It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am proud to be American. Am I the only one?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by seamus

Unfortunately as I live overseas and only contract in the states, I have no permanent address and so no county DA to send it to.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
reply to post by seamus

I may be confused but I am thinking that zero= nothing and that this document is that nothing is sacred except for natural law as explained in the text... Set me straight if I am interpreting the incorrectly.

It's not zero. It's "empty set", a term from mathematics that means "no expression can go here", which in turn is a better definition for that which man calls "God" than any other. Since, the unknowable infinite that started this party has no easy way for humans to conceptualize It, empty set seemed (to Roage) a good compromise. Mankind has no words for the unutterable.

However, you are incidentally correct in perceiving that only Natural Law and its Enforcer are "sacred" (interestingly, even that word is from dubious origins).

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by barkingdogamato

So, you have no USA "home of record"?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by seamus

Yep, no stateside home of record. Which ever flop house I end up staying in. US passport for ID, and use my overseas DL to rent a car if I need one. All bank accounts and credit cards are overseas as well. And yes I do pay the IRS, as well as the tax man in the Philippines.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by crohny

Originally posted by RSF77
Proud to stand on the gunpowder, blood, sweat and tears that my ancestors built.

Proud to read the history books.

Proud to be a damn American.

So sue me... haha.

So you're proud of the genocide this country has caused... Hmmmm... you're a bit sick.

Okay, your a bit of an idiot, so I won't judge. Oh wait... I just did.

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Originally posted by RSF77

Proud to read the history books.

You mean, "history" books.

Second line.

There is good and bad in all things. Not exactly sure what you mean, but comparably (to now and to other nations in the past) it seems to me that we actually have something to be proud of here.

What I am proud of are those who shed blood and sweat to build this society. I don't care whatever negative attachment you or anyone else wants to place on me or those people, as long as I have an opinion they will not go without respect.

There are problems to be fixed as always, but the American spirit has already been instilled in us and is alive and well. This is a lesson that history has tried to teach us and we have gone awfully astray. Sorry, but I don't completely understand what you mean by quoting "history", I guess your trying to say that everything we read is false? Good advice for our time, but I beg to differ.
edit on 23-10-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
You know I used to say all the time that "I WAS PROUD TO BE AMERICAN!" but lately that feeling has been waning mostly because I am not seeing the America I was raised to believe existed! We have become a nation of greedy , childish, war-mongering babies! Our bank system is dispicable; all one has to do is turn a television and see the people we "idolize" STUPID UNEDUCATED people who are a disgrace to the English language , and ones who CLEARLY have no morals or even a shred of decency. Yes, I do love my country, and I do love the fact that I'm FREE to be whomever I choose to be, however, I don't believe for a moment that our founding fathers and our deceased men and women who fought for our freedom envisioned a country that idolizes stupid people for totally making a mockery of the very ideals that they fought for us to have! It truly disgusts me to listen to my fellow employees stand around a water cooler and talk about a sports figure's game or their life, ones that CLEARLY have more money than any one of us will ever see... When there are teachers who sometimes can't afford a basic meal , guiding OUR youth AMERICAN YOUTH on their career paths... We are a nation of stupid people who would rather become movie stars or sports figures rather than learn math and science and actually use our brains!! When I think of those things.. NO SIR I'M ASHAMED TO BE AN AMERICAN..I'm afraid it's too late for America, and oh yes, fellow Americans it's all our own fault!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychofreak
USA is a joke to most the world tbh

to full of themselfs and cant win a war without help from E.U to much propaganda

long live our rusky overlords

my spelling sux sue me

What a joke of a response

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join