It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunnery Sgt. R. Lee Ermey Rips Into Obama Administration @ Toys for Tots Fundraiser

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Yes, I know it's from 2010, but a search revealed nothing and I had not seen it before today either.

What else is there to say but

OOH RAH!

I love this guy, he just doesn't pull ANY punches. I wonder what he has to say about the OWS protests? I might just make a few phone calls and fine out.

Oh, BTW. For those who are unaware, each year the Marine Corp sponsors "Toys for Tots," a program that gets toys into the hands of children who would normally go without. I'm proud to say that I have been active in this program for many years. When I was 40 pounds heavier, I would play Santa for the kids, but I'm back down to the weight I was when I got out of boot camp (yay me
) so now I let others play the role.

Toys for Tots is an extremely worthy charity. 100% of the donations go to the kids. If you want to make yourself feel good this Christmas, buy a couple of toys and take them to your nearest Marine Corp Recruiting Station. You won't regret it, I promise.

Semper Fi,
OC

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I heard about this a long time ago, but I think R, Lee Ermey has always done a good job of conveying the feelings of the average marine, and the American people.
edit on 22-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

R. Lee Ermey is a frigging role model!
(That Geiko ad is a favorite!)

HURT FEELINGS REPORT
For use of this form, see FM 22-102; the proponent agency is TRADOC
DATA REQUIRED BY THE PRIVACY ACT OF 1974
AUTHORITY: 5 USC 301, Departmental Regulations; 10 USC 3013, Secretary of the Army and E.O. 9397 (SSN)
PRINCIPAL PURPOSE: To assist whiners in documenting hurt feelings, and to provide leaders with a list of soldiers who require additional counseling,
NCO leadership, and extra duty..
ROUTINE USES: For subordinate leader development IAW FM 22-102. Leaders & whiners should use this form as necessary.
DISCLOSURE: Disclosure is voluntary, but repeated disclosure may result in a DA Form 779-1A, Report of Wall To Wall Counseling
PART I – ADMINISTRATIVE DATA
A. WHINER’S NAME (Last, First, MI) B. RANK/GRADE C. SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER D. DATE OF REPORT
E. ORGANIZATION F. NAME & TITLE OF THE PERSON FILLING OUT THIS FORM
PART II – INCIDENT REPORT
A. DATE FEELINGS WERE HURT B. TIME OF HURTFULNESS C. LOCATION OF HURTFUL INCIDENT D. NCO OR OFFICER SYMPATHETIC TO WHINER
E. NAME OF REAL MAN/WOMAN WHO HURT YOUR SENSITIVE
FEELINGS
F. RANK/GRADE G. ORGANIZATION (if different from 1e above)
E. INJURY (Mark all that apply)
1. WHICH EAR WERE THE WORDS OF HURTFULNESS SPOKEN INTO?
 LEFT  RIGHT  BOTH
2. IS THERE PERMANENT FEELING DAMAGE?
 YES  NO  MAYBE
3. DID YOU REQUIRE A “TISSUE” FOR TEARS?
 YES  NO  MULTIPLE ________
4. HAS THIS RESULTED IN A TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY?
 YES  NO  MAYBE
F. REASON FOR FILING THIS REPORT (Mark all that apply)
I am thin skinned The Army needs to fix my problems Two beers is not enough
I am a wimp My feelings are easily hurt My hands should be in my pockets
I have woman/man‐like hormones I didn't sign up for this I was not offered a post brief
I am a crybaby I was told that I am not a hero Someone requested a post brief
I want my mommy The weather is to cold All of the above and more
G. NARRATIVE (Tell us in your own sissy words how your feelings were hurt.)
PART III ‐ AUTHENTICATION
a. PRINTED NAME OF REAL MAN/WOMAN b. SIGNATURE c. PRINTED NAME OF WHINER d. SIGNATURE
We, as the Army, take hurt feelings seriously. If you don't have someone who can give you a hug and make things all better, please let us know and we
will promptly dispatch a "hugger" to you ASAP. In the event we are unable to find a "hugger" we will notify the fire department and request that they
send fire personnel to your location. If you are in need of supplemental support, upon written request, we will make every reasonable effort to provide
you with a "blankey", a "binky" and/or a bottle if you so desire.
DA FORM IMT WF1, APRIL 2009 EDITION OF APRIL 1989 IS OBSELETE

Above is a copy of the Army Hurt Feelings Form. Just had to add. I always think of Sgt Ermey when I give one out.

Toys for Tots rocks!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Dang Devil Dogs

With that aside R Lee is a big role model and inspiration for a lot of servicemen and women I for one respect the old jar head

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
the ultimate bad ass.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the ultimate bad ass.

That he is. He's a Marine's Marine, and if he had been my Gunny I would have followed him into Hell.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by randomname
the ultimate bad ass.

That he is. He's a Marine's Marine, and if he had been my Gunny I would have followed him into Hell.

And he would have brought you back from hell as well.
edit on 22-10-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Ooh-rah! The right has R. Lee Ermey and Chuck Norris, and who does the left have?

Sean Penn.
Susan Sarandon.
Danny Glover.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Ooh-rah! The right has R. Lee Ermey and Chuck Norris, and who does the left have?

Sean Penn.
Susan Sarandon.
Danny Glover.

When Chuck Norris has a problem, he calls Gunny Ermey.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
So what, we can't even get along at a Toys for Tots event now?
Is no issue or event immune from partisan sniping?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
So what, we can't even get along at a Toys for Tots event now?
Is no issue or event immune from partisan sniping?

How much you wanna bet that most of the people there agreed with him?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Maybe. But then I would say their focus and hearts were not fully in the charitable spirit of the moment. Sad.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Then Maybe A Little Counseling Is In Order From The Voters:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
reply to post by kosmicjack

Then Maybe A Little Counseling Is In Order From The Voters:

ROTFLMMFAO!!!!

2nd line = ROTFLMMFAO X 10,000

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The dude is funny if a bit gun crazy.

He has his own show on history channel, I seen a couple episodes of it. Mostly though the whole show is of him shooting and blowing stuff up, especially watermelons. Now I don't agree with wasting food especially delicious watermelons...But still it was a pretty interesting show, it was educational as well mostly education in different ways and toys used throughout the world, and in different times, to blow stuff up.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

I used to LOVE to blow things up. I was never in combat, but we did train for it very hard. I was in a Weapons company, and we fired the predecessor to the TOW which was a wire-guided, optically-tracked, anti-tank missile called a "Dragon." That was so CASH man. It had small explosive charges wrapped around all sides of the projectile, and when it was fired the charges would detonate in rapid succession to nudge it in the direction in which you were aiming the crosshairs. Anything downrange was toast.

Lemme see if I can find a video of it.

SUCCESS!

The second video looks like it was taken at the Pahakaloa Training area on the Big Island of Hawaii, which was were we held our combat readiness exercises. Our nickname was the "Lavadogs" because of the volcanic rocks that you see everywhere in the video. They are sharp as hell, and cut your boots to shreds; forget about sleeping on the ground, you'd get sliced to ribbons (we were usually awake the entire 3-4 days of the exercise training anyway.)

I likes me some things that go BOOM!

edit on 10/23/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I like this guy and agree with a good deal of what he has to say...

But... Honestly... at a toys for tots event, does he really have to go into his opinion about the Obama administration?

The words " Time and place" come to mind.

it's supposed to be about helping children to have a good Christmas. Not a soap box to rant about politics.

Yeah, the economy is bad and it was then.... But there are so many ways he could have encouraged people to reach deep and find money to spare..... Going into politics.... Meh...

Again, I agree with a lot of what he says, but really...

Time and place.

Toys for Tots is not the time nor place.

I am sure I will get ripped into for this, but so be it.

I just think toys for tots should be about helping bring toys to the kids who might not have a Christmas. Now for those who say, they didn't have a good Christmas because of what Obama did to the Economy, Toys For Tots was around way before Obama was President and will be around long after. It has nothing to do with him or his politics.

I say, lets keep the adult BS out of it and keep it about the children, like toys for tots is supposed to be.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

You have a point; but Gunny has an opinion, and part of his persona is that he's not afraid to share it any time any place.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Go R. Lee Marines have kids to in case people forgot.

Semper Fi.

top topics

join