does not in any way prove the existence of living 45 foot metallic lions).

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Is there copper in those statues? It looks like the top of the statue has elements of oxidized copper inside it or coated with it. I've seen them before but not like this. Nice...

edit on 23-10-2011 by PunchingBag80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Theres a good reason cars dont push furher than 20-25 and houses just a couple hundred... planned obsolesence.

The term "they dont build them like they used" never been more apt. whether its equipment, electricals, the car or even the house. They are intentionally designed to fail in order for you the consumer to buy another.

These easter islands statues were built to last! I caught an episode of Ancient aliens from season 3. where the particular piece on easter island was well structured. from what they are, what information we have of them, and what legends there are attached to them from the people.

As well as looking at
the strange symbols and glyphs depicting bird/mask faced beings and depictions of what appear to be planes/flying vehicles over the island.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
I remember seeing on one of the Ancient Aliens PBS specials about some giant stones with perfectly cut edges, that weigh more than what 6 military helicopters could carry (or something like that...). Here's a link to "ancient Aliens stone pics" and one below. I wonder if these could be related? I haven't seen any dates related to either set of stonework.

Ancient Alien stone cutting pics

I don't know if our research has shown any possibilities but imagine that it took some floating ancient alien craft to move these and coordinate equipment and experience to carve them. Would make an easy link between the giant stones and the giant Maoi statues (no matter where on Earth they came from).

really? PBS did "ancient aliens" specials?

and humans built everything. get over it

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Some of us are still waiting for your work on this thing, the island calls.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
the best thing to ever happen to ATS was that thousands of yrs ago the library at Alexandria was destroyed. That opened the door for the reckless speculation and escapism that pervades this site.

History is missing=insert the most absurd explanation possible. Occams Razor desecrated, daily, here on ATS

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Wow very interesting, I would have never guessed that they were that deeply buried. Truly amazing.

High five to the monks who came to the island and destroyed almost all of the Easter Island Tablets. So much history forever lost to mankind all in the name of religion. Makes you wonder what their true motivations were for destroying history. Were they really afraid that such things were the work of the devil or were they trying to find something from mankind?

Also, does anyone know if they ever found evidence of whether or not these statues were buried by man or by natural means? Or if they checked the surrounding ocean to see if any are under water? Land of Mu?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Pastafarian

Ancient Aliens from the History Channel.

That stone pictured is one of the largest ever found, weighing over 1000 tons.

BTW its a really good show.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
the little box these statues are holding is an iPhone!

any ideas as to which ET race/planet these are??

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Isn't that little box the Grays have a weapon?
That's what Phil Schneider said shot him in the underground military base in Dulce, New Mexico.

OT: very interesting picture OP. I too have always wondered just how big these statues really are.
S & F

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join