It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge CME 22 Octobar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
In last hour we have very strong and big eruption on Sun, not Earth direction ..

We have solar flare M 1.1 class ..

Inverted ..

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

edit on 22-10-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Okay, I'll agree this is visually impressive. I appreciate the heads up so I can capture the source images for my own site's gallery of Solar activity. The title is just a little over done though, isn't it? An M 1.1, if directed straight at Earth, would do nothing but give some northern lights people might make a few comments about. I seriously doubt it would make news.

On the other hand... people are mighty touchy on solar news right now and for some good reasons... I'm wondering if we shouldn't be a little careful about words like "HUGE" in titles when the subject is anything but.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Okay, I'll agree this is visually impressive. I appreciate the heads up so I can capture the source images for my own site's gallery of Solar activity. The title is just a little over done though, isn't it? An M 1.1, if directed straight at Earth, would do nothing but give some northern lights people might make a few comments about. I seriously doubt it would make news.

On the other hand... people are mighty touchy on solar news right now and for some good reasons... I'm wondering if we shouldn't be a little careful about words like "HUGE" in titles when the subject is anything but.

Is huge and very strong .. lo00l

Nice thing is not Earth directed ..

Maybe you look that solar flare classification forget that eruption is not in Earth-side view or is on border, he is more stronger of that M 1.1 ..

Think sunspot 1314, we see when they put info is this sunspot ..

Peace ..
edit on 22-10-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
That massive flare is only a M1.1? Got me curious to see what a large X flare would look like now!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

That's a very pretty CME. Thank you very much OP!
Too bad it's not coming right at us. I so completely love when people panic and run around with their arms all waving around in the air, and then ... nothing happens.

Totally hilarious.
Could you please please please edit your descriptions to say that it IS coming right at us?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Thanks for that Dalke! Those are amazing to see....I never get tired of it!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Thanks OP,

My deal with this solar max, is that it is a somewhat rare one with elevated activity.
Why are our schools not teaching our children ANYTHING about this.
This seems like a grand opportunity to bring this interesting subject into the classrooms, which could branch off into many other studies.

I have the lower education gamut covered, with one in grade, one in middle, and one in high school. They say they have not heard a word about it. I guess all those fancy stereo scopes can keep this data to themselves.

????

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
That's so bright that I expected a small X class rating.

Then, I read the text and it's just an everyday old M1

2011 has been BUSY.

Thank you for the very impressive picture.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Great pictures!

I too wonder why our kids are not being taught about this in science class. The perfect learning opportunity is here.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
Great pictures!

I too wonder why our kids are not being taught about this in science class. The perfect learning opportunity is here.

You can actually blame the state and federal governments. The first dictates what will be taught and when, in accordance with pre-ordained 'standards' designed so that students will pass 'The State Test' (whatever standardized test it is for your state.) The federal government, with its 'No child left behind' has tied funding to schools doing what they are told to do. Effectively, they've made sure 'All are left behind' in terms of new and emerging information in the world... since naturally that information is not part of the mandated teaching standards.

Thanks for listening. I loathe the system!

Science teachers where I work are told not to do any "fluff" (fun) activities but to focus only on what MUST be covered. No wonder our students are tuning us out!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Those are huge, the blasts before were huge too and makes me think that's why we're still dealing with warm weather. I want to see what Phage thinks of this, I haven't seen him on threads like these(which is his usual thing) but maybe something unfortunate happened to him. I hope not, he seems to know what he's talking about with this subject.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Amazing

Any one else see the phoenix in the 2nd pic?

join