It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am proud to be American. Am I the only one?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by imasecretspy

No you aren't the only one. I am proud to be an American as well.

However, it is blind patriotism and the failure of Americans with too much pride to recognize our many faults and fix them that frustrates me.

Being proud is great as long as it doesn't blind you to things that need to change.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
National pride can be a good thing sometimes, but not always. Especially when it is used as a rallying cry for illegal invasions, wars, exploitation, and all of the other immoral and illegal actions perpetrated by the US. Remember Bush...you're either with us or the terrorists. God bless America right? It is simply laughable that common sense and decency can be replaced with "national pride."

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I am proud to be an American. I love my country. I fear and despise my government however. Sarah Palin made a couple videos while in Iowa not long ago that speak to the heart of many of us who are proud of our country. I get a lump in my throat every time I watch them.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Nope you arent the only one, i am extremly proud however sadly it is considered by many these days Nazi like to have American pride. But to all you nay sayers i dont care what you think, im proud ill give u a big red white and blue middle finger if youd like

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I am a proud father, proud husband, proud son. But i I am afraid I am no longer a proud American. It's been a really long time since America did "anything" to be proud of. I am now simply a proud southern man. Who happens to be from America.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I am proud to be American and love our freedoms, which is why I often disagree with many things our country does. It's my right as a American to do so.

Those that claim to love the country one must blindly follow the decisions of their chosen political party leaders have the right to believe that, but we have the right to disagree and still love our country.

Besides, if everyone always had blind patriotism, the United States would never have been created. We would be bowing to the Queen.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by imasecretspy

maybe before the 1970s america was something,not anymore....are leaders are just crap,the only ones served by our goverment is wallstreet,big banks,israel...made in america,the only thing that means 'its junk'.....just sayin

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Was thinking on an island somewhere far far away from civilization.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
National identity and " loyalty" are tools meant to keep people from refusing to defend their territory. Vast sums are spent on propaganda to promote " pride" in a nation, even when there is little to be proud of. America has many good things about it, but so do many other nations. I am not proud especailly of being a member of a nation that refuses to recognize blatant crime in high places, ignored basic human rights, suppresses dissent with force, violates rights routinely, has the world's highest prison population, primarily due to personal drug sue, the worst educational system for any developed nation, NO health care for all, vast millions homeless or one paycheck away from it, crooked politicians that are not accountable to anyone, a warmongering right wing that keeps us in conflicts so giant corporations can make profits while our boy's blood is spilled on forein shores..and on and on and on.

Sure, there are worse places,but since the end of WW2 this nation has been intentionally taken over and ruined by the real bosses of this world, and no one can do anything but ride it out.What is there to be proud of?

Almost any positive fact you can come up with is not exclusively American, and many places have more freedom and less corruption and violence. It is all propaganda, remember.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I am proud to be American! Im English though, so guess it doesnt count. Then again our nations are one and the same nowadays.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I think the air has been let out of the "proud" balloon. We are losing our basic dignity and fundamental rights as American Citizens. Our government uses unreasonable searches in the name of terrorism and DUI checkpoints. Our government is steadily getting involved in people's private lives.

We police the world and stick our nose where it doesn't belong. We've become a nation that our governmental officials always propagated about the Soviet Union. We are justifying wars to force our way of life on sovereign countries. We are quick to use force instead of diplomacy. We continue to occupy foreign lands under the banner of "protecting our allies."

Corporations and bankers are in control of our elected officials. Our government and the corporate elite our controlling our media. Citizen's are being over taxed while corporations and the elite are not paying their fair share. Our government ignores the plight of its people and are more concerned about the influential power by a select few. Our courts are siding more and more with corporations and the wealthy. The citizen's of our country are being lied to.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
I think the air has been let out of the "proud" balloon. We are losing our basic dignity and fundamental rights as American Citizens. Our government uses unreasonable searches in the name of terrorism and DUI checkpoints. Our government is steadily getting involved in people's private lives.

We police the world and stick our nose where it doesn't belong. We've become a nation that our governmental officials always propagated about the Soviet Union. We are justifying wars to force our way of life on sovereign countries. We are quick to use force instead of diplomacy. We continue to occupy foreign lands under the banner of "protecting our allies."

Corporations and bankers are in control of our elected officials. Our government and the corporate elite our controlling our media. Citizen's are being over taxed while corporations and the elite are not paying their fair share. Our government ignores the plight of its people and are more concerned about the influential power by a select few. Our courts are siding more and more with corporations and the wealthy. The citizen's of our country are being lied to.

Whatever, the fact that America will always have a difference of opinion, will always be at the forefront of change. Is looked to for leadership from other nations, is idolized for our brilliance unique inventions, for creating trends in the fashion/music/movie industry. Makes us great if you have nothing to be proud of fine, i fought for this country and its allies, I am proud i dont care what you think. But America dose and thats what makes it great. In America there is room for all avenues of belifes where else can you find that?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I can't be proud of this country in any aspect. This country was stolen for the natives who rightfuly inhabitated it. They were slaughtered. Thrown to the wovles to say the least. Allowed to live in degradation. There is nothing honorable about this country. Nothing in it's histroy. Nothing from any medical advances or anything that has made humanity lazier. To say you are a proud American spits in every face of every innocent person ever killed because of this country. Regardless if you agree or disagree with your government, you allow a ever growing problem to conitune and do nothing to try and put an end to it.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dbarnhart

You're a proud American yet you agree with things Palin says? Wasn't she the one saying books should be burned and also trying to destroy our nation wild life soley because she can? She would do far more harm to this country than good. She wouldn't do any good for this country. She hasn't done any good for this country besides make women looking moronic and unfit for office. Great roll model.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by crohny
reply to post by dbarnhart

You're a proud American yet you agree with things Palin says? Wasn't she the one saying books should be burned and also trying to destroy our nation wild life soley because she can? She would do far more harm to this country than good. She wouldn't do any good for this country. She hasn't done any good for this country besides make women looking moronic and unfit for office. Great roll model.

She makes all women look unfit for office?

You see, in America, collective punishment is typically frowned upon.

The are also 310 million people here. Not all of us believe what she does.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechniXcality

Whatever, the fact that America will always have a difference of opinion, will always be at the forefront of change. Is looked to for leadership from other nations, is idolized for our brilliance unique inventions, for creating trends in the fashion/music/movie industry. Makes us great if you have nothing to be proud of fine, i fought for this country and its allies, I am proud i dont care what you think. But America dose and thats what makes it great. In America there is room for all avenues of belifes where else can you find that?

Forefront of change? What change? I'm a musician, but I don't see the music from this country as being anything but a product of this country. Blues, product of the suffering of black americans that had to be expressed through a creative outlet due to frustration from an opressive society. You're proud of that? That is what you fight for? You fight for homosexual couples to be demonized and live lives that are cut off from a lot of rights straight people are allowed to have. That is right? That is fare? You think because fashion is big here that is great? You think it's ok for women to cake make up on to cover their true face and self to hide behind a persona that has been deemed by media as how a lady should truly be is ok? You're pathetic if you consider and of these things to be proud of. Women are still highly supressed in this country. They still make # wages compared to me. The brilliant ones go on to be pushed aside while Sarah Palin gets TV shows and runs for office and shows how hopeless women can be. That is AWESOME.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I don't believe women are unfit for office, but it's how a lot of people view it. Any time I hear someone discuss Palin(obviously a guy) there is always some crack about how women aren't fit to run this country. And when is collective punishment actualyl frowned upon? I don't remember that many people saying # when Muslims were being demonized for the actions of some lunatics. Lets be realistic. America is known for collective punishment. Look at the wars we are in now. How many people die that are innocent cizilians?
edit on 22-10-2011 by crohny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I'm don't think I experience pride of any kind. I don't like country music or patriotic tunes. I'm bored with patriotic imagery. It all seems like a commercial. I don't trust my government and can't think of a time when it was trustworthy. The people seem to be waking up from their TV trance. That's a good thing. I think I'm a Planetarian. I'd like to see Earth come together in an automated utopia full of leisure time for us to enjoy this planet and each other.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
your proud because your country trying to destroy world? sorry no s&f for ya

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by crohny

Originally posted by TechniXcality

Forefront of change? What change? I'm a musician, but I don't see the music from this country as being anything but a product of this country. Blues, product of the suffering of black americans that had to be expressed through a creative outlet due to frustration from an opressive society. You're proud of that? That is what you fight for? You fight for homosexual couples to be demonized and live lives that are cut off from a lot of rights straight people are allowed to have. That is right? That is fare? You think because fashion is big here that is great? You think it's ok for women to cake make up on to cover their true face and self to hide behind a persona that has been deemed by media as how a lady should truly be is ok? You're pathetic if you consider and of these things to be proud of. Women are still highly supressed in this country. They still make # wages compared to me. The brilliant ones go on to be pushed aside while Sarah Palin gets TV shows and runs for office and shows how hopeless women can be. That is AWESOME.

Whoa whoa whoa, Who are you calling pathetic? Listen here all great music is made from conflict, infact it is the friction of the strings that make the vibrating sound interpreted as harmony. Just because gays are demonized in America/ as well as most if not all parts of this world. Dose not make my pride any less, and women rights? are you kidding me last time i checked if you are a white male living in America you are the most demonized. Just because the top one percent of my nation is mostly white and male, dose not mean i agree with there policys. Infact i have said nothing about my government or miltary might, just that i have seen people die for the freedom you take advantage of from your beliefs. Im sorry that you are a yellow, bleeding heart American. The reason im sorry is not because that is a horrible thing or even derogatory(such as your name calling of pathetic) I think your meek standpoint is a blessing to America and deserves a right to be told. As much as i disagree with you i would sacrafice my life for your right to call me pathetic, and too degrade my service. Women are a essential part of America and i wish nothing for them but the best for there lives, whatever that may be. The issue with people who think like you is this, you live in a walgreens world (that is the idea of what a perfect world should be) however i live in the REAL world where injustice is served on a silver platter, black and whites are a reality. And people dont always get what they deserve, what do i make of this? Please excuse my spelling and grammatical errors as im just a drunk ignorant American with Pride. Who dosent care what you think, but would die to protect it.
edit on 22-10-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join