It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roaring sound heard over Los Angeles starting at 12:03 AM.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Recorded sound but dont know how to uploaded it???

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

youtube it

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrGrimm
reply to post by dreamfox1

youtube it

crap its not working

Wont let me upload

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
We have a very very light marine layer but the stars are visible....I heard nothing over here at this time

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyDawn
We have a very very light marine layer but the stars are visible....I heard nothing over here at this time

All is quiet again at 2:14 am

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Interesting.. I'm in Silver Lake and didn't notice anything unusual (by LA standards at least).. could have been a crime chopper just far enough out of view? As you know, sometimes those things hover for longer periods of time depending on what they're dealing with..

I feel like I would have noticed it as I'm frequently going out to my balcony for a cigarette. Not saying it didn't happen though, just jealous..

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I've heard and read all these post about the rumbling noise. saw that boobtube video that the people thought it was a tornado, but nothing happened...just that sound.

Then, Wed or Thur about 2 or 3am I was up watching TV (i work overnights and it was my days off) I actually heard this sound. At first I thought it was thunder, but it wasn't raining nor was there any storms in the forecast and the sound was going on WAY too long to be thunder.

Then I thought maybe it was a plane or jet passing over but again, the sound continued for just way too long to be an aircraft.

I'm in Nebraska and this sound lasted, I'd say, for about and hour give or take. I wasn't timing it. Have no clue what it was, but it was definitely weird. Anywho...I just dismissed it as an oddity and continued on watching Doctor Who.

Haven't heard it since.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Can your dogs hear that sound ?

Thank you for posting ..

Need that kind information from everyone and please send my U2U private msg if you hear similar sounds, time (UTC), place and possible direction of sound N-S or E-W ..

Is that sound similar to this one, if is not find some similar and post ..

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-10-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I know some construction crews work the graveyard shift....perhaps there is one working around and/or fairly near to your area.....sometimes sounds echo...it could be.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I believe I may have heard this sound last night. I don't live in California, but I do live in the southwest and I heard this sound at about 8:30 or so and it did last for quite a while. Im going to sit out tonight and listen for it again and hopefully will be able to get a sound recording of it. This is a very intriguing phenomena. I live out in the country, and so it can be very quiet at times out here, so something of that nature is very noticeable.
edit on 22-10-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Yikes, the rumbling roaring sounds are now getting closer to my area. I didn't hear anything last night because I was out like a rock. I am 50 miles east of LA. I am wondering what the sound is coming from, this is creeping me out because it is so close to my area.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I really wish someone with better organizational skills than I possess could establish a phone or email tree in several major populated areas so the sound can be tracked by volume reports as it may change location.

A few of those with solid documentation by reports might start giving us tracks of where the source is coming from or going to. I'm not sure a couple would tell us much....but several may start showing some pattern or other data block people around here can make some sense out of.

It's so maddening that after so many of these in such disparate locations around the whole planet, we still know almost nothing and can't even determine if it's airborne or ground based. Arg! I can't help believing that solving this riddle may prove critically important in our collective futures. It's too widespread and just..ODD..to casually ignore.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I don't suppose you folks are hearing it now? I live to the east and I hear it coming from the west steadily now for 10 minutes or so. 20:15 10/22/11.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I thought it was all bunk. But when I heard it for myself the other night, it was a very "whoa" moment.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Hey, something occurred to me. Given the fact there are Occupy movements on 24/7 status all over the U.S. and world, for that matter....perhaps that would be a good place to check for others hearing it. They're outside by definition so won't have walls to muffle sound in the first place. Even smaller locations ought to have security up all night for basic crime prevention. They should hear it.... Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

true. assuming, of course, that the sound is happening in that area. i really wish we could see a pattern for this sound. it just seems so random.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I'm in Hollywood; we've been out on the deck for 3 nights, and haven't heard anything except helicopters on a film shoot, about which we were notified in advance.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I have heard the same sound as if a jet engine is in a stationary position and being tested... It always sounds like it is about a mile away and to the north east of where I live, which is about 100 miles southeast of Dallas... It happens a few times a year and I have posted on threads about it a few times in the last 4 years... I've been out on the roads looking for the cause of the sound but it is a desolate wooded area and I have seen nothing out of the ordinary. It is at least 45 or 50 miles from any airport that a jet of any kind would be using... This is happening all over the place as far away as England... I at one time thought it may be from a high pressure gas line about 100 feet from my house but it was dug up and carried off a few years ago... Another thing might be a process used to bring natural gas to the surface referred to as "Fracking" which is being claimed to be causing earth tremors all about the country but I was hearing this before the process was being used for over 10 years.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join