It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Senator Scott White found dead Friday night

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

State Senator Scott White found dead Friday night

www.nwcn.com

Cle Elum, Wash. --Washington State and King County political leaders confirm State Senator Scott White has been found dead Friday night.

Senator White, a Democrat from Seattle, was found dead in his hotel room at Suncadia Resort in Kittitas County. His consultant says White was attending a Seattle Chamber of Commerce event at the resort.

Senator White was the Majority Whip and Vice-Chair of the State Transportation Committee.

The cause of death is unknown at this time.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.seattlepi.com

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Just a young guy to be found dead in a hotel room. It makes me think there were some shenanigans going on. Whether foul play or misadventure I would say that this state senator was doing something he shouldn't have been.

However, it is possible it was a stroke or heart attack or something. Just have to wait until details come out.

Scott White

www.nwcn.com
edit on 22-10-2011 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Thats too bad I hope republican takes his seat
JK!!!!

No really was it foul play>?

These people are dying off like flies!!!

Iran sent an assassin? Lets not start the conspiracy theories yet.

I hope his family is OK.
edit on 22-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Oh man.

This will be a story in my area (Seattle).

I will try to remember to add anything I hear, but others more on top of it may beat me to it.

This certainly does not look like something anyone was expecting.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

Just a young guy to be found dead in a hotel room. It makes me think there were some shenanigans going on. Whether foul play or misadventure I would say that this state senator was doing something he shouldn't have been.

However, it is possible it was a stroke or heart attack or something. Just have to wait until details come out.

Scott White

www.nwcn.com
edit on 22-10-2011 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

That you would take such a leap to wrongdoing while admitting the very real possibility that it was natural causes is disheartening. This gentleman leaves behind a wife and two young children, so my thoughts are with the family in this tough time.

That said, he was pretty popular, having won election with 71% of the vote, and was active in charity work and the community. Even works with CityYear and helped set up EarthCorps, a local park and environment cleanup group. Seems like a good guy from what I can see. Seattle and the State of Washington have lost a leader.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Any connection to the death of the prince in Saudi?

Hey, this IS a conspiracy theory site. I have a tinfoil hat and everything.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

As far as I know the Saud prince who just died had cancer.

I don't think the two deaths are related.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by greygary

Why is it disheartening? He was young, by all accounts in good health, at a convention/conference in a hotel. We all know what happens when people go to conventions. They party.

I don't think it's that much of a leap to say that it is possible he was engaging in risky behaviour.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

Why is it disheartening? He was young, by all accounts in good health, at a convention/conference in a hotel. We all know what happens when people go to conventions. They party.

I don't think it's that much of a leap to say that it is possible he was engaging in risky behaviour.

He was 41. The fact that you leap over the #1 and #3 causes of death in the US (heart disease and stroke, respectively) and go straight to the negatives is disheartening. That our society has devolved to the point where a death is reason for random, unfounded speculation until proven otherwise is saddening.

And what accounts are you going off of? Not much out there on him, and I didn't see a link to his medical records. The fact is, our society sees heart attacks and strokes at 40 on the daily, even in seemingly healthy people, hence why they're deadly...if you expect a heart attack, you are better able to react to the initial symptoms. Alas, you heard hoof-beats and concluded that there's a zebra on the loose.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

They die in threes, ghadafi, saudi prince now this senator..

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Was he involved in anything that might be controversial enough to make him "commit suicide?"

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by nineix

They die in threes, ghadafi, saudi prince now this senator..

haha. the head of a country, the 2nd in line of another country, and a Washington state senator/city council member...

one of these things just doesn't belong...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I "leapt over it" because 41 year olds don't normally die from heart disease or stroke. Those conditions predominantly affect older persons.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Whether foul play or misadventure I would say that this state senator was doing something he shouldn't have been.

Holly Cow. I would have expected someone who has been on this site for several years, and has several thousand posts to at least do a little background research on this Senator before even suggesting that this man died from anything other then natural causes. It seems that a lot of members are in such a rush to get a breaking news post up before the next guy that we forget to do even some minimal background research.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Here is a link to all of the Bills sponsored by Senator Scott White in 2011.

Senator Whites sponsored Bills in 2011

This one did leap out .....

SB 5545 Addressing police investigations of commercial sexual exploitation of children and human trafficking.

Bill SB 5545

Guess time will tell if this is natural or a "natural" death, if you know what I mean and if the good Senator stepped on the wrong toes or not. RIP Senator White.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Well if he truly was a good of by and for the people type, then that could be one reason.
If he was really an environmentalist and a conservationist about forest destruction in the state of Washington, then that could be another answer.
Politicians are usually done in away from home. They found him the next day, when did he die? And how come there is no press release about cause yet? Cause they preparing a "statement". Let us know what the "official" line reads.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
fukushima radiation?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

This statement is uttery inaccurate. Forty one year olds die of heart attacks and strokes all the time. Hell I have had three friends cop it like that and they were under the age of thirty at the time. Biologicaly , you just never know when your gonna go more often than not. Of course we havent enough data to say wether this was natural causes or not, and even if the poor fellow died of a heart attack you have to be suspicious simply because there are that many heart attack causing chemical compounds out there.

But its not true to sy that forty one year olds do not die of heart attacks and strokes. Its actualy an alarmingly common occurance, especialy in the states, where the average weight of a citizen is approximately a quater of the weight of a naval aircraft carrier.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

I didn't see much in there out of the norm. even that child exploitation bill is pretty basic. one thing i did notice is that it allows one party consent for the intercept/recording on authorization of a police shift supervisor. this is a deviation from the standard in Washington, which is 2 party consent.

But the bill went through 5 months ago, and it was cosponsored by half a dozen other senators, passed both houses, and was signed into law, so to target him now is way late and way short. doesn't pass the smell test

--oops. that was 5546 that passed. 5545 is still out there, reintroduced in april. my bad

edit on 22-10-2011 by greygary because: oops

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Then we have Mason County Commissioner Lingle not more than just a few months back. Both of these men were noted individuals up here, and were very involved in their respective communities. They were also close in age. Maybe there's a connection somewhere?

I feel sorry for his family.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join