It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals have more in common with the Church

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Conservatives would crucify the Christ all over again if they got their hands on him: That dirty long haired liberal hippy always wanting to help the poor and feeding the multitudes.

Any self respecting Jesus would make those poor get a job at McDonalds and take some personal responsibility.
edit on 23-10-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I sat there for 8 years and watched bunch of "hippies" want to crucify the last potus and they would if they could.
edit on 23-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
I am taking a class with huge progressive overtones. However, it does appear that the church's teachings and what conservative republicans stand for are at different sides of the spectrum,

Church documents state that the government has a MORAL obligation to provide for citizens. This includes healthcare, welfare, safety net, education etc...

Conservatives and tea party people fight for smaller gov't, individual freedoms and individual success.

So while liberals tend to be open minded towards religion and are usually not christian they have more in common with what Christianity teaches.

Or do most die-hard conservatives don't really care what the pope says?
edit on 22-10-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

Look kid there is no elephant in this room. I don't know what they are giving you to smoke there in the class room but Jesus was a Republican. He was conservative and a little on the cheap side.

Just kidding. You're right.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by whaaa

I sat there for 8 years and watched bunch of "hippies" want to crucify the last potus and they would if they could.

And all you did was sit there?

Where was any defense?
If it (a defense) was justified and he deserved it - I think you might have provided it.

edit on 23-10-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by whaaa

Just like the "fascist" want to string up the one we have now.....and they would if they could.....

see the subtle difference between irony and hypocrisy.....

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Yeah so much for "let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

Which proves the falsehood of the op.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Poopcube
Actually, conservatives and Republicans give more time, money and blood than liberals and Democrats.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Sixteen months ago, Arthur C. Brooks, a professor at Syracuse University, published "Who Really Cares: The Surprising Truth About Compassionate Conservatism." The surprise is that liberals are markedly less charitable than conservatives.

If many conservatives are liberals who have been mugged by reality, Brooks, a registered independent, is, as a reviewer of his book said, a social scientist who has been mugged by data. They include these findings:

-- Although liberal families' incomes average 6 percent higher than those of conservative families, conservative-headed households give, on average, 30 percent more to charity than the average liberal-headed household ($1,600 per year vs. $1,227).

-- Conservatives also donate more time and give more blood.

-- Residents of the states that voted for John Kerry in 2004 gave smaller percentages of their incomes to charity than did residents of states that voted for George Bush.

-- Bush carried 24 of the 25 states where charitable giving was above average.

-- In the 10 reddest states, in which Bush got more than 60 percent majorities, the average percentage of personal income donated to charity was 3.5. Residents of the bluest states, which gave Bush less than 40 percent, donated just 1.9 percent.

-- People who reject the idea that "government has a responsibility to reduce income inequality" give an average of four times more than people who accept that proposition.

Sorry to burst your baseless accusations.

By blood...what do you mean? They give more blood?
Now it is true about the giving but this is also true.

"As Jesus looked up, he saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. He also saw a poor widow put in her two mites. "Truly I tell you," he said, "this poor widow has put in more than all the others. All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on." (Luke 21:1-4)www.thewidowsmite.net...

The Lesson of the widow's mite is presented in the Synoptic Gospels (Mark 12:41-44, Luke 21:1-4), in which Jesus is teaching at the Temple in Jerusalem. The Gospel of Mark specifies that two mites (Greek lepta) are together worth a quadrans, the smallest Roman coin. A lepton was the smallest and least valuable coin in circulation in Palestine, worth about six minutes of an average daily wage. In the story, a widow donates two small coins, while wealthy people donate much more. Jesus explains to his disciples that the small sacrifices of the poor mean more to God than the extravagant donations of the rich. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Come on now how is it fascist to hold the current potus to the same standards that were set for the last one?

what was that you say all the time?

Oh yeah don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well anyway, let me be the first to compliment you on your use of capital letters and punctuation!

Looks good!

Opps, I got you confused with Beez....

btw....as an old hippie....I never wanted to see Bush crucified. Just tried and convicted as a war criminal along with Rummy.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

All sins are equally grave.

So says the Bible. The only difference here is that a homophobic can feel justified in his irrational fear over something that has nothing to do with him.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by colbe

All sins are equally grave.

So says the Bible. The only difference here is that a homophobic can feel justified in his irrational fear over something that has nothing to do with him.

No, they are not equal. An argument with say your spouse is not equal to
killing your conceived child who has a body and an eternal soul.

CCC:

1854 Sins are rightly evaluated according to their gravity. The distinction between mortal and venial sin, already evident in Scripture,129 became part of the tradition of the Church. It is corroborated by human experience.

129 1John 5:16-17

1John 5:16
He that knoweth his brother to sin a sin which is not to death, let him ask, and life shall be given to him, who sinneth not to death. There is a sin unto death: for that I say not that any man ask. [17] All iniquity is sin. And there is a sin unto death.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join