It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't trust anybody!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
What's happened with our mothers these days?

Has anyone else noticed the amount of shocking news/threads on parents?

Just when I thought I'd heard it all, in terms of greed and money, a New Zealand mother had to go and steal over $10,000 from two of her children's bank accounts (over a 5 year period without their knowledge).

She managed to theive a total of $9924 from one of the bank accounts over 140 times!
and also stole over another $2000 from her other kids bank account over 30 times.

What's the world coming to if a mom can do something like this?

Just goes to show the meaning of money over love with some people.

I could rant on and on, here's the proper sauce: www.stuff.co.nz...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I'm really beginning to believe there is some sort of psychoactive manipulative warfare going on right now... there are so many people acting so strangely as of late that I can't in my mind just chalk it up to "coincidence"...

It seems more and more people are out of the blue "going mad" while more and more are viewing it as "the norm"... I hope and pray that in the coming weeks and months everyone comes out of this "fog"...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwissMarked

I'm really beginning to believe there is some sort of psychoactive manipulative warfare going on right now... there are so many people acting so strangely as of late that I can't in my mind just chalk it up to "coincidence"...

It seems more and more people are out of the blue "going mad" while more and more are viewing it as "the norm"... I hope and pray that in the coming weeks and months everyone comes out of this "fog"...

Impossible

There are two realities that exist

The reality that individual credit is money and the reality that corporation credit is money.

Both systems are diametrically opposed to the others continued existance.

A fight to the death shall now ensue

You have 3 choices as I see it
A) Accept
B) Deny
C) F*** off and die
edit on 22-10-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
just watched a show on the msm about bernie madoff and how his wife was more worried about him than her son who had just tried to commit suicide and was in a mental institution.i still believe half the nuts in the world are women.they are just getting more attention these days.before they just blamed it on hormones.guess that equal rights stuff is catching up with the times.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
While it does seem like there are more domestic horrors occurring than ever before, I truly believe that this is simply due to the internet and advanced communication we have now compared with 10 years ago.

We've taken the "Information Age" to a new level now and even the most trivial news hits the internet/twitter, etc.

Yes, these atrocities APPEAR to be everywhere - I've noted that myself and find these cases interesting. But, I think it's just because we now access national news far more easily than ever before. 10-20 years ago, there was just no way to fit all the news into a paper and most of what you heard on TV was local or statewide unless it got very big.

And it's going to get considerably more interesting as we connect globally.
edit on 22-10-2011 by gottaknow because: Added final sentence.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
On the flip side... maybe those kids were total a$$h0lz, and their mother was struggling and they were doing fine, and they wouldn't give her the time of day

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I copied and pasted this from the link supplied:

Lawyer John Pritchard said the money was used to fund the household after the woman and the children's father split up in 2000.

So, the mother did not use the money to go partying, gambling, buy expensive clothes, but to supply the children with a roof over her kids heads and food on their table.

What is unlawful is not always necesirily done with selfish or wrongful intention. There are always grey areas.

We judge so easily without knowing all the facts. Reporting is intended on generating income. So, situations are always painted without giving any facts that may explain the persons actions. Sensationalism sells.

So many of us are currently unemployed and despiration sets in. Perhaps this woman has been unable to find employment, and in the absence of support from the father, resorted to desperate measures. Perhaps her reasoning was that the children are already dealing with the pain of 'loosing' their father and did she not want to stress the kids with futher worries about her dire financial situation. Perhaps her greatest offense is that she did not talk to her kids, but I know that when my marriage was suffering I did everything in my ability not to share our financial problems with my child. Have a heart!

Just looking at it from the other side. Just for one moment, become her.

What is very much lacking in our society today, is compassion.

What if it was you?
Rather let your kids starve, live on the pavement and keep their savings or do the only thing you can?
edit on 22-10-2011 by UnlimitedSky because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2011 by UnlimitedSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I have grown so disappointed and dissatisfied with the world. When I was younger, the world was so different. It seems like the whole planet has gone crazy. I hate to say something like this, but it seems that with each passing year, I care less and less about people. Do we all feel this disconnect? It feels like the Earth stopped spinning and became stagnate. It's like we are standing on a rotting planet.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by notquiteright

Your growing sense of apathy can be hugely because of the programming they are conditioning us with. This is part of their great plan of action, which they have excecuted extremely successfully.

People do not want to accept some very basic facts that 'they' have conditioned us with, because it will mean that they may have to examine themselves. (Selflove is hard work, and we are lazy). When they do understand the implications of very simple concepts which have become second nature because of our conditioning, it feels uncomfortable, at which point the person will elect to change their ways or remain comfortably numb about their discovery.

Simple things in our society that makes us dispassionate towards each other and contributes to growing apathy:

1.) We live in a dog eats dog world. We cannot all win, you have to loose so I can win. This, on a higher level is an illusion. We can all win. The more you help someone to also win, the more you win.
2.) Agressive advertising: numbs the sense of free choice and confuses autonomous decision about what is kind and true and necesarry. Dog eats dog compains to promote materliasm and discard free choice. Stimulates agression in all advertisers minds. Sitmulates greed and jelousy in the consumer's mind. In other words less apathy.
3.) Violence and agression on tv and media: Totally numbs the senses to empathy. These images repeated to the brain will cause the perception to become decensitised towards others. Sensationilsim encourage us to judge others, and no-one can be trusted anymore. So we learn not to care because no-one is trustworthy.
4.) Eating meat hardens the hart. For sure. (I really am not going into an argument about this for those who want to cut up the bodies of their fellow visitors to this planet to satisfy their palet.)
5.) Never doing something small for anyone but yourself. By starting to be just a little kind, maybe to that old lady on the bus, your sense of empathy will start restoring itself. The opposite is also true, live egotistically and you will have no feeling for others and ego will increase.
7.) remember, that we are actually one specie, one world, one collective energy scattered into about 7 billion bodies. What you do to others will somehow effect you, even if you don't percieve it.
8.) Materialism stimules the ego to become more selfish, needy, greedy, and never satisfied. This also contributes to apathy.
9.) Weapons. They have absolutely no purpose other than hurting each other. If we had love, peace, trust, respect and compassion as a collective energy, weapons will be totally unnecesarry. A silly concept it will be.

A buddhist monk asked is master by which laws he can live to enhance life.
The answer his master gave:
'before you think, act or talk ask yourself these 3 questions:
1. is it true
2. is it kind
3. is it necesarry

If yes to all, you are following the law of love and compassion.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Is it desperation or greed? Hmm, thats a lot of money. If we didnt live in a monetary system there would be no chance of people being greedy when it comes to money.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
If my mum needed help financially and I could help her, I would, like I'm sure MOST people would.
But to STEAL from your own kids on not once, not twice but 170 occasions is a little nasty, no matter what the circumstances are.

Life is all about Money nowadays, can turn people evil.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

Yeah Buddhist monks....

www.michaelparenti.org...

Look, I don't feel like much arguing with you since you're sincere and you're beliefs aren't harmful or anything. You're entitled to them ect ect and I'm inclined to agree with you on a couple of those things. I just wanted to say no one is without sin on this world, nor is any religion. I'm just using you as an example since you brought up the Buddhist and I thought that as the perfect example. No offense to you are you're beliefs.

OT: You can trust people, if they have earned your trust. If they betray that trust, well like I said nobody is without sin so best you can do is talk it out, forgive and forget depending on the situation. As for these stories.. Its just sensationalism, it doesn't reflect on parents as whole or even humanity on a whole.

Were all individuals, so it all comes down to what individuals can you trust? Well thats up to you, and where you go in life. Build bonds with people and relationships. Like you know a human being would, instead of closing yourself off from the world.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Realm52

It's a sad situation when a parent rips off their own unsuspecting children.

Lawyer John Pritchard said the money was used to fund the household after the woman and the children's father split in 2000.

...pffft, yeah whatever.

Maybe slightly off topic, nevertheless, it sides with the sentiments in your OP.

Read this...

I sincerely hope, SHE never becomes a parent.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Mcupobob

Just for the record, I am of NO religion, sect or creed. I am a human, gathering wisdom along the way. I found that particular Buddhist tale of great value.

An important point to mention, over and above this discussion, is that trust can only originate from selftrust. If you cannot trust yourself in your decision, perceptions and own belief systems, fundemental trust is lacking. Of course, trust is broken and must be earned. But selftrust is fundemental.

Stay cool.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

Well I suppose thats true. If you can't trust yourself you can't expect trust to come through others. Also sorry about jumping to conclusions.

Stay classy!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Mcupobob

mmmmmmwha!

top topics

join