It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: 'I Was Tempted To Walk Off' Republican Debate

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

"I can tell you that after the first 45 minutes I was tempted to walk off that stage," he said, according to the Des Moines Register. "These TV shows where they beat up on each other, I think that's what the people like...They enjoy this. They think it's a game they're playing," he said.

Addressing the way in which the situation unfolded he asserted, "I thought it was disgusting."

The number of debates and their tenor indicate a demand for theatricality in politics, Paul said, that perhaps indicates a lack of seriousness about the process.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I completely agree and this was my general view throughout the CNN debate discussion thread

I think that attacking each other is useful... for them
Because that idiot cooper moderator lets them mud fight it out giving them more time under the spotlight
It's a trick that they play and the audience falls for it and even ends up liking it

Such a dangerous game they are playing they have no idea

edit on 22-10-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
He should have walked off of the stage. He was the only honest person up there.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
how presidential

will he hang up on a world leader when he doesn't do what ron wants ?

please stay in congress
edit on 22-10-2011 by syrinx high priest because: I spell like my 5 year old

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
He may have finally got some attention if had walked of stage, at least then reporters would be forced to ask why?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
He should have walked off of the stage. He was the only honest person up there.

Baaa zing.

That was so good I quoted just to read it twice.

OT: I still haven't gotten around to this debate yet. Its kind of hard after going through the first couple of ones it was nothing but Rick Perry and Mitt Romey talking. Hard to watch that for 1 half over and over again.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
how presidential

please stay in congress

Apples and oranges. Apples and oranges.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Did he walk off of stage? No he didn't. So whatever your reason to hate Ron Paul, I don't see how you can twist this one around. He simply was stating his feelings on it.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Ron Paul has been in politics longer than I have been alive, and even I can predict he won't get the nomination for his party, because he won't play ball with the system in place, and he wasn't invited to Builderbergers.

He seems like a good man too, shame. We're going to get Romney's face vs. Obama's false promises in the next election.

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
how presidential

please stay in congress

Wow
Did you actually just say this?

There is no logic in that statement, it most likely just means that you made an illogical statement just for the hell of it because you support another candidate or party

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mcupobob
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Did he walk off of stage? No he didn't. So whatever your reason to hate Ron Paul, I don't see how you can twist this one around. He simply was stating his feelings on it.

Where did this person say that they hate Ron Paul?

Also, it's quite early in the debates. The fact that he even considered walking off the stage to me, shows that he does in fact not have to fortitude to see the debate process through to election time.

What you are missing is an excellent point that this person brought up. Would he feel the need to walk out on official business if elected?

This is insight into his mindset, which is very child like in my opinion.

I don't hate they guy, I am just stating my feelings on it!!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I thought the debate was disgusting also. I turned it pretty soon after it started as I thought it was very unflattering of our nation and populous as a whole. The only two who acted even remotely mature was Paul and Newt and thats the only two I'll take the time to vote for in the primaries. Even though I consider myself libertarian/conservative I dont think anyone other than these two are even worthy of the office on the GOP side.

I wholly support Ron Paul first but as my state will be one of the later states voting in the primaries I should know by then if he even stands a chance or not. I know Newt has baggage but I am the forgiving type and do believe people can change and evolve politically as they mature and get older. I believe Newt to be one of the only GOP candidates who could crush Obama in debating. Regardless other than those two I'm wholly disgusted with the GOP field.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by supine

What is your opinion when world leaders walk off during Ahmenijinad's UN Speech?
What's your opinion when world leaders refused to shake Bush's hand during that summit?

Actual not shaking hands and actual walking off vs. symbolism?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by supine

What is your opinion when world leaders walk off during Ahmenijinad's UN Speech?

this^^ WIN

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by supine

Also, it's quite early in the debates. The fact that he even considered walking off the stage to me, shows that he does in fact not have to fortitude to see the debate process through to election time.

This is Ron Paul's 3rd presidential candidacy. He knows what he's getting into.

edit on 22-10-2011 by followtheevidence because: inserted quote

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by supine

How did he make a good point? You guys take this entire thing out of perspective.

He isn't required to attend these debates. When the debate turns out to be a bunch of school kids up on stage, bickering back and forth, why should he feel the need to stick around and want to be associated with that crowd?

This is a presidential election, not American Idol. I guess this is too hard to understand for some.
edit on 10/22/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by supine

What's your opinion when world leaders refused to shake Bush's hand during that summit?

Actual not shaking hands and actual walking off vs. symbolism?

My opinion is that a lot of world leaders are immature, psychopathic, narcissits.

Just because other people act like jerks, doesn't mean Ron Paul should get a green light, espcially from his supporters to do the same. He ought to be an example of what not to do when dealing with world business, and or his own country. That he even says he had a thought of walking off, sends a signal to me that he might not follow through on things if he doesn't like the way a situation is going.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by supine

Anyone one could feel like doing something. For instant I feel like punting that small dog that craps in my room sometimes. However I refrain from that. See just expressed my feeling on that, did I act upon it? No I didn't. I can see why Ron Paul could feel frustrated with the debates, like he could feel frustrated with a world leader, or meeting. Is he going to walk out on them? Most likely Not, and I only say most likely because unfortunately I still haven't obtained the power to see into the future.

Has he ever walked out on anything? No he hasn't. As for if the poster hates Ron Paul? Well maybe I was exaggerating a bit, but from his posting history I can say that he doesn't like the idea of him as president, which is fine entitled to his opinion and all that. However this whole hypothetical question is nothing but just trying to discredit the man in the realm of the hypothetical, when no actions have been taken suggest that he would ever do such a thing.
edit on 10/22/2011 by Mcupobob because: redundancy check

edit on 10/22/2011 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception
How did he make a good point? You guys take this entire thing out of perspective.

He isn't required to attend these debates. When the debate turns out to be a bunch of school kids up on stage, bickering back and forth, why should he feel the need to stick around and want to be associated with that crowd?

Well, let's see. He attends these debates to let people know about his policies, and the direction he intends to take the country if elected. The fact that he doesn't have to attend says that he likes the drama and is using it to his advantage, especially when making comments about wanting to walk off the stage.

This is a presidential election, not American Idol. I guess this is too hard to understand for some.

I've never watched American Idol.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by supine

Well, let's see. He attends these debates to let people know about his policies, and the direction he intends to take the country if elected. The fact that he doesn't have to attend says that he likes the drama and is using it to his advantage, especially when making comments about wanting to walk off the stage.

I've never watched American Idol.

He likes the drama? Did you not read the title of the thread?

Oh, sorry I used a bad example there for you. Dancing with the stars?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

He likes the drama? Did you not read the title of the thread?

Oh, sorry I used a bad example there for you. Dancing with the stars?

Yes, I sure did read it.

I also watched the debate, and noticed his eye rolling and shuffling when the other people were debating. This is how debates go, so, in my opinion, he comes out later and says this, it's to his advantage. If he doesn't like how debates are run, and the behavior of other participants, why is he showing up in the first place? He knows what they are like before even showing up.

I don't watch any "reality" tv by the way, so you can stop trying to guess my viewing habits. And say, so, while you think it would be ok for him to walk off of stage because of personal mud slinging, it's not working for you here, either!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join