It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I propose that the Federal Government give everyone $20K per month

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
then you'd be rich and free like the rest of the entitled elites and wouldn't depend on them for your food, shelter and protection.

who would cook their dinners, cut their grass, build their mansions, drive their cars, change their flat tires, hook up their air conditioners, move their furniture.

the list is endless. the elite and rich would die of starvation and their properties would become derelict and decrepit.

the elite are useless and a drain on society. to maintain one elite consumes 99 people in the work force.

the only way they can survive is by controlling the money supply. believe me they're the same all over the world.

they justify their existence by proclaiming they are the only ones that can keep you safe. but it's a lie. they'll never destroy each other.

they know in a post-nuclear society they'd be the first to die. the majority don't even know how to boil water.

when their credit cards don't work and the atm is empty because no one restocked it and banks don't exist any more they'll be powerless.

edit on 22-10-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
reply to post by Unity_99

Yeah. This sounds nice. Every one would work as much as he.she wants, no money. You know ,this economy will last like a ... day. Who will produce those wonderful crystals? Gnomes? Who will build and ctr? Robots? But someone must design/maintain and finally produce them.
Current system is very bad one. Yours is pink dream. Which will stay like this. Or wait - you can start creating it now , you now - parallel to illegal satanic pyramide. See how long it holds without the need of some sort of encouragement for those who actually do work. I will be thankful if you will make it work, of course. But frankly chances of it are 0.

Actually you tend to find that the broad range of peoples hobbies, or things they enjoy doing, are about as broad as our needs for jobs. The people who would build those crystals are the ones who like building crystals in their free time anyway. That's how unity's system could work, if the street has leaves on it then it will bug someone and they will grab a broom and sweep it. We already have so many volunteers in the world, if people had more free time because of no job then I'm sure they could find the time to volunteer even more. Plus if you grow up in a world where everyone is nice and generous then you naturally want to give back. The few lazy people would be less of a drain on the system than all the useless sectors we have now like advertising, banking, accounting, legal, commerce etc. etc. so overall we are all better off, plus, those few lazy people are already a drain on the system anyway. I think some people can be really pessimistic about humanities industriousness. When you force someone to do something, like go to work, they tend to resist it and become apathetic, except if they are going to work because they want to and not just because they have to to pay for bill, then they can become so much more lively and productive.

edit on 23-10-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
How about they just give people who work a livable wage. That would be a good start.

<< 1  2   >>

join