It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Derren Brown- Experiments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Quick plug for my favorite entertainer and mentalist who has done some amazing things with neuro-linguistic programing and hypnotism. His new series starts tonight with a show many of you might like "The assassin" where he tries to manipulate normal folks into becoming assassins. The idea is to find out if MK Ultra style experiments would/could work. It's going to be similar to his show "The Heist" where he selected 4 people to work on and in the end 3 of them robbed an armored car for him.

Clips for the new show can be found here
derrenbrown.co.uk...

and the heist can be found on youtube here
www.youtube.com...
edit on 22-10-2011 by Virole because: Correction 4 not 5 people in the heist

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Yeah, the show looks interesting! I have it on record for tonight. Not seen or heard about him before, but if this show is really good, then my research on him shall begin

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Virole
Quick plug for my favorite entertainer and mentalist who has done some amazing things with neuro-linguistic programing and hypnotism. His new series starts tonight with a show many of you might like "The assassin" where he tries to manipulate normal folks into becoming assassins. The idea is to find out if MK Ultra style experiments would/could work. It's going to be similar to his show "The Heist" where he selected 4 people to work on and in the end 3 of them robbed an armored car for him.

Clips for the new show can be found here
derrenbrown.co.uk...

and the heist can be found on youtube here
www.youtube.com...
edit on 22-10-2011 by Virole because: Correction 4 not 5 people in the heist

Its all camera work .... remember when he predicted the lottery numbers ? AFTER the lottery ?

2nd.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ReptileRipper

How was it all camera work last night? He managed to convince four people to throw what they thought was acid into other peoples faces. Tell me at what points were camera tricks employed last night?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Yes the lottery thing was camera work. I think to date (and I have every one of his shows, tv specials and live performances on video) that is the only one that he used camera tricks to pull off. Everything else has been a masterful blend of NLP, confidence misdirection and hypnotism.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Virole

His Assassins show was absolutely brilliant. I loved every minute!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Hootsmanwheresmaheid

His stuff is very hard to get here in the US. Still waiting on the Svengali DvD

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Virole
Yes the lottery thing was camera work. I think to date (and I have every one of his shows, tv specials and live performances on video) that is the only one that he used camera tricks to pull off. Everything else has been a masterful blend of NLP, confidence misdirection and hypnotism.

How was it camera work? He got the numbers from camelot at the bbc, the draw takes place just after 7pm( or there abouts) thats why you cant buy a ticket after this time, but the draw isnt actually shown on tv until after the late news, (its not live).

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hootsmanwheresmaheid
reply to post by Virole

His Assassins show was absolutely brilliant. I loved every minute!

I must say i was a little suprised that the audience were'nt more shocked when Stephen Fry "died", although maybe theres some irony in there.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

How was it camera work? He got the numbers from camelot at the bbc, the draw takes place just after 7pm( or there abouts) thats why you cant buy a ticket after this time, but the draw isnt actually shown on tv until after the late news, (its not live).

This is an assumption on my part. Seeing the explanations of various split screen theories and knowing Derren's misdirection tactics. It seems the most likely and simplest. If I'm wrong then he simply has never used camera tricks and that makes him that much more incredible but if he did for that one show then its not something I would have faulted him on and would still be as impressed with his showmanship and composure during that performance.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
everyone jumping on me because i dont like him or his childish lies

Its all camera work ..... and its obvious he needs his actors .. he`s a "magician" or whetever he thinks he is. Everything is thought out then put into action ... just like all the other crap your watching on the telly .... you cant just make someone do something like that ... we`d all be doing it .....seen the way he "hypnotises" people ?
.... you should have grew up by now ... seriously .

the lottery

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ReptileRipper

To be honest, i dont really have an opinion on Derren Brown, I dont really spend much time thinking about his shows, it just entertainment to me, far more interesting things to read on ats. Im not sure if hypnotism is for real, but i was interested in the fact that he wouldnt show the whole hypnotism procedure because it was illegal (in case you go under at home and cant get out. He mentioned the "1952 hypnotism act". I thought he was bs-ing that for drama, but it seems it does exist.

new topics

top topics

join