It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: 12 Nepalese Hostages beheaded in Iraq

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Twelve Nepalese hostages are being reported to have been beheaded by their captors today. This is a developing story.

www.sky.com
Twelve Nepalese hostages have been beheaded by their captors in Iraq, news agencies are reporting.

The hostages were kidnapped by the Islamist Army of Ansar al-Sunna, which has shown pictures of the apparent slaughter.

News of the executions has been posted on the army's website.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

More details as they come..

UPDATE:

A statement on the website said: "We have carried out the sentence of God against 12 Nepalese who came from their country to fight the Muslims and to serve the Jews and the Christians ... believing in Buddha as their God."

I didn't realise that any Nepalese were involved, or indeed that nay had even been captured... All these executions just seem to be getting worse and worse. On the Sky news link there a couple of other details and an image of the website.

[edit on 8-31-2004 by Valhall]

[edit on 8-31-2004 by Valhall]

[edit on 9-1-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
why nepalese..what have they done to the iraqi`s
going to far now

soldiers we are paratrooper`s..we are meant to be surrounded

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   
First China and now Iraq hates Nepal. Oh also half of the Nepalese hate Nepal as you can see from the current civil war.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The Nepalese form the Ghurka's, but there is no mention of them being British Ghurka's.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I wonder if they questioned if any of the people they have captured and murdered have actually been muslims and because of a breakdown in language communication have killed them in the name of Allah or whatever cause THEY believe this is justified....

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
If they see them as collaborators, i'm not sure they care what faith they are.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
If they were from Nepal and in Iraq, they were likely janitors or other service workers. A stereotype I know, but likely the case. That's what makes this even more tragic. They simply take any non-muslim (and sometimes even muslims) off the street, and try to use them to further their agenda...

And just how many Nepalese troops were in Iraq? My guess is zero...

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   

A statement on the website said: "We have carried out the sentence of God against 12 Nepalese who came from their country to fight the Muslims and to serve the Jews and the Christians ... believing in Buddha as their God."

Not to be insanely nit-picky, but how many things can you count incorrect with this sentence? Buddha=God??? Me thinks some one is a bit confused.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The Muslim extremist have murdered christians, jews and now hindus. They have in the own words declared a holy war in the name of there god. Can it now be assumed they are the real crusaders?

[edit on 31-8-2004 by flycatch]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
They have killed many fellow muslims as well... To call it a "crusade" would give it undeserved justification... It's a killing spree by savage murderers, hiding behind an ideology they don't even comprehend themselves....

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I agree with most of you I didn�t know that Nepalese where involve in Iraq, perhaps it was not many, but killing 12 that is barbaric.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
You know....when the Cold War was happening, the US and USSR knew that everything boiled down to M.A.D......and we all knew that neither side wanted to die......
Today, the US and most of the world is fighting a form of extremism that doesn't care about life nor about individual death...imagine what these same extremist would do if they could truly put their hands on or utilize a nuclear device......12 Nepalese would be nothing, AMONG those who have lost their lives due to extremism......

seekerof

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
If indeed the reports are true, this is a tragedy, and a travesty. Nothing will be gained by this senseless act, save world condemnation and renewed resolve of eradicating extremist that believe their beliefs must be thrust upon all. Any plea for independence, justice, or freedom would surely me stifled by this and the other recent acts perpetrated in Iraq, and the Middle East as a whole. Maybe when the "freedom fighters" decapitate a few fundamentalist mullahs, and depots/dictators the yoke of their true oppression will be removed.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   

as posted by Mirthful Me
Maybe when the "freedom fighters" decapitate a few fundamentalist mullahs, and depots/dictators the yoke of their true oppression will be removed.

I would and will agree with such a 'vision' Mirthful Me, well said, but maybe this cartoon says it all in a simple nut-shell concerning many of the current situations dealing with such extremism and extremists?

seekerof

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
These were civilian workers who had been lured to Iraq to work for wages far beyond what they could have earned at home. Nepal is one of the poorest countries in the world. According to reports, one Nepalese was beheaded. The rest were shot in the back of the head. There's a picture in the link.

www.geo.tv...

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Seekerof,

Your cartoon pick is hilarious but as sad as this post may be it does touch a very sensitive issue with radicals in Iraq. Leaders in Iraq have to make the citizens in the country that wants a peaceful and prosper Iraq to stop helping the Islamic radicals, but occur again religious ties are to strong.

Now it is very sad indeed that workers are lure into Iraq with money when the situation in the country is so volatile, don't this workers get the international news? Very, very tragic.

[edit on 31-8-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The Founder posted a link to a link of these murders
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The link is www.sqlspace.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">here

And the warning

PLEASE NOTE THIS ONE IS REALLY BAD... it's pure horror... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED... Graphic is an understatement

[edit on 31-8-2004 by deeprivergal]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Lord have mercy I could not even watch that and I am pretty strong for this type of things, the thought that came to my mind is "what a waste of humanity" and this people can not be human at all or the are under some type of drug to commit this type of acts.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Now we know why the "ANIMALS" of the world need to be eliminated.
This will just strengthen the resolve of the folks who need to do THAT job.

There is no need for "people" like this to be alive..

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
this people can not be human at all or the are under some type of drug to commit this type of acts.

These are humans who commit these acts and they are not drugged. File this one under "Know your Enemy." They will not care if you vote Democrat or if you bad mouth your country on every internet board in the universe. If they get ahold of you, this is what they will do to you, or worse. If you are a pacifist, it just makes their jobs easier.

The perp in this one, as someone else pointed out, is not typical of the earlier tapes we've seen. He's uniformed and very dark in color. He looks more negroid than semitic. This is the only one I've seen so far that was clearly the slaughter of a living human being.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join