It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am proud to be American. Am I the only one?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Back in 1990 I was making $5 an hour.

400 hours of my labor would get me 1 acre of land so I'd have a place to live.

400 hours of labor today wouldn't pay the Property tax on that piece of land. I wish I could go back in time, back to when America was something to be proud of.

Back when we were part of it.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by imasecretspy

I'm glad to hear that! I am right with you. So many rights are taken for granted. Cheers!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

You should have thrown this one in there too...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TechniXcality

I don't live in reality? Yet I openly pointed out some things wrong with the world. I don't need you to fight for my "freedoms" IThe government didn't give me the ability to speak my mind. I was born with the ability to think. That isn't a freedom I earn from my country. It's a birth right. Huge difference. When I can smoke my illegal herb, I'll talk about what freedom is. I'll talk about freedom when I don't have to worry about my bank making some crazy deal that could fail and then take my money with it. Freedoms are smoke and mirrors that were designed to trick people into believing they have to get the OK from the big guy to use things they were born with. Government says I'm allowed to buy guns, but in this day in age I have a right regardless if they tell me to to protect myself. I live a walgreens life, yet you blindly walk into a battle that doesn't benefit anyone in this country besides corpoations and weapons companies. The battle for freedom was won with the Indepence of our country over 300 years ago. You obviously don't live in the REAL world.
edit on 22-10-2011 by crohny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Nationalism is brainwashing. You don't deserve a job more than a Mexican just because you're an American. You aren't number one and neither is America. You don't win any gold medals... the athletes who earn them are the ones who win them. You aren't in Iraq. The US military is in Iraq. When I hear "we are in Iraq" I disown that because I'm not there and I won't be going there.

If America was the most free country in the world then I really could be proud to be an American. America is #4 or worse in terms of freedom. Hong Kong is better than America. Switzerland is better than America. New Zealand is better than America. I can't be proud of an organization where lying, deception, and outright murder are a matter of policy. Is violence and dishonesty something to be proud of?

Oh, and by the way citizenship does not really exist in the USA. Why? Citizenship is the idea that you are granted special protection in exchange for sacrificing something of yours. Sorry to burst your bubble but the supreme court of the USA has ruled that you are due ZERO PROTECTION OF ANY SORT WHATSOEVER. The deal is that the USA gives you nothing, and you give them everything they ask, or they destroy you completely. Don't like the Iraq war? Try not paying for it and you will go to prison for the rest of your life. They will destroy you if you don't pay for lying. They will destroy you if you don't finance outright murder and destruction. Go off and wave your flag at a rally now while I sit back and do something more charitable with my time.

I'm quite bitter after discovering the USA is nothing more than a lie and a system of enslavement, but I guess there is something nice about blissful ignorance that makes me happy for you.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

It's not possible for me to be "proud" of being an American. That's just silly. I had nothing to do with it.

I am proud of the song I just wrote. I am proud of the book I just sold. I had something to do with those.

I am happy to be an American though. It's like front row seats to the show.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by crohny

I don't live in reality? Yet I openly pointed out some things wrong with the world. I don't need you to fight for my "freedoms" IThe government didn't give me the ability to speak my mind. I was born with the ability to think. That isn't a freedom I earn from my country. It's a birth right. Huge difference. When I can smoke my illegal herb, I'll talk about what freedom is. I'll talk about freedom when I don't have to worry about my bank making some crazy deal that could fail and then take my money with it. Freedoms are smoke and mirrors that were designed to trick people into believing they have to get the OK from the big guy to use things they were born with. Government says I'm allowed to buy guns, but in this day in age I have a right regardless if they tell me to to protect myself. I live a walgreens life, yet you blindly walk into a battle that doesn't benefit anyone in this country besides corpoations and weapons companies. The battle for freedom was won with the Indepence of our country over 300 years ago. You obviously don't live in the REAL world.
edit on 22-10-2011 by crohny because: (no reason given)

oh by the way i love you brother. Rock on question authority fight for equality, if it wasnt for people like you, i wouldnt exist. My goal is to protect the weak who have a right to be heard, and your goal is to change the world so i dont have to fight. But until these things are realized; I will fight and you will have your ideas known. You want to change something? Make this world the "walgreens world" that you want it to be. And while you are fighting for your ideas to be herd, ill be fighting for you to speak those ideas. Dont ever once think this world isnt black or white, your grey ideas may make this place better. But while your begging your argument im going to be fighting for you to do that. The whole idea of a miltary idustrial complex, is a blaim game for why you as the PEOPLE, are not being heard. That is not my fault SPEAK LOUDER, bring us home what the hell do you know about me! Do something people! We will protect you!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I'm amused that you keep speaking like you know me. I don't wish to stop you from fighting. I rather enjoy the mindless going to war and dying willingly. It leaves the rest of us free from having to worry about drafts. I want a world without war is silly. That isn't possible. This "walgreens" # you keep saying is just as absurd. I'm the least peaceful person around. Obviously because I'm alright with you dying for what you believe. The sad fact is you really believe you're making a difference. You aren't doing anything that allows me to speak my mind. I'd do it regardless if it meant life or death. If you want to save lives, why not go back in time and get all the people convicted and then put to death in our country that were innocent. Why not do something for the natives of our country? Oh yeah, because you're a blind coward who rather go do mindless fighting over politics than # that actually matters to your fellow Americans. Pathetic sir.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by crohny

I'm amused that you keep speaking like you know me. I don't wish to stop you from fighting. I rather enjoy the mindless going to war and dying willingly. It leaves the rest of us free from having to worry about drafts. I want a world without war is silly. That isn't possible. This "walgreens" # you keep saying is just as absurd. I'm the least peaceful person around. Obviously because I'm alright with you dying for what you believe. The sad fact is you really believe you're making a difference. You aren't doing anything that allows me to speak my mind. I'd do it regardless if it meant life or death. If you want to save lives, why not go back in time and get all the people convicted and then put to death in our country that were innocent. Why not do something for the natives of our country? Oh yeah, because you're a blind coward who rather go do mindless fighting over politics than # that actually matters to your fellow Americans. Pathetic sir.

No, you sir are an extremist. No matter what comprimise i offer, you beg to differ, no matter what consalidation and appreciation i offer, you smite it. Indeed you are violent ,"I'm the least peaceful person around". You make as much sense as two a**holes trying to fu** a door nob. You say youd speak your mind regardless of life and death? Ha, your funny why not actually be in a position of life and death. Then go ahead speak your mind id like to see what you say? you know nothing about you, but even though you are fringe as #, i still would die for your belifes love ya brother, get over it

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
You probably are one of few.

The rest forget what and who they are and have slipped into the stupidity of most who appear on ATS.

Hang in there, the morons will die of eventually if they stop breeding.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
i think i made it three words into that song before i had to shut it down.

if that song makes you proud to be american i dont know what to say.

will us humans ever move past our borders and finally realize that we are all in this together and it wont last forever and finally live like we are all brothers and sisters.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

Did you try this one?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If that song doesn't reach into the soul of any American and fill them with a little pride nothing will.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by elitegamer23

Did you try this one?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If that song doesn't reach into the soul of any American and fill them with a little pride nothing will.

Its coincedital thats my favorite take on this song, i wad just about to post it, but you beat me to it bravo bravo..

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Warning, the "F" word is used. But i have seen this video posted on here many times before...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Warning, the "F" word is used. But i have seen this video posted on here many times before...

lol reminds me of this, cant embed for some reason

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I think Americans as wholes are very patriotic. The ones who think they are not and say they are not patriotic are such people who have sat back and watch this country and the crooked politicians run this country into the ground for personal gains and profits. As some of the other members said there is no profit in disaster relief but plenty of money in war. There are plenty of profiteers in war. So much money gets dumped into peoples pockets when there are countries at war.

I am still a very patriotic person even though I believe in a lot of the conspiracy theories I have read and watched on television. I appreciate all the men and women who serve this country and fight for us civilians. Just sucks that they have to come back over here after getting shot at and seeing all this bull going on over here. That's just my 2 cents though.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TopElite
I think Americans as wholes are very patriotic. The ones who think they are not and say they are not patriotic are such people who have sat back and watch this country and the crooked politicians run this country into the ground for personal gains and profits. As some of the other members said there is no profit in disaster relief but plenty of money in war. There are plenty of profiteers in war. So much money gets dumped into peoples pockets when there are countries at war.

I am still a very patriotic person even though I believe in a lot of the conspiracy theories I have read and watched on television. I appreciate all the men and women who serve this country and fight for us civilians. Just sucks that they have to come back over here after getting shot at and seeing all this bull going on over here. That's just my 2 cents though.

agreed star*

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
After reading the OP's post I was trying to think of anything that I am proud of "being". I couldn't think of anything. My understanding is that pride is a sin.

When I achieve anything I feel pleased, pleased with myself and tend toward self-congratulation, but I guard against pride. Pride is the companion to selfish elitism.

When I feel pride coming I try to maintain a hold on humility and self-effacement. Pride is a deadly sin that leads to terrible evil.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I am still proud of our American ideals. Of honesty, hard work, courage and compassion. I served in the Navy during the Vietnam war and I didn't support that war nor do I support the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. I am proud of our constitution but sad for the condition of our country now. I am proud of the giving nature of my fellow Americans but horrified by the greedy takers that control our country. The problem of national pride is it becomes the vehicle for control and deception.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

I think that is well put.

The last major nation to make a cult of national pride was Nazi Germany. This led to regarding others as "subhumans" upon whom all manner of gross indignities could be visited. Some people believe that America has tested grotesque new weapons on the Iraqis.

Do Americans regard others as subhumans?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join