It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am proud to be American. Am I the only one?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
For better or for worse. No matter what is going on in the nation, I am proud to be American.

But sometimes, I often forget.

And then I stumble across a song, an image, a person, a place, a story, a memory... and it reminds just how proud I really am.

I wonder if I'm the only one?

Included below is a video of a song I heard recently which reminded me how proud I am to be American, during a time when I had forgotten.

I hope that any others who have forgotten what it feels like to be proud to be American... like it as much as I do, if only for a moment.

If you so wish, feel free to post your thoughts on what reminds or makes you proud to be American.

edit on 22-10-2011 by imasecretspy because: If this isn't a social issue, I don't know what is. Move if you must.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by imasecretspy
For better or for worse. No matter what is going in the nation, I am proud to be American.

But sometimes, I often forget.

And then I stumble across a song, an image, a person, a place, a story, a memory... and it reminds just how proud I really am.

I wonder if I'm the only one?

Included below is a video of a song I heard recently which reminded me how proud I am to be American, during a time when I had forgotten.

I hope that any others who have forgotten what it feels like to be proud to be American... like it as much as I do, if only for a moment.

If you so wish, feel free to post your thoughts on what reminds or makes you proud to be American.

edit on 22-10-2011 by imasecretspy because: If this isn't a social issue, I don't know what is. Move if you must.

But your Avatar is Canadian!!
edit on 22-10-2011 by Mandelbrot2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mandelbrot2012

Tom Green is Canadian. My avatar is just a picture.

Thank you for the comment.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Even thieves has pride. No worries about who is doing what. Just do what you have to.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by imasecretspy
reply to post by Mandelbrot2012

Tom Green is Canadian. My avatar is just a picture.

Thank you for the comment.

Well I am a Canadian.... Myself and I am proud to be me but not of my country I mean its a great place but we made mistakes and keep making em for example: the seal hunt, Destruction of wildlife eco systems, and much more but anyways I am glad you are a proud american Yee Haw !!!
edit on 22-10-2011 by Mandelbrot2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
If your pride is founded on patriotic americans, i see nothing wrong with that. It is your home, be proud of it. Do not be proud of the people who run it though.

I sure don't. Im Canadian too. I have zero faith in my government. But i am a proud canadian, I love the land. The sights to see. It is beautiful. Not so much in some places though *thanks a lot forest stripping*

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I'm with you!!

I am proud to stand next to my American bro or sister of any color!!

YOUR A GREAT AMERICAN!!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I love America and I like that song. But I don't believe buying only things made in America is what makes me proud.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by imasecretspy

I used to be proud of America, but have a hard time with it since Bush/Cheney started pummeling everyone and Obama continued on the same path.

We used to be the one's who helped other countries - sent aid after disasters - lead relief efforts - now we just lead wars.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia

I used to be proud of America, but have a hard time with it since Bush/Cheney started pummeling everyone and Obama continued on the same path.

We used to be the one's who helped other countries - sent aid after disasters - lead relief efforts - now we just lead wars.

War is more profitable.
No $ in disaster relief.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
You know. I am so old I remember when I went to school in the morning and stood in front of the flag and it was legal. I am so old I remember when america was free! I am so old I remember when the constitution was more then the toilet paper it is today. WOW!! I am freaking old..

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I'm proud of what our founding fathers accomplished in terms of human history..
That's about it

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

War is more profitable. No $ in disaster relief.

So sad and so sucks, but so true.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I love my country, I love my fellow Americans. I despise my government, but DAMN proud to be an American
For all those Americans that hate it here: LEAVE.
Next will be the haters making their spew heard
Trolls, all of em

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!

link   

S&F to you! Through good times and bad, I'm proud to be American...and I never forget.

link   
I'm proud of being an American for one reason. We're a country built on a national identity of ideas as opposed to an ethnic identity. I'm not going to pretend there weren't serious misdeeds in the past, but when you picture an American, there isn't just one image that fits.

To this day, you see ethnic separtist movements in so many countries ranging from the poorest to the richest, but America is built upon a hell of an idea. The idea of liberty has been strong enough to hold this country together for over 200 years now.

It saddens me that all that might be left is that idea, but it is a legacy worth supporting and revitalizing.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I am and always will be proud to be an American Patriot.

I am not proud of many of the things that my governments does. In fact, many of the things done in the last 50 years enrage me, but I beleive that we, the people of the United States of America can rise above our government and return our country to it's founding ideals and a position of world leadership.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by cassandranova

The idea of liberty has been strong enough to hold this country together for over 200 years now.

But, with all due respect, 200 years is really not all that long in the history of the world.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
True, but the Constitution is now one of the longest lasting continuously existing founding laws for any nation. America isn't an old country by any means, but the structure of government has been basically consistent longer than any other nation of comparable size or status in this era.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Nothing wrong with it from my point of view.

Real Patriots will hold true to their country in good times and in bad times.

Real Patriots also stand up for their countries true principles when they are under attack.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join