It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking U.S.: Imminent terror attack in Kenya possible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Breaking U.S.: Imminent terror attack in Kenya possible
www.cbsnews.com...

Kenyan military board a truck headed to Somalia, near Liboi at the border with Somalia in Kenya, Tuesday, Oct. 18, 2011. Kenya said its launch of military operations into southern Somalia against al-Shabab militants was in response to the kidnappings of four Europeans over the last six weeks, though military analysts suspect that Kenya had prepared the invasion before the abductions. (AP Photo)
(CBS/AP) NAIROBI, Kenya - The U.S. Embassy is warning that an imminent terrorist attack in Kenya is possible.
The warning said likely targets include places that foreigners congregate, including shopping malls and night clubs.

The embassy issued the warning from what it called credible information.

The U.S. did not specify who might carry out such an attack, but the warning comes a week after Kenyan troops pushed into Somalia to attack al-Shabab militants, blamed for a string of kidnappings on Kenyan soil.

In response to the Kenyan military incursion, al-Shabab on Monday threatened to carry out suicide attacks in Kenya similar to those in July that killed 76 people watching the World Cup final in Uganda. Al-Shabab said that attack was a response to Uganda sending troops to support Somalia's government.

Kenya has been in an uproar.
Four Europeans have been kidnapped
Al-Shabab is blocking aid from reaching hungry Somalis,
after it banned major aid groups from operating in the territories it controls.
I do not think this is a false flag per say but we have heard terror attack immensely
a lot. I hope they are OK over there and this can be prevented.
www.bloomberg.com...

About 9,000 Ugandan and Burundian soldiers from the African Union-led peacekeeping force in Somalia help provide security for a Western-backed Transitional Federal Government. Al- Shabaab, which has waged a four-year campaign to remove the transitional administration, controls most of southern and central Somalia.

Kenya has been a place for terrorist attacks for a long time now
here is one more recently October 7th.
abcnews.go.com...
Terrorists May Target Sports Fans in Kenya, U.S. Warns

There is "credible information" that terrorists may unleash attacks targeting sports viewing events in the next few days in Kenya, the U.S. embassy there said in an emergency message for U.S. citizens.

"American citizens are urged to avoid public venues, such as sports bars, night clubs, and restaurants, which will be broadcasting these games, as well as public transportation, such as buses, to and from the events," the alert said.

The message specifically says the potential attacks could be linked to the Rugby World Cup, which runs until Oct. 23 in New Zealand, or the highly-anticipated soccer match between Kenya and Uganda taking place at Uganda's Namboole stadium Saturday.

Why can't these people just get a long.
It is a mad house their.
STAY TUNED
Will be updating as new comes in or if an attack takes place..
edit on 22-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
We killed bin laden.

Obama is letting the troops go home in Iraq in december.

I thought the war was over.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
We killed bin laden.

Me too but Africa is a mess
Don't forget about the soldiers SENT to Africa
www.npr.org...
Uganda Mission Part Of Military's Wide Reach

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

We killed bin laden.

Who said anything about the war being over? Iraq officially ends on 31, Dec 2011 according to official releases from U.S. Gov RSS feed material, but Afghanistan is not a part of that and we seem to be lining up on Syria, Iran or Pakistan...or all 3.. sheesh. Who knows anymore on that? We have drones running ops in Yemen out of Djibouti and combat operations running on a limited scale in other African, Middle Eastern and Asian nations as the need arises....

You're one of the more informed here, so to hear you say this bothers me... Not about you, but wondering how many others assumed that the Iraq war ending meant U.S. combat operations around the world were ending too. I wonder if that isn't part of the point here....to let people assume that and make no effort to correct the assumption.

As far as I'm concerned...*ALL* combat operations should and need to end though. Unless we're attacked directly on U.S. soil, and we haven't been for years now, this isn't a war with justification anymore. It just isn't.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Hey! Here's a wacky thought!
Tripoli is rigt on the northern coast of Africa.

And who did we just get rid of?

Would make for a nice l'il airport

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Not hardly,....The war is just beginning and its going to be a long one too.....
We are looking at quite a few countries up for grabs yet in Africa, as well as instability all over the muslim world.
The Libyan thing was just a warm up for the US and friends, the real pirizes lay in the hinterlands .....
The world is rearranging itself and its lotalties....anything and everything is up for grabs...The oil under Cyprus for instance will result in tumultuous times for turkey greece, and Ysreal.
With a little bit on Lebanon thrown in ther mix....
Syria is on fire man.......its still erupring there..
Narural disasters have not been taken into account either....looks like an active earth these days....
Somalia remains a battle ground....
South Africa is smouldering away there just under the surface...a massive civil war brewing.
Naw...the wars are in the early stages yet....give it a little time just a few more months....

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Am I wrong in thinking that recent events and assasinations appear to be a shopping list for the west.

We got the oil. A few diamonds, gold and other minerals for the ladies next. Its begining to look like a tyrants shopping mall.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
ahh more warnings of imaginary bogeymen from amerika to keep the fear levels up and the police state running..
and in der fuhrer's erm.. the presidents old homeland at that.. guess since the iran plan didnt pan out time to distract while they work out a new one..or maybe der fuhrer ..erm the president has relatives with political aspirations in the homeland and he is giving them some muscle..erm military assistance..erm fighting terrorists..

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

We killed bin laden.

Oh you mean the USA got kicked out of Iraq. Obama did nothing.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

reply to post by popsmayhem

Hey! Here's a wacky thought!
Tripoli is rigt on the northern coast of Africa.

And who did we just get rid of?

Would make for a nice l'il airport

I think your talking about Gaddafi.
Well at least we know we can get to kenya
on foot fast when the terror attack hits.

Do you not think if they announce a terror attack
that it could be thwarted?

I hope something can be done about it.

For one thing being American I would for sure
NOT be visiting Kenya. They can take that vacation
and shove it!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
How can it be Imminent and possible at the same time??

Imminent = ready to take place
Possible = may or can be

~Morpheus

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorpheusUSA

Possible = may or can be

~Morpheus

I hear you, I found that odd myself.
This is not really out of character
for Kenya, I just do not want innocent
people getting hurt. All the civil wars they
fight for the good has to many people caught
in the cross hairs.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
No attack yet, which is good, I am watching
the wire,
another source from fox
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Possible = may or can be

~Morpheus

well,

that's how the US Govt and the Media talk

How do ya think politicians get elected?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Possible = may or can be

~Morpheus

well,

that's how the US Govt and the Media talk

How do ya think politicians get elected?

Yes, and we hear it all from unnamed,credible sources from within the Government..

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
just thought id bump this ,> breaking news grenade kills 14 in kenya capitol nairobi< related u think?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Turns out it was accurate - sadly

Grenade attack on Kenya bar

24 October 2011 Last updated at 10:19 ET Help A suspected grenade attack on a Nairobi pub has wounded 12 people.

It comes just days after the United States warned of an imminent threat in the Kenyan capital.

The motive remains unknown, but Kenya's police chief said investigations had shown no links with the Somali militant group al-Shabab.

It comes a week after Kenya sent troops to Somalia to track down members of the group, which Nairobi blames for several kidnappings. Al-Shabab threatened reprisals if the troops did not leave.

Will Ross reports.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by tdrowe2010
just thought id bump this ,> breaking news grenade kills 14 in kenya capitol nairobi< related u think?

With the links reported, I would say yes. I know there has been issues since Kenya sent troops into Somalia to push back radical islamic forces.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Turns out it was accurate - sadly

Grenade attack on Kenya bar

24 October 2011 Last updated at 10:19 ET Help A suspected grenade attack on a Nairobi pub has wounded 12 people.

It comes just days after the United States warned of an imminent threat in the Kenyan capital.

The motive remains unknown, but Kenya's police chief said investigations had shown no links with the Somali militant group al-Shabab.

It comes a week after Kenya sent troops to Somalia to track down members of the group, which Nairobi blames for several kidnappings. Al-Shabab threatened reprisals if the troops did not leave.

Will Ross reports.

I thought they would be attacking the embassy.

Why is it necessary to attack there own citizens?
Or is this a fanatical group?

top topics

join