It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: 'I Was Tempted To Walk Off' Republican Debate

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I have to agree with Ron Paul... Recent republican debate was aired on a "democratic" channel CNN, and those republican candidates fell for the demo-trap... they tried their best to beat each other up, never really addressing the real issues of the day !! The democrats won hands down !!
How stupid they looked... The most funny part was when Gov. Perry remark to Herman Cain "I love you Brother but"... that's just the way one of those type of people cover their tracks... Perry never said "I love you brother but" to Newton Gingrich, Ron Paul or Mitt Romney...
Guys and Gals the next time when it gets out of hand ... walk off the stage turn around and say: when you're ready to have a honest constructive debate, call me!!!..

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Ron Paul was at that debate? I guess i did'nt notice him cowering under his podium while the real canidates heatedly debating the issues.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
Ron Paul was at that debate? I guess i did'nt notice him cowering under his podium while the real canidates heatedly debating the issues.

cowering under his podium?

One thing that I always liked about Paul is something he said in a conference in Prague
He said "I didn't join politics to play santa claus and tell the people what they want to hear, I'm in politics to tell them the truth which they do not want to hear"

That is so far from cowardly
Going against the Federal reserve is as far from cowardly

Secondly others were headedtly debating the issues...
really...lol
which issues, the ones Ron Paul has been talking about for 30yrs, you mean those ones??

It is far from easy to talk about real issues like Ron does, it is much easier to talk about who mows someone elses lawn.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I am a little confused by statements that both Newt Gingrich and Ron Paul have made about the debates. Both of them *seem* to be blaming the format of the debate for the bickering and fighting. To me, it is clear that the candidates are the ones responsible for arguing and yelling like school children. The debate simply gives them the opportunity to portray themselves as they see fit.

Ron Paul had some good things to say in this past debate, but he was a little off with the Reagan comment. Honestly, he will not receive the GOP nod -- because he is not "pro-Israel", not pro-war and actually willing to blame the Republican party for some of the issues America is facing currently. He is definitely a level-headed guy in my opinion, but that doesn't work in the upper echelon of politics.

With respect to Michelle Bachmann, "the cake is baked" as far as four more years of Obama goes. Although, I am looking forward to the debates of Obama vs whoever gets picked as the GOP candidate.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Thats funny because 45 minutes into the debates, I felt like turning it off. The debates have become a joke. It is full of one liners and catch phrases. Listen to them talk. Ron Paul and maybe Newt are the only two that actually sound like they think before they speak. The rest are like trained circus animals that feed on applause from the crowd. Instead of saying things that people want to hear, why don't you tell us what you really plan on doing once in the White House? My opinion; everything we need to know about them is already out there. Just look back at the last 5 years in their lives and apply it to the presidency and there you go.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

deny ignorance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join