It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am proud to be American. Am I the only one?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by imasecretspy

I'm with you on that one,I am proud to be Scottish,though less than proud of our political "leaders". You should be proud of a country that founded itself on the caveats of liberty and justice for all,regardless of the actions of succesive governments and their campaigns to erode these freedoms,the people are strong and will one day show these leaders that enough is enough.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

That prettymuch sums up how I feel about nationalistic pride, racial pride etc.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I used to be very patriotic and proud to be and American but now that I have been labeled a "people like you" by my own countrymen; marginalized and ostracized for having different political beliefs and living a counter culture lifestyle.

My Patriotism has eroded with each insult. "Proud to be an American"...not so much anymore.

edit on 22-10-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I'm proud of my own personal accomplishments, I'm proud of my children, but to be proud of where I was born by an accident of birth?
Come on people, we're all supposed to be intelligent grown up's here.
What's next, people puffing their chests out over the colour of their hair or eyes?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
You are the only one.

Americans are fat, stupid, zombies, know only 1 language, live inside boxes staring at boxes, rednecks or money grubbing je-lawyer types, don't know anything about europe, or the rest of the world for that matter. The men act like girls, the girls want to be men. feminism, theoneicantsaycauseit'lloffendpinkwearingpeople, israels workhorse, forgotten european tradition, hardly ever have kids, diseases, #like downs, the baby boomers were the dumbest of the lot, they alienate themselves from europe while protecting 3rd world, they think they know everything, they think they have the most money, they assume a lot, I could go on and on and on and on.

americans blow.

America = Titanic

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
America = big problem for the rest of the world.... cos america is created on lie, and Americans obey lie... all of U are emigrants, the american land is not Yours... never was and never will... but whatever... its only people U have to deal with... only two nations live on stolen land... Americans and Israelis....

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerVerboten
You are the only one.

Americans are fat, stupid, zombies, know only 1 language, live inside boxes staring at boxes, rednecks or money grubbing je-lawyer types, don't know anything about europe, or the rest of the world for that matter. The men act like girls, the girls want to be men. feminism, theoneicantsaycauseit'lloffendpinkwearingpeople, israels workhorse, forgotten european tradition, hardly ever have kids, diseases, #like downs, the baby boomers were the dumbest of the lot, they alienate themselves from europe while protecting 3rd world, they think they know everything, they think they have the most money, they assume a lot, I could go on and on and on and on.

americans blow.

America = Titanic

Do you live in the US? Can you criticize your government and not end up dead or in jail? Mr. Obama is an idiot. His religion sucks. I think he should be impeached. And that ladies and gentleman is why I love my America. Everyone is free to express his or her personal opinions. I hate Obama. And that is allowed too. I hated Bush too. You are seriously ill informed about a lot of us Americans. I don't live in a box. I live in a round house. Why should we know anything about Europe if we don't want to? Clearly, you don't know much about America. We have our own traditions here and are not much interested in the way other countries do things. You assume too much.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Yet... Toby Keith plays a Takamine custom guitar with the good ole' MADE IN JAPAN label on it.

That guy is a hypocrite and a tool that sounds like a racist goat when he sings.
edit on 22-10-2011 by Cuervo because: Coffee...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
...who start all illegal wars last 100 years? america?! hmm ... i am proud to be not American!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I wonder why there aren't many proud Native Americans these days?

Oh yeah, never mind.

Actually, there are a great many proud Native Americans. I for one, I was born in America, therefore; by definition, I am a Native American. If you are referring to the inhabitants of the Americas who's genetic background is not European, there are many of those also.

Native
1. being the place or environment in which a person was born or a thing came into being: one's native land.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Proud to be an American? What has America done lately to be proud of? I can't think of anything, but I can, however, think of many things America has done that no one should be proud of.

I am NOT proud to be an American.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I am proud to be an American....

But last night I wasn't so much .....when after work and ready to settle down to a nice pleasant dinner with my S/O my GE as in General Electric Gas Range refused to cook my dinner last night....but instead only responded with the Falilure Code "F2" temperature sensor error !!

Yep, and you better have those American Made Craftsmen tools on hand because as with my Range, I have to fix the damn thing today .....or buy a new one which I cannot afford to at the moment due to our F'd up American economy.

I am proud to be an American but it doesn't help fix my stove/oven and/or cook tonight's dinner.

What happened to the American Made Tappan Ranges like my Grandmother had that made such delicious pies and cobblers for 50 or so problem free years ?

Next time around I am buying a Bosch or an LG Range. I am sick and tired of fixing ####.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianDamage
I'm proud of my own personal accomplishments, I'm proud of my children, but to be proud of where I was born by an accident of birth?
Come on people, we're all supposed to be intelligent grown up's here.
What's next, people puffing their chests out over the colour of their hair or eyes?

I was not born here by an accident of birth, my ancestors immigrated to this country because of what it stood for and the hopes they had for their descendents. My birth here was chosen for me by those I love, honor and respect.

I am proud to be an American because of what my country allowed my family to accomplish, because of what it has allowed me to be.

As you can see, I have very specific reasons to be proud to be an American even though I am not proud of what those in positions of power in my country have done in the past and are doing now.

Also, to all of those Americans who are so vehemently not proud to be American, emigrate, there is nothing stopping you. Check out your rights in your new country, then see how proud you are.
edit on 22-10-2011 by gamesmaster63 because: in addendum

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZakOlongapo
...who start all illegal wars last 100 years? america?! hmm ... i am proud to be not American!!!

Really? What about Germany (twice), France, China, Japan, Iraq, Iran, South Africa, Russia, and on and on. We are not the only ones. IMO, all wars are illegal.

Learn your history before you spout.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I am proud to be American. Am I the only one?,

Nope......, I am there with you.

Lj01 is 32 and I am in a trade that I enjoy. I am installing industrial and commercial a/c and heating systems. It is a little satisfying that people will get to enjoy the fruits of my labor

You never know, if you are in southern Illinois look up, I might have installed the duct work, or the a/c units on the roof.

Lj01 is trying not to be a bum

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Patriotism used to mean something but now it's just another blanket to pull the wool over your eyes and take away your freedoms! I will only revel in the delight of patriotism when enough of America stands against the tyranny, corruption and oppression that has degraded our once great land but until then I will only be a rebel!
When we pull our noses out of the propaganda that is corporate TV, sports and the lapping world of materialism maybe we will start to notice what is being done to us!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

Sounds to me like you are a proud American and a Patriot.
Welcome to the revolution.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I am not proud to be an "american". I am proud to be a living human being.

An american has a different definition throughout the world, how about a human being.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
"I am proud to be American. Am I the only one?"

Hmmm,I doubt it.
Theres plenty of flag waving people around here.
So your far from alone.

As for me,well im proud to be a person.
Proud to be part of humanity,

But to be proud of being an "American"?

Im indfferent.
America is defined by and implies borders,language and culture.

Borders-Defined by government and enforced through war and land taken by force.
Language-English is spoken throughout the world,so thats not important.
Culture-Hmm thats a tough one.Do we have one? America's true culture belonged to the native Americans.
Beyond that,its a melting pot of religious and foreign pagentry.

Freedom-Well were born with it,but we act as if our goverment allowing us the rights to free speech is a gift.It isnt,it should be a natural thing.

How People act define us as a race.
How a country acts is defined and represented by its government.

I put myself as part of humanity ahead of being a representative of the country I live in.

Maybe when people can get past borders and see we are all the same,trapped inside phony lines to keep us boxed in and seperate/divided.

Cheers~!~

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I am proud to be an American.

If you've ever spent time in abroad, coming back to the Home of the Brave is the greatest feeling in the world. Not just because it is home, but because there is just a spirit here that can't be replicated.

Though I hate half of my fellow countrymen, if push ever came to shove I know we can come together and go freak nasty on whatever the cat drug in.

edit on 22-10-2011 by soldita because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join