It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Killer shark at Rottnest Island to be hunted down after killing American" - Same old fear mongeri

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

"Killer shark at Rottnest Island to be hunted down after killing American" - Same old fear mongering...

www.news.com.au

AUTHORITIES issued a catch-to-kill order to destroy a rogue shark just one hour after an American man was mauled to death while diving off Rottnest Island, Western Australia today.

The 32-year-old, a US national in Australia on a working holiday, had been diving alone about 500m off Little Armstrong Bay on the island's north-west coast when the predator struck about 1.30pm.

Read more: www.news.com.au...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.theaustralian.com.au

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Same old news fear mongering about sharks.
What is wrong with people needing to go and kill animals? The ocean is their home and we need to accept that every now and then someone is going to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Quotes like "rogue shark" really bother me, how is this shark a rogue? The only rogue i see is the guy who got attatcked because he left his habitat and entered another.

In one year in the U.S., sharks injured just 13 people while nearly 200,000 were hurt in accidents involving ladders, toilets and chainsaws.

The New England Journal of Medicine reported that from 1990 to 2006, 16 people died by digging until the sand collapsed and smothered them. ISAF counted a dozen U.S. shark deaths in the same period. Clearly, you’d be safer in the water, with the sharks.

www.thedivingblog.com...

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22-10-2011 by ShortMemory because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
They usually try to destroy animals who eat people because there is a fear that they will be more likely to attack other people. I doubt this will turn into a "wolf hunt" where we kill every shark we see.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
"Rogue Shark"??

Sorry, guess I missed the part were sharks are generally considered the courteous souls of the sea.
The sad thing is, he probably just took a chomp to see how the guy tasted. "Mauling" rather than "Eating" him.
Unfortunately those chomps can kill from blood loss.

I feel very bad for the guy, but once he stepped fin in the ocean, he was now bound to the rules of a foreign country, so to speak.

What makes me sick, is a bunch of trigger happy jerks who kill sharks indiscriminantly and probably won't even get the offending shark.

Messed up.

edit on 22-10-2011 by bastet11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

I can think of a lot of animals that should be put on the extinction list. Sharks are right up near the top along with bears and all types of alligators/crocodiles. There is no longer a place for them in the world. Looking at a picture or artist rendition would be enough. I can't imagine why they are trying to recreate dinosaurs either other than bragging rights.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I thought people weren't supposed to go diving ALONE, and in waters where sharks would be

I also thought people knew that if they went into waters where there are likely to be sharks, they're likely to be bitten

To go out and hunt down a shark - how are they going to recognize the particular shark that killed the guy

top topics

join