It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Dare You To Call These People Dirty, Lazy Hippies or Entitlists,OccupyMARINES

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
reply to post by AzureSky

How many layers do you require for minus 30 degrees?
Um, yeah I don't think there are enough layers, just sayin'! That is crazy cold!

I highly doubt this winter will see that cold. Lol, Last winter was pretty mild here (probably not in some other places). And body warmth goes a long way, we survived with animal pelts during the ice age, im sure we can do fine with what we have. Im sure some places will pack up and just go out during the day.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Last January got that cold here....I see it every year. We do get our stretch of days that are that cold here. But yeah, we do survive them but I personally do not do winter camping in January.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Well, I wouldn't call them hippies, but Here, might lead to calling them undereducated thugs or worse.

(Mind, you, I'm not saying this. It's just where posts like this lead.)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

My hat goes off to these Marines, it reminds of the french revolution and the Tennis court oath, when the soldiers and police refuse to fire on their fellow man then we will see an end to this tyrannical state of affairs.

RESPECT

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I guess after seeing the horrors of war, (something that would have me crying like a baby in the foetal position) coming home sick or disabled and finding out the government wants to financially assist as few vets as possible won't help make you think nice things on leaving service.

On a slightly related note, I am somwhat reminded of the old Vietnam veterans. Didn't they have this large public protest after the war where they denounced all they had been forced to do over there and toss all their Purple Hearts and other high rsnking medals as a gesture of their disgust? I seem to remember John Kerry in that film too. Then he went on to become a presidential candidate and married a rich woman (possibly not in that order) and was vaguely (?) supportive of the Iraq war. Googley Moogley... Ah yes, Vietnam Veterams Against the War. Wow! Wikipedia says they apparently occupied the Statue of Liberty too (how very un-American of them! thats saecasm), although all this is a little before my time I remember seeing the youtube clips. It was quite moving.

Go Armed Forces, ex or otherwise, The Whole World Is Watching. And waiting. Your country needs you!

And yes, R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Especially to that huge African-American ex-Marine (?) that was shouting at the cops in NY "This is not a war zone! If you want a war, go to Iraq!" You could see the cops stop dead in their tracks and a few might even have been "thinking" when he let his tirade fly.

This has been an emotional response. Normal service will be resumed shortly. Please do not adjust your dial.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
reply to post by Kali74

Dare me to call them that?

So what if I do.

What are they gonna do, beat me up?

nah they wouldnt beat you up, you would just be wrong, and make yourself look stupid doing it too!!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

reply to post by Kali74

Dare me to call them that?

So what if I do.

What are they gonna do, beat me up?

Quit trollin'

Seeing as how I am about an hour an change from NYC, I may have to see what I can do here. Good thing is that I already have the EMT pants and boots from working on an ambulance. LoL

Besides, I need to go onto the city and apply for FDNY EMS...so I can kill 2 birds with one stone.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

I think the FDNY captured the hearts and minds of many people world wide 10 years ago. Like most FD employees world-wide, they truly are fearless individuals who deserve all our respect and admiration. No tasers, no guns, just large kahunas made of steel and possibly a hose. Good luck to your application Sir!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Remember that when you do call the protesters names and generalize them, that you are now including Marine Vets and a multitude of other vets nationwide.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NoClue206

If I believe any military member to be a "dirty, lazy, hippy" or an "entitlist", then I will have no problem saying it to their face.

You idolize these guys because they follow the governments coattails for a paycheck. Don't give me the BS that they "fight to defend our freedom" because the last time that happened with the military, which could even be argued, is World War II.

They are normal people. They bleed just as much as everyone else. They feel just as much as everyone else. They cast the same amount of votes as everyone else. Don't tell me that these people are supposed to scare me, because they don't.

reply to post by gunshooter

As I said, if that is what they are, and contrary to popular belief I know many "dirty" and "lazy" member of the military and a significant more "entitlists", I will have no problem telling them that. I don't believe for a second that I would be wrong just for criticizing someone for truth simply because they are in the military.

You have some screwed up views on equality, if you believe in it at all.

Trolling? Why should I give more credit to a movement because a couple of service members join it. Are they better than anyone else? Am I supposed to put them on a pedestal and forget all that I've seen from the Occupy movement in lieu of their attendance?

"You can't criticize us or call us names anymore cause there are veterans here!"

There were plenty of veterans in the Tea Party and they were coupled right in there with the "bigots" and "racists" so I don't think there is any ground gained here. This is a ridiculous proclamation and the threat to people that they can't call people out just because service members are involved is absolutely ludicrous. No wonder people are so easily controlled and owned by the government when they decide to put people on pedestals like this.

As for me, I don't abide by that standard. If you want to call me a troll for disagreeing with the "status quo" then you can go ahead an call your OWS buddies trolls as well.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I can haz flag kali?

Good thread Kali!

But I'm sure they will find a way to spin this so these guys are perceived as traitors....

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

You personally knowing and telling off a S*** Bag in the armed forces is one thing, but telling a random person they are crap is another. But if you want practice at running or bleeding I would suggest heading to any Camp or Fort near you to confront any of my fellow Marines or Soldiers,

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
There is evidence building that Soros is sponsoring both the Tea Party and OWS.
www.economicpolicyjournal.com...
gulagbound.com...
Groups in support of OWS should take care... to whom they swear their allegiance.
The revolution required is much more involved than a show of discontent..What is required is a complete overhaul of government... financial sector..and control of the military machine.
www.veteranstoday.com...
There are many great articles concerning OWS and the true state of our country here.
It is yet to be seen ..exactly who will come to the top of the heap concerning OWS.
At this point it is leaderless ..yet organized....I find that odd.
They say a person gets to chose their battles..I don't believe that.
This is a rigged set up...but the challenge is on.
To start an occupation in the onset of winter is ill-advised...it would serve them to return to warmth and their computers until Spring..
Long Live the Revolution

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Please note the state of OccupyBoston...17 viewers..truly sad.
www.livestream.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
We stand on the precipice of a new dawn, one feared by some and anticipated by many. It was only a matter of time before we reached this inevitable conclusion and this sentiment has been shared by our ancestors going back thousands of years. Many have said that it was the tragic events of September 11th, 2001 that had awoken the sleeping giant but in fact this giant continued it's slumber. We as a people have witnessed some amazing things this year, both spiritual and physical but we have also witnessed many travesties. Both the good and bad were necessary to bring us to this day. Without the awakening of our brothers during the still ongoing “Arab Spring”, the economic collapse of the western world and the unveiling of our world leaders moral ineptitude, none of this would have been possible. Yes I know the corruption of our leaders isn't really lost on anyone but the recent and blatant disregard to the people and the earth (to whom we owe our lives) is what sent this runaway train we call democracy over the edge. It wasn't just the war of aggression perpetrated on the people of Iraq under false pretenses, nor the oil volcano spewing out in the gulf and its dismal aftermath, it wasn't even the economic collapse of 2008 and the subsequent bailouts paid to the organizations that enslave us with our own money and not even the Fukushima disaster that continues to unfold. I mean come on, we know the government and corporations have always put profit before people but they have never done so with the indifference that we see today.
Make no mistake, the 1% that controls the other 99% is scared and I don't think it is simply because of a few thousand people occupying a park in New York. It has been foretold. A new beginning is presented to us and we only need to embrace it. You see in the media that the movement has no message but I say to the media who are intent on downplaying the significance, that there is a message but it is lost on you. We have no demands for you, because if we did, you would be incapable of meeting those demands. We are the 99% and no longer will we be enslaved. Our brothers and sisters across the world in every nation, of every race and creed, have looked to us and saw only lazy Americans but today they stand in solidarity because we have finally reached our tipping point. I mean no offense when I say this as I truly believe the people of every nation have strength but they realize without the will of the people in a nation with the mightiest military they won't be able to reach the critical mass that is needed. We have finally reached that event horizon where there is no going back, only forward. The giant's slumber has come to an end, the giant is awake, the giant knows. Welcome to a new dawn where we as a people decide our own path and make our own decisions for our future. We don't need to be coddled, we don't need to be protected from ourselves and we certainly don't need wars without end that hurt untold thousands, nay, millions of innocents to enrich the few. I stand proud and feel fortunate to be on this earth during such a magnificent time in our development.
edit on 24-10-2011 by masta12d because: typo

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
So what do you really know about "Occupy Marines"???

I can't find any real names on thier site...just someone named "Joker"...I'm always skeptical when people asking for money (which they are at the very top of their page) don't share their real information. Maybe I just didn't see it...but I can't find anything.

But I did find this at the bottom of their page.

occupymarines.org...

Proudly donated by The Pirate Party of New York.

Who is the "Pirate Party of New York"...I had no idea...so I followed their link on the Occupy Marine page to their facebook page.

www.facebook.com...

And what are their "Activities"?

United States Pirate Party.

4chan

4chan....really???

And who the heck is the United States Pirate Party???

en.wikipedia.org...(United_States)

The Pirate Party's platform centers on issues of intellectual property. "Like its international counterparts, the USPP’s main practical concerns are digital intellectual property and privacy laws—specifically, the abolition of a 1998 digital U.S. copyright law, the reduction of copyrights to 14 years (from 95 years after publication, or 70 years after the author’s death), and the expiration of patents that don’t result in significant progress within four years (as opposed to 20 years)."

So it is basically people who want to download music and movies for free (more "free" demands from OWS...shocking).

All this and the fact that the very first information on the Occupy Marines website is a plea for you to donate money to them...that gives me a pretty feeling of who they are and what their goals are....can't say it's positive.

So my questions to the OP or any supporter of this.

Who exactly are these guys, any real names or credentials?

Can you really claim that "Marines" support OWS with one anonymous person starting a webpage?

Do you support the Pirate Party of the United States?

Do you really want your movement tied to 4chan?

ETA: Being a Marine doesn't make you a god that doesn't have flaws. A Marine could very well be Dirty, a Lazy Hippie, or an Entitlists. Being part of a certain group doesn't define the individual...I judge people as an individual...not by a title.
edit on 24-10-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You always have to read between the lines. When it comes to the occupy movement it isn't just the government or organizations that you have to be weary of. Anyone with a desire to exploit a situation to make a quick buck will do what they can to co-op the movement. Seeing marines, army, et.al. at occupy locations is great but it means nothing to me other than another head helping reach that critical mass. Now, if they were to say, come in the tens of thousands fully equipped and geared to protect the people from there government that is one thing, or a military stand down and refusal of orders if there was a declaration of State of Emergency and they were directed to send us to gulags, Then I would be grateful.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

reply to post by NoClue206

If I believe any military member to be a "dirty, lazy, hippy" or an "entitlist", then I will have no problem saying it to their face.

You idolize these guys because they follow the governments coattails for a paycheck. Don't give me the BS that they "fight to defend our freedom" because the last time that happened with the military, which could even be argued, is World War II.

They are normal people. They bleed just as much as everyone else. They feel just as much as everyone else. They cast the same amount of votes as everyone else. Don't tell me that these people are supposed to scare me, because they don't.

As I said, if that is what they are, and contrary to popular belief I know many "dirty" and "lazy" member of the military and a significant more "entitlists", I will have no problem telling them that. I don't believe for a second that I would be wrong just for criticizing someone for truth simply because they are in the military.

You have some screwed up views on equality, if you believe in it at all.

Trolling? Why should I give more credit to a movement because a couple of service members join it. Are they better than anyone else? Am I supposed to put them on a pedestal and forget all that I've seen from the Occupy movement in lieu of their attendance?

"You can't criticize us or call us names anymore cause there are veterans here!"

There were plenty of veterans in the Tea Party and they were coupled right in there with the "bigots" and "racists" so I don't think there is any ground gained here. This is a ridiculous proclamation and the threat to people that they can't call people out just because service members are involved is absolutely ludicrous. No wonder people are so easily controlled and owned by the government when they decide to put people on pedestals like this.

As for me, I don't abide by that standard. If you want to call me a troll for disagreeing with the "status quo" then you can go ahead an call your OWS buddies trolls as well.

who's side are you on? the peoples or the feds? it seems to me that you are trying to prove an argument for the enemy here, is that the case or am I mistaken? If our military members stand up with us, that speaks volumes to the government. who says you have to be scared of military members to begin with, you are trolling on here being so thick headed with your views you know. settle down a little and figure out who's side your on first then start posting again. (Basically, think before you act)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I didn't know we had "enemies" in all of this.

Us vs Them? With us or against us?

This is why a lot of people won't support OWS.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You have a point. However, I think it would be foolish for anyone to defraud in the name of any US Military branch.

No I don't think having served your country makes you a god. I also think military past and present personel know exactly what is up with Occupy and why they are making a stand as mititary and not civilian. Those who have fought in the wars, for the advancement of corporate or banker agendas as it turns out, are also being shafted and I think they're pretty pissed off about it. Vets have earned their benefits and then some, those benefits should be delivered on a silver platter with much gratitude, instead they get years of paperwork.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join