It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I have NO repsect for smokers...none at all!! they cause Disease and Death to those around!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I'm very late to the debate so I'm sure anything I say will get lost amongst the masses, but I must.

I am a smoker. My best friends Mother, who never smoked a day in her life, is dying of about 8 different diseases that I SHOULD HAVE. And me? I never even had the flu. My ASTHMA was caused by anesthesia (gall bladder surgery, not smoking related).

I would gladly give her all the years I have left. But that doesn't have anything to do with my smoking either.

I smoke cause I want to smoke.

And there are plenty of near identical stories of people dying of cancer who never smoked, and people living to the ripe old age of 80 while not only smoking, but including other damaging chemicals you failed to mention.

You can find some of those stories in the following thread......

You'll live just as long if you drink or smoke

But then I believe what I want to believe, just like you're also entitled to your wrong opinion.

Lastly - nice videos
it won't work though
I once smoked a pack of cigarettes with a rotting lung right on the pack
oh look I found it! (I can't read it, I'm American, was given to me from a friend, I don't know where he got it)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
yes they are horrible for you but there is something about the smell of cigarettes outside...love it...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Do you despise overweight/obese people too because they're killing themselves with food? Lots of bad habits cause disease and death. I know plenty of people who are addicted to food, caffeine, alcohol, etc....do I hate them because of their choices? No. None of us are perfect and to think otherwise you are living a dream. I'm sure even you have an unhealthy habit.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
But of course. I have no problem with you exercising your speech. Just keep it verbal.

You haven't met many Scotians, have you?
If you were smoking around non-smokers, especially kids, you would either move or be moved. There's no reason to pollute their environment.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

I always ask before lighting one with someone around. I DO know and clearly remember how annoying second-hand smoke can be.

But for you and your attitude, I'd happily make an exception.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Ok seriously.
Yeah, smoking is bad for you.

So is alcohol, perhaps even more so.... Let's compare deaths involved with smoking and liquor...

Also, lets look at prescription drugs; and while we're on the drug topic, illegal drugs...
Not to mention, petty things like caffeine *which is also a drug, but we'll ignore that for a sec*

Point being: yeah, we get it. There are substances out there that are harmful to our health, but for some reason we CHOOSE to do them....

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

It's not what goes into your mouth that defiles you, but that which comes out of it that makes you "unclean"-Jesus Christ

In regards to the OP. They have the right of freewill and can do whatever they please, and i have the right to go somewhere else and breath clean air, or as clean as the air can possibly be in our day and age (chemtrails folks, chemtrails!).

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Jepic
But of course. I have no problem with you exercising your speech. Just keep it verbal.

You haven't met many Scotians, have you?
If you were smoking around non-smokers, especially kids, you would either move or be moved. There's no reason to pollute their environment.

Sure! Whatever you say...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six

Originally posted by Veritas1
reply to post by Six6Six

I really don't mean any disrespect, but why are you worried about smokers and smoke? It seems to me that you should get be getting ready for it, considering where you are going?

HAHA I actually liked that bit of humor. Yes I am going to hell. But as I once said....

"Hell is where all the interesting people are"

Most of you will be there when you realize you dont matter to your god.

But thanks for the humor!!

Do you think that you matter to yours? There is no Satan without God... there is no hell without Heaven. They are both biblical subjects from the same religious paradigm. Hell may be full of interesting people... and they are all suffering together, but at least it's interesting. Enjoy your self indulgent existence while it lasts, because when you get to where you hope to go, second hand smoke will be the least of your concerns.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
My son calls me the last of the girl scouts.. because I never smoked or drank alcohol..What I do drink is water, milk, (love milk, I was raised on a farm) and 2 cups of coffee a day. Sounds good and healthy, don't it? But..I don't have bottled water all the time to drink and have to use tap water to drink and use to make coffee.
Now all of you know that tap water in town is full of chemicals and the milk I drink ..well what do they feed those cows??? Coffee has caffeine and other chemicals in it. So do the foods we eat from the Food markets!!
To me as a non-smoker the smell of cigarette smoke is just not pleasant to smell and hangs in the air.
But so does food smells that you can't stand to smell that are cooking . When my grandchildren are here with me I don't cook cabbage!! (I like cabbage) One of them actually threw up once when he came in unexpected and smelled cabbage cooking.
...For every action there is a reaction ...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I have an extreme dislike for self rightous people who think they can tell others what to do....it makes me angry, and my blood pressure goes up..... maybe I'll have a heart attack......therefore self rightous people are no better than murderers and rapists. You are threatening my health by making my blood pressure go up! How dare you!

Sounds silly doesn't it? I understand what you're saying but comparing smokers to pedophiles and murderers is a bit much. I do agree people should not smoke around children or in enclosed spaces where non smokers are. But as long as they are considerate, and don't blow smoke in other's faces, I don't care one way or another..
edit on 10/22/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
You can hold what ever opinion you wish; in regards to smokers.

But what should REALLY tick you off... is that... Cigarettes represent everything that is wrong with mankind right now.

Here we have a product that is Emotionally/Mentally, Physically, and Chemically addictive. In fact; it is far more addictive than Heroin, Cocaine, and Marijuana... COMBINED.

To the smoker (and I fall under this category); they attach smoking with other habits... like eating, sex, drinking, waking, sleeping, etc... this further strengthens the attachment to the action of smoking.

With Cigarettes in America you can discuss... Science, Health, Commerce, Tax, Psychology, Addiction, Manipulation, Greed.... the Apocalypse... the list is endless!

I foresee the Cigarette... being the one thing that is truly going to wake this nation up...

Soft-Kill weapon anyone?

Our future generations will see this part of our history as a definitive weapon of World War III.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
to anyone who thinks 2nd hand smoke kills -

name 1 person that has been killed by it. and i mean name them personally, just one person and the proof they died of 2nd hand smoke.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
y....yo....you mean you don't like me?

edit on 22/10/11 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
y....yo....you mean you don't like me?

edit on 22/10/11 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

I do. But then again you are also a Marvel superhero.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
From Murders to Rapists to pedophiles. each of these groups has injected their evil into other peoples lives. I think that smokers should be ranked next to these groups. The EFFECTS of passive smoking are very serious. The diseases it can and does cause are a blight on innocent people who do not live their life being a slave to a drug.

The diseases it causes in people who breathe in smoke from these smokers is a real cause for concern.

Smokers all deny this.
But in reality they are more of a danger than pedophiles. The chances of any of you on ATS (as most are adults) being abused by a pedophile are miniscule. However, the chances of you being abused by a smokers smoke are very high.

WOOOOOW. What bold statements.

By the way, this is my first post at ATS. I've been lurking for a while. You've offended me enough to sign up.

Smokers are more of a danger than pedophiles? I believe this is the second time you've made this ridiculous statement.

First of which, I am a smoker. I'm in the process of quitting, but that isn't the issue.

The issue is that your opinion is highly offensive and you would NEVER compare me to a Pedo face-to-face. I tend to actually be a very respectful smoker. I do not blow it in your face, I do not push it upon people. I do not FORCE anyone to partake.

And for you to make the connection between smokers, rapists and pedophiles is simply astounding.

You truly believe that me smoking a cigarette and raping someone (possibly a child) is equal?!?! Good grief....

I understand that it isn't healthy - but what makes your belief so RIGHT? Why are you so strong to believe these stupid things?

Ask anyone who has been raped if they'd rather someone smoke around them or RAPE them again.
edit on 22-10-2011 by Beauser because: Adding some more...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

If smoking did not have an effect on innocent people who do not smoke I would not have a problem. However, as I said in another thread I have been on the receiving end off a smokers smoke. When I live a healthy life why do I have to put up with others trying to ruin it. Well I put a stop to that guy smoking but unfortunately I got arrested and LUCKILY let off with a caution. Anyway that guy did not care that what he was doing was risking my health and basically said to me in front of the police to "go F myself". Well he is now sucking food through a straw and I have a charge against me for the time being. Again luck is on my side and the desk Sargent who bailed me while they "gather more evidence" happens to be the co-chair of one of my groups who meet monthly. But the point is I was wronged by someone who does not care to think of others. I asked him to blow his smoke else where in the other direction and he chose not too. Karma baby!

I've had this situation happen before.

Been sitting outside on the patio at a restaurant. Smoking a cigarette and a 'gentleman' a few tables down says "Would you put that out?" I simply stated, "You can go inside, I'll be finished in a few minutes"

I wish you'd have bumped into me and tried your 'hostile' ways. You would have gotten embarrassed in front of your friends and or family. And then, I'd blow the smoke in your face, you hateful bigot.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gamesmaster63

Originally posted by RainbeauBleu
Did you notice you are in the RANT FORUM?

Yes, but he started this post in Diseases and Pandemics, not the place such a rant belonged. If he had placed it in Rants to begin with, many of us would probably have just ignored it.

It might be time for ATS to start a new forum, Hate, then those of us that chose to learn and understand will know what forum to avoid.

Are you devoid of anything that makes you matter? Hating people who cause harm via smoking is an attitude shared by many people who have helped ban your behavior in many cities round the world.

In fact the UK government is thinking of BANNING smoking in homes and cars....I will and have written a letter of support for this law. Non smokers will go on to receive monetary rewards for reporting offenders.

A man with a view...ban smoking in homes with children!!

We have to make this happen. Its the responsible thing to do. The Chief Medical officer for wales Dr Jewell said

As a society, creating such a measure is a powerful statement of intent about our commitment to the health of our children. 'It could be seen as the final piece of the protection picture or at least adding to the growing public consensus on the social acceptability of smoking.' He said smokers 'know that smoking is a dangerous habit, but choose to ignore the facts'. He said children had an increased risk of asthma and cot death when exposed to second-hand smoke - as well as being more likely to light-up themselves in adulthood.

Very wise words by an educated medical practitioner. For those who challenge this type of ban, under the invasion of privacy act, go ahead. Your right to harm others ended your rights to privacy just as Michael Ross's rights ended when he did what he did!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Beauser

By the way, this is my first post at ATS. I've been lurking for a while. You've offended me enough to sign up.

They all say this..I have been lurking for a while. I highly doubt that. Maybe double usernames.!!

Anyway you are the 3rd person to join ATS because of my threads. I should start asking for a referral fee.

Mr Overlord, do I qualify for a referral fee. 3 people have actual joined ATS because of my thread in order to have their say and I think that if anymore join I should be entitled to at least some points or a big smiley face.

Thanks for joining son.

First of which, I am a smoker. I'm in the process of quitting, but that isn't the issue

In the process of quitting?!?!?!?! What do you mean?

Its simple. Don't smoke. How hard is that? DO NOT PICK UP A CIGARETTE AGAIN!. In the process. You make it sound like its on a to do list and you are sort of getting round to it. With that kind of attitude you surely will fail. You need positive thought boy. Think of how much better you could feel. How you will NOT have dog breath all day. How you will not smell like a bag of turd. How you will not look like a loser with a smoke hanging out of your mouth. Lots of reasons....pick some or invent your own. SIMPLE

And comparing smokers to other types of harmful people is a way to express that smoking is a serious danger to other people and NOT just the offender. A rapist may rape 4 people then when he is caught his punishment is jail for X amount of years. Never enough. But a smokers crime is that their smoke attack many people over a long period of time say 15 years as a smoker. But their punishment at the moment is nothing but Cancer or some other disease. When is it going to be likened to a premeditated ATTACK on someone. I think very soon it will happen.
edit on 22-10-2011 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Well said...I smoke also and know the garbage i'm inhaling is not all natural. I've attempted and consider quitting more often than not. And actually have become more aware of it from your site here....not this thread however.

Anyway thanks for throwing some brands out there that i may consider.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join