Fisker Karma Electric Car Gets Worse Mileage Than an SUV

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I suppose it depends on what you use to get your electricity. If you have to burn coal, then its more efficient to have your own converter for combustibles.

However if you produce your energy nuclear or off a dam or something, then its green(ish).

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Has a 200 mpg carburetor been suppressed by the oil industry?

Short answer: No, it's a myth.

As for your bike/small vehicle theory: Short Drive: The Anglo-Indian Tata Electric Car

100 miles per charge for less than $10,000.

As to the OP, I can't even address the absurdity. Granted, a large amount of American energy comes from coal...but it should be obvious by now that it doesn't have to.

Thanks for the links. Mr. Adams doesn't address the article i was speaking of, he addresses the noption of the 200 mpg myth from another angle. This Ford contest I'm speaking of is well documented and did happen, I think the article came out in Popular Mechanics.

That Tara car is a real joke for the price. Problem - It's built like a car. My "Car" built with this same technology that's used on my electric bike, would not resemble a normal car. It would be a two seater at most. ( In fact they have these electric bikes designed for two riders) Think Go Cart with a shell. A Much simplified version of the YUGO that's electric. No heavy duty axle, tires, transmission, no extras, no radio, no ac and heating. This thing would be like a bike with a shell. That's how it has to be done to keep weight down. Weight is The Enemy #1. It would be more a personal vehicle with only 1/3 of the storage space a normal car has. It would not be designed to go on the Interstate.

The only reason the batteries are not cheap is because China controls the worlds Lithium supply and they make the lithium iron phosphate batteries which is the best lithium battery technology right now. Others are working on battery designs that in theory are just as good if not better and are way cheaper. Progress is slow though.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

I saw that on TV, and like you, was astounded at the real MPG. Back in 1968, I had a 1960 Plymouth Valiant with a slant 6 cylinder that got 60 MPG. Right now I drive a 1990 Chevy G-20 with 350 V-8 running an HHO Reactor that gets 30-32 MPG on a daily basis. I am a long time (38 years) auto mechanic, and I know beyond any doubt that the car companies could in fact make cars that got 50 + MPG is they wanted to. I believe BIG OIL is stopping this. 19 MPG for a gas/electric Hybrid car is outrageous, and laughable.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Any one seen the electric cars in Paris?

www.bbc.co.uk...

Is this the way forwards?

<< 1   >>

join