It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Girl on The Block

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hi everyone. I'm new here...sort of. I've been lurking for a while, so now it's time to say "hello". This is one of the best sites that I've found in a long time, and surfing the new posts has become one of my favorite hobbies lately. I just have to say that you guys are awesome! I really enjoy reading everyone's posts and replies.

A little about me. I am a born again Christian. but more spiritual than religious. My Christian views are a little different from some of the older hardcore bible thumpers, that like to criticize and judge others. I believe that God is way more graceful, understanding and compassionate than many people believe Him to be. He is long suffering, and loves everyone, wanting everyone to turn to Him. And, yes I do believe that He does allow bad things to happen. Sometimes we bring them on ourselves and sometimes we don't. Sometimes we deserve them and sometimes we don't......and sometimes He intervenes and sometimes He doesn't.

With that said, I try my best to be very open minded and consider the views of others. I also believe that this world, universe etc. is much bigger and more awesome and amazing than we could ever imagine. That is one of the things that I love about ATS, is that it's members get a chance to consider and explore different possibilities and new and sometimes fringe ideas. ATS members are truely "thinkers" and there is nothing that I love doing more than investigating and considering different possiblities and ideas. This is how new discoveries are born!

Well, enough of my philosophy. It's great to be here and I am looking forward to interacting with everyone. See ya around! : )

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Welcome Britelite! Let's hope you have fun and learn as much as you can illuminate us about some topics here!

See ya!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
hi there ive just joined properly after lurking for a while too ..

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by britelite1971

Welcome sister. Get ready to be ostracised by an overabundance of atheists on this site because if you frequent the religious forums or even mention Jesus Christ youre going to be flamed! This is voluntary persecution, but there are some very interesting topics that arise from time to time if you have the patience to wade through being made fun of for your beliefs.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Britelite indeed!
Welcome and a very nice intro. Looking forward to seeing you around. Shine on!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rocknrollkid

Nice to know I'm not the only "newbie"!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Thank you!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
We are Rigel4..........We have no christian views.
We are the one, and the many..The beginning and the end.
You'll make an excellent drone............... Resistance is futile

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Thanks Brother! Well, after lurking on this site for a while I was kind of expecting that. It's nice to know that there is some other believers hanging around on here. I think this might actually be a little fun (sometimes at least).

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Okaay.
Well, my cat is snoring.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
hello britelite

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by britelite1971
reply to post by rigel4

Okaay.
Well, my cat is snoring.

It's a trick.....................

It's actually contacting the mothership.
Be careful, as cats have been recently outed as Aliens

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Hello and Welcome..you are now one of us
Lots of topics ..You will find something you like..Never mind the Haters..you have them ..ignore them
Don 't feed the Trolls

You will do fine here
Again Welcome to ATS

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
hello sweetness and welcome to the site !

i wish the new male members got this much attention in their introduction post haha

bad boys!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Thanks Brother! Well, after lurking on this site for a while I was kind of expecting that. It's nice to know that there is some other believers hanging around on here. I think this might actually be a little fun (sometimes at least).

This is a place where believers can come and discuss prophecy and the soon to be second coming of the Lord as we have begun the Last Days and are in the birth pains of the Great Tribulation.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Hi I am Ryan. Welcome!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

reply to post by rigel4

Okaay.
Well, my cat is snoring.

Your cat is staring at me

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Good luck, and don't take this place too seriously. It is just another place, on the internet, one of a trillion places. People are asses here, just as they are any other place on earth

Me included more than likely.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Enemyc0mbatant

Hi Ryan. Thank you!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Thanks for warning me!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>