It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: "I Find It Rather Disgusting Obama Bragging About How Many People He's Killed!"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

The way He's mocking his nobel peace prize by having more blood on his hand than George W Bush is rather pretty telling. This is the kind of speech a "liberal" should be having after all the outrage about the previous warmongering administration. What a shame that Ron Paul is even more "hippie" than the man who promised "change".
And I'm more of a liberal myself.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Ron Paul is right 99% of the time beyong political partysanship and he's never afraid to give the finger to the war machine which is why he may never be elected. Remains to see if he has the power of his convictions. Obama is a slap in the face to his own damn base.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Exv8densez

The thing about Ron Paul is that it DOES NOT "remain to be seen" if he has the power of his convictions.

Dr. Paul has lived them and voted them consistently for 30 years. He stands against the big money donors and lobbyists and has stood for all of us by sticking to his principles

One may not agree with all of his positions but he is most definitely a man of his word.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

Probably true! If Ron Paul run as an independent, he's already won by a landslide but you know how the system has a way of screwing good politicians; if there is such a thing as a "good" politician anymore.

It as if people with integrity have NO place in politics anymore.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Hilary..."We came, we saw, he died"...Nice to hear from someone that is supposed to be a role model and representative of millions. Do you really want this woman representing you?

It is worth noting that Hillary's remark is a riff on Julius Caesar's braggadocio about conquering Pharnaces II:

"Veni, vidi, vici"

In Latin, Hillary's remark would read:

Venimus, vidimus, ille mortuus.

My point with this is that Julius Caesar crossed the Rubicon and brought down the Republic of Rome ushering in the era of Roman emperors. The promise that the Roman military would never cross the Rubicon was broken by an overly ambitious power seeker. The oath to uphold the law and protect and defend the Constitution for the United States of America is constantly broken by overly ambitious power seekers, who have no qualms in comparing themselves to Caesar.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by jude11

Hilary..."We came, we saw, he died"...Nice to hear from someone that is supposed to be a role model and representative of millions. Do you really want this woman representing you?

It is worth noting that Hillary's remark is a riff on Julius Caesar's braggadocio about conquering Pharnaces II:

"Veni, vidi, vici"

In Latin, Hillary's remark would read:

Venimus, vidimus, ille mortuus.

My point with this is that Julius Caesar crossed the Rubicon and brought down the Republic of Rome ushering in the era of Roman emperors. The promise that the Roman military would never cross the Rubicon was broken by an overly ambitious power seeker. The oath to uphold the law and protect and defend the Constitution for the United States of America is constantly broken by overly ambitious power seekers, who have no qualms in comparing themselves to Caesar.

Thank you for that!

Very interesting point of view seen here. I also appreciate the history reference.

Peace

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
charles manson and ted bundy among other killers liked to talk about how many people they killed in a joyful way...

You should not take joy in killing anyone no matter what they supposedly have done....

A president should have nothing more to say about killing people then it was a tragedy that lives were lost, but those lives were lost to save countless others...

Although that is a bogus statement because killing people to solve problems is never the answer but hey it sounds better then bragging about how many people you kill

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

I'm still waiting to read the FBI report that ties O.B.L. to events that occurred on 9-11. Now that he's dead, however, I doubt that the storyline will ever be a priority (i.e. case closed). Besides that I've never captured, x, or y a terrorist whom I could concretely tie to the national security of the United States. Moreover, I read on the corner of your profile that you're a hero, so I'll make the tacit assumption that we may share some sort of common ground in terms of mutual experiences. If that's the case then can you say that your actions "wherever" directly impacted the national security of the homeland? I mean I've got roughly 3.5 years of boot-pounding boondoggling to qualify my position--that is, in all that time I can say with certitude that my efforts didn't make a damn bit of difference, except to those around me. And then there is the case of senior--let's say O-6 level commanders and up, who often say fairly stupid things. For instance I happened to be passing thru a camp and listened in on some BCT commander give a speech to his guys about "how he'd die to save Iraqis." I laughed; the guys with me laughed. Then we asked a member of that unit who this joker was and it was told that he was an outgoing commander with less than four months into OIF 1 (no doubt he got a BSM or LOM for his time). In any case that digression is intended to point out that a great deal of what comes out of the mouths of shills like that (whether they wear a uniform or not) is laced with a tenor that wise men repeat and heroes typically fall for hook, line, and sinker. I mean this is just my opinion, but our worst enemy is not out there in some g-damn cave, but is our own system.

Put simply, I just don't get the bellicose leanings of some segments of society. If people are going to be ruled by fear of the unknown then I'd rather they dig holes and pull security around their property just waiting for Jihad-Joe to ruin their day while the rest of us live like normal human beings. Moreover, violence simply doesn't transmit to the homeland if or when we don't go out into the world and f**k with other people on a consistent basis. This is so simple an idea that even a hero can understand it.
edit on 23-10-2011 by Kovenov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I thought it was disingenuous that Obama came out stating that he had keep his campaign promise to have the troops out of Iraq., which took 3 years. When at the same time,over the past 3-6 months they were trying to get the Iraqis to let them keep thousands of troops in country. Sadr wouldn't let them stay and held Milakis feet to the fire.
I thought RP would have picked up on this and said something to that extent...maybe I missed it? Wonder how many contractors that leaves us with now to look after that billion dollar embassy?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
If you were President with full immunity who would you kill?

I'd have a shill sell lots of weapons to North Korea through a Fillipino fishing boat delivery operation.....get the Korean peninsula into a war of wars there.....then make even more money loaning them money to rebuild.

The Korean War never ended.....come on Obama.....git Kim Jong iL......even though he's done pretty good for his people with what little they have. We'll get the media to portray him as the devil himself.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Up front? I detest Ron Paul. I oppose any effort to get him into the executive branch, and I see his tenure as a congressman to have been nothing but a well-paid dead weight. His policies are literally #, his rhetoric is dim, and his few good points are vastly overwhelmed by hte massive negatives he brings as baggage. In short, as i've said before and am saying again, I would shed no tears if, tomorrow morning, Ron Paul were eaten by bears.

All that aside? He's right on this. All this "rah-rah we kill him hooray us" is, frankly, disgusting. You killed a person, is that something to be proud of? I don't care that he was a bad person. You are not given your position to be the world's judge, jury, and executioner.

if you'd captured these guys, cleaned them up, tended their wounds,and put them on a stand to face their accusers? That's something to brag about - even if it ends up a circuis like Saddam's "trial," it's still far more than these men ever offered their own enemies.

I want my president to be the "bigger man." I don't care if he can beat up your dad. I want a president who can look your dad square in the eye, tell him what's what, and settle the situation like an adult.

That said, I also want a president whose agenda isn't to sell off as much of this country to his investor buddies as possible, at a steep discount, too. So paul's still out - I can hope that Obama get out of this manchild phase. Maybe he'll realize that his opposition's taunts about not being "tough enough" are just the cat-cries of the insecure and incompetent, ninnies that he doesn't need to respond to at all.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by theruthlessone

Really...

Did we pilfer the resources, of Iraq...nope gave them the power...how about Japan...yep we bombed them back to stone age...did we absorb, nope let them still govern themselves...how about Germany...damn not there either...in fact gave and gave money to secure their place in the future now they are better off economically then we are ...so "F" your stupid comments and at least look at history before just making dumb statements.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
And I am so sick of this America bashing...to the point that I think the whole of the ATS earth is inhabited by a bunch of dim witted opinionated assholes who make comments, without doing any homework on any subject they post upon...like their views are what matters...Kiss my American Ass.

You think your country is better...LMAO

We Give and Give and Give to this world, even when we can't pay our own bills. When is the last time your country gave aid to a disaster...or to give aid to a foreign country just because.

Give me a break

America not pristine virgins that is for sure, nor saints, but get off my back, and look at the spike in your own eye before asking me to remove the splinter from mine.

RANT

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Andronian

Thanks for contributing. Speaking of contributions, here, have this silly pony:

Kind of relevant to the post, even!
edit on 23/10/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Interesting and made me laugh

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I guess I deserved that...but still I have to hate the haters in some way...I love my country good or bad...would not want to live any place else

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

and we didn't kill him they did...hmmm. Hilary was wrong to say what she said

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

And I like silly pony's...as a reward.

TY

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

oh your the only country that gives aid are ya........?

its your GREAT country that does the most bombing, pillaging , killing and resource raping

so its only right your usually fat arse gives back to the countrys you suck the life out of

Peace

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Talk is cheap. Come on. Obama didn't kill Osama. He's talked about it more, so it drowns out the other 9 times Osama's death was announced by Bush, but who believes what is on the media? I highly doubt that Ghadaffi is dead too. The media (no matter who it is) has been caught fabricating news so often lately that taking anything on the news seriously is kind of stupid.

Does Ron Paul's story give this hoax more credibility? NOT!

I don't buy it. Do you? Why?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join