It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad NEVER wanted to "wipe Israel off the Map". He only wanted a regime change!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It's easy to see why people are afraid of Iran. President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has threatened to wipe Israel off the map and claimed the United States was behind 9/11. You wouldn't trust anyone who says things like that to be in charge of a country!

But making your enemies seem like unbalanced lunatics is just an old propaganda trick. For instance, remember that comment about wanting to wipe Israel off the map? According to the people who translated the statement in the first place, it was translated worse than a Final Fantasy game, due to "time pressure to produce a translation quickly." It would be more accurate to say Ahmadinejad wanted to see a regime change, which is a pretty common statement in global politics.

Experts confirm that Iran's president did not call for Israel to be 'wiped off the map'. Reports that he did serve to strengthen western hawks.
My recent comment piece explaining how Iran's president was badly misquoted when he allegedly called for Israel to be "wiped off the map" has caused a welcome little storm. The phrase has been seized on by western and Israeli hawks to re-double suspicions of the Iranian government's intentions, so it is important to get the truth of what he really said.

I took my translation - "the regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time" - from the indefatigable Professor Juan Cole's website where it has been for several weeks.

But it seems to be mainly thanks to the Guardian giving it prominence that the New York Times, which was one of the first papers to misquote Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, came out on Sunday with a defensive piece attempting to justify its reporter's original "wiped off the map" translation.

Ahmadinejad comment about Israel was mistranslated - Guardian News

Just because Ahmadinejad wanted a regime change in Israel (like the hundreds of thousands of people who protested last month in Israel), didn't go well the Elite establishment. So they made up some outrageous BS about Ahmadinejad's orginal comment on Israel's Government , and fed it to the masses through the mainstream media, and unfortunately they all bought it because obviously the average person in the West doesn't know Persian.

Another lie floating around the world is that Ahmadinejad is "anti-semitic". Ahmadinejad isn't "anti-semitic". Iran has the 3rd largest population of Jews in the World and they are all well looked after. Don't believe me? Look for yourself:

I bet you didn't know Jews live freely and without oppression in Iran

All this just to build up a bunch of lies to justify a future "humanitarian intervention" or even a War with Iran when we finally reach the stages of the long awaited Global Economic Collapse.

So next time you hear someone say Ahmedinejad is an "anti-semitic" who wants to "wipe off Israel off the map", just show them the Guardian article or this thread to clear things up. Its better to educate the masses with the truth now than when you see a mushroom cloud in your back yard.

And just to clear up another thing, Ahmadinejad doesn't even have much power in his OWN country even though he has the title of "President". The Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei does, and he controls Iran's NUCLEAR POLICY, ARMED FORCES AND FOREIGN POLICY!

So it beats me why the West only demonises poor old Ahmadinejad!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Source: 6 B.S. Myths You Probably Believe About America's 'Enemies'
edit on 22-10-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

And just to clear another lie, Ahmedinejad isn't "anti-semitic". Iran has the 3rd largest population of Jews in the World and they are all well looked after. Don't believe me? Look for yourself:

This is just as correct as the rest of your post.
Iran ,according to your link by the way, has the third largest population of Persian (aka Iranian) Jews. The fact that there are two places where there are more Iranian Jews then in Iran shows how good it is for Jews there.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Oh noes! Iran truly is not anti-semitic, they are just anti-christian which is why they have laws in their country where if a muslim converts to christianity he is to be put to death or forced to renounce Jesus Christ as savior. Is this not what you call barbarism Religious Intolerance? The christians that do live in Iran are forced to be closet christians and hold church meetings in their homes because it is illegal to have a christian church in Iran. Amp up the persecution moar plox!

www.persecution.org...

Video link below:

www.bing.com...

Right, Iran just wants christianity wiped off the map, not judaism. Hypocracy knows no bounds...
You want the truth? There is just spread it!
edit on 22-10-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
yeah I see exactly what you mean. I brought the Iranian/Israel problem up with my mum about a year ago stating that nobody should have the right to invade Iran(along those lines etc), and to my surprise, she said "well Iran has threatened to wipe Israel off the face of the planet."

I was actually shocked how one statement could influence the opinion of that country taking into account my mum does not know persian, and would most likely not find evidence to prove if this was correct or not. The day she said that to me, I knew this place was f##ked up. I couldnt believe it actually, it almost offended me.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I think Ahmadinejad would be a complete idiot if he had said that he wants to "wipe off Israel from the map".

He knows that this is IMPOSSIBLE. He knows that he can't do this. Why would he say such an insane thing?

I think the "mistranslation" explanation is the most rational.

I don't believe that Iran has any plans to attack Israel, with nuclear or conventional weapons. That would be a very stupid move, and Iran would not benefit from that.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
One good thing about ATS and Israel's critics, is that it only takes a simple copy & paste procedure, to answer a resurrected old and beaten subject.

When ever you hear “Al mawt li Israel” or “Al mawt li Amrika" in their speeches, they are saying “Death to Israel” “Death to America”. It's the same in Arabic and Farsi.

So he didn't say “the map”. He just very naively said “death to Israel”.
There...satisfied now?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

They are not chanting "Death to America" in the literal sense.

Most Muslims around the world literally love American movies and customs.

I think what they really meant was "Death to the Corrupt American Government and its Imperialism in the Middle East" - which is quiet understandable considering most conflicts initiated by America and NATO today are in Muslim Countries with little or no justification except for Corporate Gain and Profit.

But ofcourse, those who are blinded by ignorance still want to insist that he wants America and Israel literally wiped off the map with their terrible (non-existing) weapons of mass destruction....
edit on 3-11-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Got any more excuses?
Because it's sounding more and more lame and absurd with any additional post.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Regardless if there are a few thousand Jews in Iran, the man is crazy and so are most of the leaders of Iran. I think the number of Jews in Iran is actually only about 35,000, so basically nothing. You can literally fit all of them in some of the big churches of America. My problem with Iran is that the leaders have serious mental problems, and should not be in any leadership positions. They honestly believe that by beginning a world war they will summon Jesus back. That is too far too dangerous for a major country like Iran, and I feel bad for the innocent victims of Iran who likely just want a normal life. Their leaders think that even if they are all killed, they will all go to heaven.

Iran is kind of like: Jonestown times a million.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
How many times has Iran been in war the last two hundred years? How many times has the USA been in war the last two hundred years.? I know Iran won't bow to the NWO and neither did Libya and see what happened to them and the great economy they had and now the Libyans are worse than they were in 1951. Don't make sense, there's and old saying "something is rotten in _ _ _ _ _ _." I'll let you name it. Sibbs

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
"This regime occuping Jerusalem must vanish from the page of Time."

What do you think this means? Here, ill break it down.

"This Regime" = Zionism = A Jewish state. "must be vanish from the page of time"...What else can this mean? It is an exact cognate, just another way of saying, "Israel must be wiped off the map". It is in essence the same statement.

Zionism simply means a Jewish state. This is what Theodor Herzl wanted when he wrote "the Jewish state", and this is its essential meaning, in essence, the need to create a state for Jews. And nowadays, to sustain that state.

Israel, as is well known through the Bible, is the collective name for the people of Israel ie; the Jews. So, the "regime occupying Jerusalem" is just another way of saying "Israel", in its stated purpose as a state for Jews. Its Jewish identity is whats being attacked by Ahmadinejad.

Israel is very much threatened by Iran, and Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons in order to politically and if need be, militarily, destroy the Jewish state.

And as for the latter half of that video.

Do you think Ahmadinejad is stupid?? If Palestinians, residents of the west bank and Gaza are allowed to vote in the Israeli elections, this would be the POLITICAL ALTERNATIVE of Ahmadinjads call for the "Zionist regime to vanish from the pages of time". Why? Because the demographics would be dramatically transformed.. Instead of Israel being 75% Jewish, 25% Arab, which allows for Jews to dominate the government and maintain a JEWISH state, it would become 55% Jewish, 45% Arab. This would allow more Arab Palestinians to run for election, which would lead to more Arab MKs, who would systematically, through the democratic process, destroy the Jewish identity of Israel. This would then defeat the initial purpose of Herzls call for a Jewish state that would serve as an asylum for Jews.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational

Got any more excuses?
Because it's sounding more and more lame and absurd with any additional post.
Lol!

In other news. President Shimon Peres ( Never )said Friday that he believes that Israel and the world may soon take military action against Iran.

In comments to Israel Channel 2, Peres said "Intelligence services of all countries understand that time is running out and they are warning their leaders."

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

Iranian Jews are bat# out of their freaking minds if they dont get out of Iran - and get out SOON. What happened to the Jews of Germany will soon happen to them.

Think about it. What do you think the response of Islamic clerics will be when Israel decides to attack Iran? Tolerance to the Jews who live amongst them?! These same people who just a few decades earlier ravished the Armenian christians, are now going to be pacific towards a people - whether or not they identify with Zionism (as a matter of fact, Iranian Jews denounce Zionism, but that of course will do them no good at all when Israel attacks Irans nuclear facilities) whose collective nation attacked the holy state of Iran???Unlikely. Seriously. People need to learn from history and understand that Muslims, whether Shi'ite, or Sunni, dont shy away from genocide when committed in the name of Allah, which means the honor of Muslims, their state.

So whether Irans Jews understand it or not, they Israels emissaries living in Persia. If Israel attack Iran, not only will Iran use its proxies Hizbollah and Hamas to attack Israel, but Irans own Jewish community will be murdered. Ended. The 3000 years of its history there, finito. Mark it down. Its as good as done.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

edit on 9-11-2011 by sinthia because: because i can

edit on 9-11-2011 by sinthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Cool!!!! The West never wanted to wipe Iran off the map. They just regime change.

Feel better???????

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
It's easy to see why people are afraid of Iran. President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has threatened to wipe Israel off the map and claimed the United States was behind 9/11. You wouldn't trust anyone who says things like that to be in charge of a country!

But making your enemies seem like unbalanced lunatics is just an old propaganda trick. For instance, remember that comment about wanting to wipe Israel off the map? According to the people who translated the statement in the first place, it was translated worse than a Final Fantasy game, due to "time pressure to produce a translation quickly." It would be more accurate to say Ahmadinejad wanted to see a regime change, which is a pretty common statement in global politics.

Experts confirm that Iran's president did not call for Israel to be 'wiped off the map'. Reports that he did serve to strengthen western hawks.
My recent comment piece explaining how Iran's president was badly misquoted when he allegedly called for Israel to be "wiped off the map" has caused a welcome little storm. The phrase has been seized on by western and Israeli hawks to re-double suspicions of the Iranian government's intentions, so it is important to get the truth of what he really said.

I took my translation - "the regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time" - from the indefatigable Professor Juan Cole's website where it has been for several weeks.

But it seems to be mainly thanks to the Guardian giving it prominence that the New York Times, which was one of the first papers to misquote Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, came out on Sunday with a defensive piece attempting to justify its reporter's original "wiped off the map" translation.

Ahmadinejad comment about Israel was mistranslated - Guardian News

Just because Ahmadinejad wanted a regime change in Israel (like the hundreds of thousands of people who protested last month in Israel), didn't go well the Elite establishment. So they made up some outrageous BS about Ahmadinejad's orginal comment on Israel's Government , and fed it to the masses through the mainstream media, and unfortunately they all bought it because obviously the average person in the West doesn't know Persian.

Another lie floating around the world is that Ahmadinejad is "anti-semitic". Ahmadinejad isn't "anti-semitic". Iran has the 3rd largest population of Jews in the World and they are all well looked after. Don't believe me? Look for yourself:

I bet you didn't know Jews live freely and without oppression in Iran

All this just to build up a bunch of lies to justify a future "humanitarian intervention" or even a War with Iran when we finally reach the stages of the long awaited Global Economic Collapse.

So next time you hear someone say Ahmedinejad is an "anti-semitic" who wants to "wipe off Israel off the map", just show them the Guardian article or this thread to clear things up. Its better to educate the masses with the truth now than when you see a mushroom cloud in your back yard.

And just to clear up another thing, Ahmadinejad doesn't even have much power in his OWN country even though he has the title of "President". The Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei does, and he controls Iran's NUCLEAR POLICY, ARMED FORCES AND FOREIGN POLICY!

So it beats me why the West only demonises poor old Ahmadinejad!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Source: 6 B.S. Myths You Probably Believe About America's 'Enemies'
edit on 22-10-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

It is all double speak.

Just like "Death to America" does not really mean "Death to America."

Try chanting "Death to Obama" and using that same excuse when the Secret Service picks you up.

Straight from the pages of 1984.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Too much logic for brains that are wrapped in double-speak.

Star for you for pointing out the blatantly obvious.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Did Ahmadinejad Really Say He Wanted to "Wipe Off" Israel?

no, that is a lie...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

lol, what a farce.

Does the OP work for some propaganda arm of the Iranian government?

Ole dinner jacket Mahmoud has called for the genocide of Israel's Jews countless times, it's hilarious how the terrorist apologists (like the OP) state over and over that its merely regime change or some other nonsense that was lost in translation.

Mahmoud has stated quite clearly, as have other genocidal muslims such as the leader of the Iranian dominated genocidal terror group hezbollah, that Israel "is a cancer that should be destroyed with radiation."

How much clearer can their calls for genocide be?

And it's laughable to say Jews live freely in Iran. Guess what happens if you're a Jew and one of your children converts to Islam? TADA! You can't bequeath any of your belongings to your Jewish children. The muslim gets it all!

I don't really expect anyone that supports genocidal islam (such as the OP) to be swayed by my post, but I figured I'd post some truth and sanity for the benefit of the non-dhimmis and non-muslims.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
hmm.. A regime change in Zionist Israel......An ethnic-nation state made for Jews, just as France is for French, Philipines for phililipines...

I wonder what that would look like.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join