It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharpie Commercial's " Stop Protesting" Subliminal Caught Redhanded!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

What's the Watchmen one, I didn't see it? (Did it's job then right?
)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Did you catch the word "Now" in the foreground? There's a "yes" as well, but off center. The "Now" is positioned right in front of the sign that states "[Stop] Protesting."
The movements of these "Yes" and "Now" signs are what I find interesting. The "yes" is moving out of frame quickly in the commercial, whilst the "Now" not only stays in frame, but is thrusted higher in the air by the gentleman holding the sign.

edit on 22-10-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: correction of data pointed out by another user.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

We can all pick and choose images

imageshack.us...

edit on 22-10-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2011 by aivlas because:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by Klassified

Both of these statements come from a misunderstanding of how subliminals work, and the various methods used for delivery. This commercial is definitely subliminal. And yes. It works. These corporations are not ignorant of the subconscious effect their ads have on the public. Nor are they wasteful with their money. And the effects of consistent exposure are cumulative.

No. You are wrong on all counts. You just have no idea what you are talking about, do you?

I do applaud you for not just taking my, or anyone elses word for it. But I won't argue it with you. If you choose to remain ignorant, instead of doing some study and research, that is your choice and perogative.
edit on 10/22/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I do applaud you for not just taking my, or anyone elses word for it. And I won't argue it with you. If you choose to remain ignorant, instead of doing some study and research, that is your choice and perogative.

Ok, so anyone who knows more about the subject matter than you is ignorant? Nice talking to you, remain very afraid-will ya.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by JibbyJedi

What's the Watchmen one, I didn't see it? (Did it's job then right?
)

It's the scene when Dr. Manhattan confronts Ozymandias at the end of the movie.
Adrien holds up a TV remote and Dr. Manhattan says, "What's that? Another ultimate weapon?"
Then Adrien replies, "Yes... you could say that."

Just a little "in our faces" message from yet another film.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Sure, there is subliminal manipulation being done to us through TV, but look at Alex Jones himself. He uses classic con-man tricks such as snapping his fingers, clapping his hands and carefully placed repetition of key words and phrases to reinforce his own message. Trust no one.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It's not subliminal.

Sub (under) limin (threshold).

We see it straight away and clearly, therefore its not subliminal. It's not even subtle. Let alone, by any definition, subliminal.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I do applaud you for not just taking my, or anyone elses word for it. And I won't argue it with you. If you choose to remain ignorant, instead of doing some study and research, that is your choice and perogative.

Ok, so anyone who knows more about the subject matter than you is ignorant? Nice talking to you, remain very afraid-will ya.

If you actually knew as much or more than I do about this subject, you would know what I have said thus far is true. And can be researched by anyone with the willingness to do it.

I've said all I'm going to say though. You take it from here professor.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul

Did you catch the word "No" in the foreground? There's a "yes" as well, but off center. The "No" is positioned right in front of the sign that states "Stop Protesting."
The movements of these "Yes" and "No" signs are what I find interesting. The "yes" is moving out of frame quickly in the commercial, whilst the "No" not only stays in frame, but is thrusted higher in the air by the gentleman holding the sign.
edit on 22-10-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

That's not "no" that's "NOW".

Look again.

Also, notice that all the protesters are children or youth. Attempting to subcounciously reinforce the media's statement that these are just disgruntled youth protesting.

Well I've been to the protests locally, and watched them live on the stream. These are not just youth's protesting, it is a full range from youths to grandmas.

Here is my thread on it with pics for proof: my ats thread on local OWS protest.

ETA pic for proof:

As to the other person saying it's not folded... I manipulated nothing, I just took two screen shots not even noticing that when I took the shot- most of the time it's on screen it's folded, sorry

edit on 22-10-2011 by pianopraze because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

You're right. I had to darken my screen a bit to see the "W" in the sign. So we've basically got a freeze frame that bares the message "Yes" "[stop] Protesting" "Now" (the "stop" being blocked as it is blocked in the frame).

files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-10-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

not sharpie

it's the advertising agencies that do this

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this, Op!

It doesn't take a genius to know that the majority of markers being used to create the signs are Sharpie products. Does Sharpie not want their products being used by protesters? You'd think they wouldn't be opposed to an event that is increasing their sales, so this doesn't make sense.

Maybe we could use their own website to send them a message?
blog.sharpie.com...

Today we are launching our new “Start with Sharpie” campaign. It’s all about our passionate fans and the amazing things they have started with Sharpie. This year we’re showcasing our fans in a way we’ve never done before, hoping that what others have started will inspire YOU to start something with Sharpie too.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
If you actually knew as much or more than I do about this subject, you would know what I have said thus far is true. And can be researched by anyone with the willingness to do it.

I've said all I'm going to say though. You take it from here professor.
Indeed. Read about Vicary's hoax. Then read the academic studies. Pratkanis and Greenwald might be a good place to start... abstract

The history of subliminal research consists of cycles during which investigators report a subliminal finding, others fail to replicate it, but, nevertheless, the finding is publicized and achieves some degree of acceptance among lay audiences. Such cycles have been permitted by (a) inadequately standardized empirical criteria for subliminal effects and (b) lack of consensus on theories of unconscious processes. Recent advances in methods have yielded some replicable subliminal effects and new models of unconscious processes have abandoned some of the controversial motivational assumptions of past perspectives. Nevertheless, cautious interpretation of this recent work maintains the wisdom of a skeptical appraisal of the potential for productive marketing applications.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Looks like a bit of humor, in the form of Irony to me.

A Protest, saying, Don't protest.
Wink wink nudge nudge..

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Same way it struck me as I saw it - and I saw it the first time through before he slowed the clip down. Didn't feel any differently when I saw it the second time either.

There's a difference between making a mountain out of a molehill, and making a mountain out of nothing at all - AJ doesn't understand the difference - or maybe he 's pandering to those who are "impressionable".

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

No. You are wrong on all counts. You just have no idea what you are talking about, do you?

You should really be commended for backing up your sweeping generalizations and broad assertions with a complete and total lack of facts. Seriously, what exactly are you contributing here? Facts? No. Evidence? No. Unique insights? No.

Help me out here. What does a comment like that contribute other than to broadcast loudly and clearly to anyone who can read and read between the lines that you simply type emotional reactions to things that make you uncomfortable?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

Great find thread op

Lets see There are two Subliminal Messages i saw (Stop protesting) and Put Me Coach and also Were Not There Yet by the way Sarpie when i google Coach Coach is a handbag product, so thats also marketing Subliminal brainwashing, lol Put me Coach? you meant BUY ME Coach? Put me Coach Buy me Coach.

what you think of that comment on youtube in that link?

I also the word Coach now when you google Coach
This is what you get
Source Google
edit on 22-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Alex only just found out about this?
took his time!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
its says "stop protesting, now" but the next shot was supposed say, "and start revolting". but i guess the heads at the top had it "pulled".

atleast thats how I'm going to take it. Let sharpie lead the revolution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! arm everyone!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join