It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Greenlights BP's Return to Drilling in the Gulf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Obama Greenlights BP's Return to Drilling in the Gulf

www.theatlanticwire.com

A lot of people are not pleased with President Obama after he approved a plan for BP to drill in the Gulf of Mexico, the first of its kind since last year's Deepwater Horizon explosion. Among the upset factions is the top Democrat on the House Natural Resources Committee, Ed Markey. "Comprehensive safety legislation hasn't passed Congress, and BP hasn't paid the fines they owe for their spill, yet BP is being given back the keys to drill in the Gulf," he said
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
WOW....

This is incredible, One must consider at this point that someone within the Oval Office is accepting BP payroll checks - or at the very least will receive some rather slippery funding from a source that proves it can slide on by , even after it destroys the entire Gulf of Mexico and the economy of America's gulf bordering states, just to be allowed to come back and do it all over again!

I'm at a loss for words.

Russia recently raided BP's offices in the Arctic over a failed contractual deal, with commandos ripping the place apart, harassing BP personnel, in order to secure documents...

Perhaps it's America's turn, and OCCUPY BRITISH PETROLEUM !!

www.theatlanticwire.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Looking forward to some lower, or at least stable gas prices in the future.

Gas prices have doubled since Obama took office.

Love election years! Seems like the only time stuff gets done in this country.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It's blatant and upfront corruption like this that makes me believe that TPTB are trying to incite us.

Obama is a flat out thief and a criminal. And just imagine, if this country makes it long enough, these people have another suit wearing tyrant lined up to kick us in the head after we're left with nothing.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Lower gas prices? I'll believe it when I see it. These people have done nothing to indicate that they're even remotely interested in dropping gas prices and profits.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Obam is just working on his campaign account again.

Look at the bundlers and see the links between large groups of them moving many millions of dollars from BP and the Banks right into the account like they were from private citizens.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Sure pull our troops out of Iraq which is a good thing and then follow up with a bad idea of letting BP F Up again and cause another ecological and financial disater...Way to go BIG O...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
And to think of all those morons who bought obama's charm and hope campaign. At this point this shmuck will stoop to any level to secure a vote and keep the lobbyists happy.

brill

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
one word:
scum.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I read this on the BBC teletext service earlier and couldn't quite believe my eyes. Worst idea ever. BP have done enough damage and they haven't even coughed up for the shocking mess they made first time around.

Not being a resident of the USA, I never quite understood the vitriol directed at Obama I've read on this site but as time goes on I'm really starting to get it.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo

I'm at a loss for words.

Makes two of us at *a loss for words*. Flaming and cursing goes against the Terms and Conditions of the site so my options of properly expressing myself are nil. We need to stop political correctness because it is killing humanity!
edit on 10/22/2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join