It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I have NO repsect for smokers...none at all!! they cause Disease and Death to those around!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I have no respect for people who have no respect for others.

I don't drink alcohol, and before you say "you can't get second hand drunk" you -can- get second hand bottled by some crazy dude for zero reason. again, what bill hicks said, and again, each to his or her own.

ed: we had a presentation at college against smoking and even they admited its the chems tabacco companies add to 'prolong the cigarettes burning period' that cause harm, not the tobacco itself, though no one can be sure of that because you can't get it pure anymore.
edit on 22/10/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Are smokers slowly killing themselves? Yes. But that is their decision, and not something for you to dictate.
To call an individual disgusting because they smoke is despicable on your part, and i'm sure the same disrespect will come your way in the not so distant future. Karma works both ways chump....

I do not smoke, but have friends, family, and co-workers that smoke on a regular basis. When they smoke they are in a designated area, outdoors, that I have the ability to stay away from if I want. They may smell after, but that does not change my opinion of who they are as a person.

It amazes me that someone like the OP post's here on ATS. Isn't this a place for people with open minds, not block heads with ridiculous agendas.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Let's get rid of perfume too.

Oh, and ugly people, badly behaved animals, old cars, old people, lawnmowers .......

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

If you're going to be all condensing then so will I'll.
reply to post by Mcupobob

What?

con·dense (kn-dns) v. con·densed, con·dens·ing, con·dens·es v.tr. 1. To reduce the volume or compass of. 2. To make more concise; abridge or shorten. 3. Physics a. To cause (a gas or vapor) to change to a liquid. b. To remove water from (milk, for example). v.intr. 1. To become more compact. 2. To undergo condensation.

How am I being condensing?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Smoking is not as prevalent as it once was. And..smoking in public places is designated also. It is safer for all with the new rules in the public for smoking.
Smoking at home is a choice that has to be made with your family in mind.
As I said in my last post , I am a non.smoker. Most of the people that I know who smoke always ask if it is alright to smoke around me. I ask that they please smoke outside.and they are respectful of my decision. Those that do light up a cigarette, I politely ask they smoke outside. No problem.
The same with alcohol...no one comes to my house with alcohol. This is the type of respect I am talking about. Make sure your choices do not affect others negatively...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RainbeauBleu

Sorry that was suppose to say.

condescending

Acting in a way that betrays a feeling of patronizing superiority

edit on 10/22/2011 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
You know how this thread looks to me? Like that saying: One retard throws a rock in the river, 10 smart people can't pull it out.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Smokers are weak,
kill other with their useless smoke,
constantly say things like : "we have to die anyway" or "there are worst things then that",
pollute more then non-smokers,
are more susceptible to disease, which can be transited to other smokers or non-smokers,
smokers like to back each other up in their drug addiction,
smokers can't even think right when they are in need,
the list goes on and on.

Say all you want smokers, but there is nothing advantageous about smoking.
Lie to yourselves all you want, but you are a problem and are dragging down others in the problems you create.

Blinded by your addiction, you think non-smokers are taking away your liberty when all smokers do is kill themselves, the environment and the people around the world.

Smoking is bad, period,
Bash me all you want smokers, keep taking the hand of sin and disease, find other weak pathetic excuses for your drug addiction and why it's "not that bad" to lower the quality of life of everyone around you.

The OP is extremist, but at least he's not blinded by addiction.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

i'm sure the same disrespect will come your way in the not so distant future. Karma works both ways chump....
reply to post by TheRealTruth84

How can you tell that the OP is sowing bad karma? Maybe the smokers are reaping the effects of their own bad karma with their feelings of violation about OP's post! Did you talk to "God"?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

It seems as if you're taking generalizations very personally. You stated that you only smoked in your own car and home. You're not the offending type of smoker. Maybe my rant would be better directed at inconsiderate clods without a behavior attached. Smoking is an easy target.

What has changed about smoking is that smokers feel attacked by no smoking rules and other people. So, that's why I never bring it up in person. It's usually a trigger that brings out a rage about being 'controlled' and 'freedom'.

I stand on my point.

Your freedoms end where anothers' begin.

If people are sensitive to toxic nail polish fumes and have asthma, (if I polished my nails with that type of polish..I don't) I wouldn't dream of screaming at them about my freedoms and their need to repress me if they told me it bothered them. (unless I was a narcissistic witch). Not all, but most smokers I know would respond like that.

Isn't that a little weird?

Respect. Compassion. Consideration.

We all deserve it.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by whatsinaname

I have no respect for people who have no respect for others.

Then you have no respect for people.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Everybody's having so much fun calling each other names that I kind of hate to post and interrupt the flow. But I did notice that the thread wasn't originally about smokers hurting themselves, but second-hand smoke hurting others.

The OP was based on, apparently, the 1993 EPA report which contained the mentioned findings. I'm sure you know those findings were heavily criticized.

In checking around for information on this thread I found this:

Fact: In 1998 Judge William Osteen vacated the study - declaring it null and void after extensively commentating on the shoddy way it was conducted. His decision was 92 pages long.

Fact: Osteen used the term "cherry-picking" to describe he way the EPA selected their data. "First, there is evidence in the record supporting the accusation that EPA "cherry picked" its data. Without criteria for pooling studies into a meta- analysis, the court cannot determine whether the exclusion of studies likely to disprove EPA's a priori hypothesis was coincidence or intentional. Second, EPA's excluding nearly half of the available studies directly conflicts with EPA's purported purpose for analyzing the epidemiological studies and conflicts with EPA's Risk Assessment Guidelines."

Fact: Osteen found other deep flaws in the the EPA's methodology. In his judgment he stated: "The record and EPA's explanations to the court make it clear that using standard methodology, EPA could not produce statistically significant results with its selected studies.
(emphasis added)
EPA '93 Report May I add that this is a very informative and easy to use site.

Certainly, continue to hurl insults, that can be lots of fun, even though it's not to my taste. But I think the OP needs to be considered well on its way to being debunked. (If not there already.)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I guess we should expect nothing less from a pompous, self deluded megalomaniac with delusions of superiority over his fellow human beings.

Especially one who has chosen to worship another being (real or not), that is the enemy of of the three major monotheistic religions. (real or not). It says a lot about you.

It is creatures such as yourself who have continually aided in the division of humanity, and looked down your nose at those you consider beneath you. Much to the pleasure of your real flesh and blood masters, whom you serve well in ignorance.

I have NO respect for anyone who has done more to aid in the destruction of humanity as much as those who like you have a condescending attitude toward others. You are a sociopath from what I've seen of your posts on ATS. And a danger to yourself and others.
edit on 10/22/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Did you notice you are in the RANT FORUM?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by RainbeauBleu
Maybe my rant would be better directed at inconsiderate clods...

Interesting, because to me the epitome of an inconsiderate clod is someone who demands that other people conform to his personal wishes.

Do you honestly expect everyone to respect your intolerance?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I'm not sure that Rainbeaublue and Six6Six aren't the same troll. Style of writing and hate mongering are about the same.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

An average of 195,000 people in the USA died due to potentially preventable, in-hospital medical errors in each of the years 2000, 2001 and 2002, according to a new study of 37 million patient records that was released today by HealthGrades, the healthcare quality company.

Source

3000 a year!! Really? Dollars to donuts the death cert does NOT say "second hand smoke".....maybe the attending physician accidentally KILLED them.

edit on 22-10-2011 by type0civ because: added link

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
When I smoke, I try to be considerate and do it in a place where non smokers aren't present. This hateful post makes me reconsider. There is a child daycare on campus with an outdoor playground. I think I'm going to go find a new smoking spot by them. Just because of you.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
First They Came for the Jews... And I said Nothing Because I Was Not a Jew...

Ah, the good Germans.

I have seen enough of my rights eroded, I will keep my right of self-determination.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
I guess we should expect nothing less from a pompous, self deluded megalomaniac with delusions of superiority over his fellow human beings.

Especially one who has chosen to worship another being (real or not), that is the enemy of of the three major monotheistic religions. (real or not). It says a lot about you.

Is OP a Satanist? Who cares? It's about freedom and it's not hurting anyone. I love OP's default. I think Santa is a thinly veiled anagram of Satan. It's my own belief that most major religions are essentially Babylonian Black Magic and Satanism. So what? You don't believe in freedom of thought and religion?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join