It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am proud to be American. Am I the only one?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by soldita

Though I hate half of my fellow countrymen, if push ever came to shove I know we can come together and go freak nasty on whatever the cat drug in.

Which half of your fellow countrymen do you hate? Gays, Blacks, hippies, poor people, liberals, etc?

Perhaps this attitude is why so many have lost their patriotism. It's worth considering...

How could I ever trust someone that hates me to be a "Brother in Arms"? not likely!
edit on 22-10-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by imasecretspy

I'm proud to be an American too and have never been afraid to say it here, or elsewhere. Good for you for being honest and unafraid! Too many people think it's cool to be "anti-American" and that's their choice and I respect that and everyone has a right to their opinion. Just don't trash me for speaking my mind. I can think of many, many worse places to live and I choose right here, right now.

Proud midwestern girl from the USA

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Pride is a sin, and i serve only Jesus Christ, not this war driven machine called the U.S. I obey the laws of my King first and foremost over the laws of any man and i will not bow down to anyone but my God. It is time for God fearing and God loving americans to take a stand.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I always thought Christians were to respect their government and pay taxes and tithe to the church and obey the laws set forth by their government and church. At least that's the Christian version I was taught. Pretty sure I could reference it from the bible somewhere, in some verse. But yes, in America you have the freedom the practice any religion of your choice, another thing to be proud of.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba

I always thought Christians were to respect their government and pay taxes and tithe to the church and obey the laws set forth by their government and church. At least that's the Christian version I was taught. Pretty sure I could reference it from the bible somewhere, in some verse. But yes, in America you have the freedom the practice any religion of your choice, another thing to be proud of.

Actually, we are taught that if man's laws conflict with God's laws we are to obey God by default. As long as man's laws are in accordance with God then we may obey them. The day they divurge will be the day we take our stand. Someone obviously failed to teach you to put God first and foremost in all things.

"Give Caesar, what belongs to Caesar, but give to God what belongs to God"-Jesus Christ

edit on 22-10-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I would like to add my opinion, if you do not mind.

I believe there are too many laws.

Written by a man, for a man. Twisted to sound like "freedoms."

I think there should be a law stating there should be no more laws

There are so many laws that some of them conflict with other laws......Well now what do we do? Lets pay high wages for months at a time to try to figure out who has, more money, or I mean more right, or who is not right....... I am confused

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gamesmaster63

I can see how you would think that i have made that confusion. you have come close to identifying what I propose. but i wish to take it a step further...

you use the phrase "unlawful regime in power". but as I mentioned in the quote you were replying to, as long as there is ANY entity which assumes a position of power over me (even a "lawful one"), I do not accept it.

my rights are inborn, and I am a reasonable man. I (naievely) afford that same status to all those around me. in this light, a government or nation becomes merely a formalism or a convenient mode of social discourse.

having "pride" in the type of organization I have described makes very little sense.

but, I do not disagree that the current condition of our nation is very little deserving of support.

thanks.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I am proud to be an American as well.
Always have been always will be.
Does not mean I agree with what the leaders are doing.
The leaders are not the country, we the people are - NEVER FORGET THIS.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Good thing you are because I'm sure as hell not. As soon as im of age i'm leaving this crap country for good.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by atoptreetops

Where you gonna go? Just curious to know what other country you would choose and why.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

You are once again spot on !! I won't waste time or go too far off topic by talking about what is obviously in need of fixing i.e. Corruption etc, but that is not what The American Exceptionalism stands for. The only country in the world where a person can come or be born in that was founded on the fact that God gave us ( you and me ) unalienable rights. That is The America we were and thats what The American People are proud of. I close with this. With no intention to offend but if this offends someone, then feel sorry for me and stay wherever you are and write a thread on how great your homeland is and why.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
reply to post by atoptreetops

Where you gonna go? Just curious to know what other country you would choose and why.

I can only speak for myself. I have put a down payment on a condo in Costa Rica because the people are loving and gentle, polite, know the importance of live and let live, and appreciate the land and eco system,etc. Quite unlike the current attitudes in America.
All to often expressed on ATS with the acrimony, hate and intolerance of different lifestyles, races and politics, marginalizing their fellow countrymen as "people like you"...

I feel blessed that I have the skills and intelligence to make a very comfortable living where there is a connection to the www.

adios....y viva la diferencia!!
edit on 22-10-2011 by whaaa because: see ya!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
How can you be proud being american? By saying that, you are proud of 9/11 you are proud that U.S.A invaded all these middle east countrys, you are proud that USA used a nuclear bomb.
I feel ashamed beeing a human where we kill one another for the rich profit.
Be proud as a human if you like, dont be proud that you were born in one country with a silverspoon in your ass.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Absolutely, I'm proud of this country and the people that made this country great.

But I must say, that I totally despise, what the banker owned puppet government has done in our name.

Endless War

Endless Inflation

Endless infringement of our civil liberties

Endless taxation

Endless bailouts of corrupt entities.

We must get back to adhering to the greatest document ever written, and that of course, is the U.S. Constitution.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

No.. so am I

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Im very proud and I also served my country proudly for 10 years, No regrets or complaints, that said, There is work to be done here and its starting.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Patriotism in nothing but an excuse to hate/fear strangers you'll never meet.. and take "pride" in, bask in the glow of, the accomplishments of others.

I feel a certain sense of temporary pride, positive thoughts when reflecting on personal accomplishments.. but that's it. I earned it.

I could care less about the shadowy overlord elitists running the place, I hope they miserably fail every endeavor and soon face mob justice with court held in the streets.. If the corporation known as the USA ceased to exist tomorrow, life for me would go on just fine... and new societies would ascend from he ashes, hopefully better smaller, more accountable to locals & more informed.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
The only country in the world where a person can come or be born in that was founded on the fact that God gave us ( you and me ) unalienable rights..

There were countries with these rights and these laws before your country even existed.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kelmi
How can you be proud being american? By saying that, you are proud of 9/11 you are proud that U.S.A invaded all these middle east countrys, you are proud that USA used a nuclear bomb.
I feel ashamed beeing a human where we kill one another for the rich profit.
Be proud as a human if you like, dont be proud that you were born in one country with a silverspoon in your ass.

Nazis were uber proud of the fatherland too.. to a fault.

3rd Reich was master race who felt they could subjugate others at gun point, 4th Reich switched to being a master nation.. Pride in the master nation makes for good easily controlled Orwellian citizen suckers.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
we might not be ranked happiest or ranked least corrupted.... but we are ranked the coolest (learned these facts from govt class) to me thats pretty funny and makes me proud haha. we might be doing stupid # all the time but nonetheless i love america and im proud to be an american. if we could just get a real leader in office cough ron paul cough then i feel like we can be given the opportunity to be the envy in the world as we once were. fyi denmark is the happiest ranked country and one of the other scandinavia countries were ranked least corrupted in case u were wondering... much love and peace my friends

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join