It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Theory and Practice of Oligarchical Collectivism by Goldstein - (How You Are Controlled)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
This is a must watch movie series. It's completely captivating.

Goldsteins book "THE THEORY AND PRACTICE OF OLIGARCHICAL COLLECTIVISM" comes from the movie 1984

edit on 22-10-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Sat Oct 22 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
You gotta watch this series it's really eye opening.

I'm on the 3rd clip right now.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Just to make things a little clearer:

"Emmanuel Goldstein" is a character in George Orwell's 1984.

"George Orwell" is, in turn, the pen name for Eric Arthr Blair, a British subject born in India in 1903.

I dare say that his spirit may be more Indian that it is British!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

Thanks for the clarification Brother

In the 3rd clip the party controls history because they can rewrite history to suit thier goals. Historical facts can become non-facts simply because they are in control.

This is called reality control or double think

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Here's a thing about propaganda pieces. The playing of music in the background helps sway the listener to an interpretation of the spoken word that the speaker has in mind .
Truthful though all those words may be they are only part of of the propaganda piece.
The showing of images rounds out the three prong attack of this series.

The strong thread of Russian music , and being Russian how could it be anything but, runs through the series along with the acute images mostly of communist states.

These sounds and images have been ground into American culture so strongly, like pepper in your eye, that it is nearly impossible to not fall under it's spell.

For me, the argument needs to stand alone with out the persuasive attachments of music and images.

What ever truth these words might impart to a troubled world will be lost to true understanding by the clear limits imposed by the authors bias.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Do you work for the Minisitry of Love Brother?

The 4 ministries are explained in the 4th video

The Ministry of Love enforces loyalty and love of Big Brother through fear, a repressive apparatus, and brainwashing.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on Sat Oct 22 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I watched 4 of the videos. I am quite positive this collection of videos is supposed to be a hypnotic primer. The systematic repetion of words and short video clips are rather deliberate in their attempts of reinforecement to a particular idea. I would strongly urge people to pick out what country or group of people they are talking about when they speak of different topics and write down a log. One can directly correlate the intended propaganda or sentiment effectivly dismantling the hidden message.

I found it very hard to follow due to the wide berth of information and the monotone of the speaker and tended to focus on the pictures that flashed by in a seemingly hurried pace. This is in turn a great way to break down ones mental barriers to stop thinking objectively and soak it in at face value. It is a subtle form of conditioning. I compare it to context clues.... Whereby if one is missing information via speech one can correlate the missing or unintelligible jargon with the visual cues. The video is a plethora of information but I fear that it is barrage of indoctrination hidden in it message.

In interrogations the captor forces the captive to elicite info by deliberately keeping the captive off kilter. These videos have the elements of the said functions by making the viewer question but never long enough to grasp or have the inner mind deliberate whether what is said and shown good or bad reasoning. Try reading "Rape of the mind" by Joost A.M Meerloo to get a firm grasp of my reasoning for this paragraph

If you watch the movies I encourage one to take your time and pause it, dissect it and take notes on topics and visual cues. let your mind deliberate the hidden message to come to a logical conclusion with an open mind.

Thanks op for the insightful videos that are a cornucopia of insight and philosophical knowledge. S&F

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I appreciate the fact you recently read 1984 and or discovered these youtube videos, but what are you really contributing to this website, forum and discussion? It's good to be informed, but when you're informing others, check to make sure you aren't giving classes to the professor... they really don't appreciate that.

It's belittles the attempt to enact real change, or have real discussion. It's also possibly against the T&C. However, I wouldn't want to leave you without a suggestion, or change of pace.

Why didn't the book have an alternative to the paradigms it worked so hard to establish?

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Why didn't he ever suggest the reader recognize that the whole convincing world was constructed by the illusion of choice, and that a real free thinker would see right through the paradigm? A real free man doesn't play the rigged game, he gets up and walks away.

Chew on that

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by InformationAccount

This is a well organised series of videos that clearly exposes
the propaganda techniques employed by the Soviet Union and the Eastern Block countries
during the "Cold War" and which are still employed to this day.

Furthermore, the implications are that The United States of America is somehow complicent
in this nasty venture.

Please explain further what your ideas on this "Hybrid" rulership may be, their intentions,
and goals for the immediate future. I would really like to know, because it is clear that "they"
have completely dropped the ball and are now , scrambling to account for Complete mismanagement
of Modern Social Economics and Society at large.. Please Specify as to who "They Are" and "The Plan." As you infer.

I am not trying to discredit your viewpoint, it must be stated however, that "The Plan" as you have so put forth,
has been scrapped. Best Regards,

edit on 22-10-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Typo and Content add in.

edit on 22-10-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Grammar/Content

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by agentblue
I watched 4 of the videos. I am quite positive this collection of videos is supposed to be a hypnotic primer. The systematic repetion of words and short video clips are rather deliberate in their attempts of reinforecement to a particular idea. I would strongly urge people to pick out what country or group of people they are talking about when they speak of different topics and write down a log. One can directly correlate the intended propaganda or sentiment effectivly dismantling the hidden message.

I found it very hard to follow due to the wide berth of information and the monotone of the speaker and tended to focus on the pictures that flashed by in a seemingly hurried pace. This is in turn a great way to break down ones mental barriers to stop thinking objectively and soak it in at face value. It is a subtle form of conditioning. I compare it to context clues.... Whereby if one is missing information via speech one can correlate the missing or unintelligible jargon with the visual cues. The video is a plethora of information but I fear that it is barrage of indoctrination hidden in it message.

In interrogations the captor forces the captive to elicite info by deliberately keeping the captive off kilter. These videos have the elements of the said functions by making the viewer question but never long enough to grasp or have the inner mind deliberate whether what is said and shown good or bad reasoning. Try reading "Rape of the mind" by Joost A.M Meerloo to get a firm grasp of my reasoning for this paragraph

If you watch the movies I encourage one to take your time and pause it, dissect it and take notes on topics and visual cues. let your mind deliberate the hidden message to come to a logical conclusion with an open mind.

Thanks op for the insightful videos that are a cornucopia of insight and philosophical knowledge. S&F

You may be right. It may be a form of propaganda and brainwashing.

However it could be Black, White as described in part 5.
An example of this would be Black hand, White hand (Ref Serbia WWI)
Ref: en.wikipedia.org...
Ref: en.wikipedia.org...

Whether it is or isn't, this is a very effective message.

If one is already aware you can begin to see what is happening.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by InformationAccount

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire

Here's a thing about propaganda pieces. The playing of music in the background helps sway the listener to an interpretation of the spoken word that the speaker has in mind .
Truthful though all those words may be they are only part of of the propaganda piece.

The strong thread of Russian music , and being Russian how could it be anything but, runs through the series along with the acute images mostly of communist states.

These sounds and images have been ground into American culture so strongly, like pepper in your eye, that it is nearly impossible to not fall under it's spell.

For me, the argument needs to stand alone with out the persuasive attachments of music and images.

What ever truth these words might impart to a troubled world will be lost to true understanding by the clear limits imposed by the authors bias.

Do you work for the Minisitry of Love Brother?

The 4 ministries are explained in the 4th video

The Ministry of Love enforces loyalty and love of Big Brother through fear, a repressive apparatus, and brainwashing.

en.wikipedia.org...

Why do you acuate me with totalinarism just because I point out a propaganda piece when I see and hear one?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry

It's good to be informed, but when you're informing others, check to make sure you aren't giving classes to the professor... they really don't appreciate that.

Why didn't he ever suggest the reader recognize that the whole convincing world was constructed by the illusion of choice, and that a real free thinker would see right through the paradigm? A real free man doesn't play the rigged game, he gets up and walks away.

I haven't read the book. Only seen the movie.

We saw an example of a free thinker walking away at the begininng of the 1984 movie.

We can also see an example in the prisoner.

I wasn't aware that we had professors on the board.

Are you a member of the Brotherhood or the Party sbctinfantry?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal

This is a well organised series of videos that clearly exposes the propaganda techniques employed by the Soviet Union and the Eastern Block countries during the "Cold War" and which are still employed to this day.

Furthermore, the implications are that The United States of America is somehow complicent in this nasty venture.

Clearly you have not viewed all of the videos.

An explaination that Black is White and White is Black can be seen in video #5

The question is are you willing to believe it brother?

Please explain further what your ideas on this "Hybrid" rulership may be, their intentions, and goals for the immediate future. I would really like to know, because it is clear that "they" have completely dropped the ball and are now , scrambling to account for Complete mismanagement of Modern Social Economics and Society at large.[

I am not trying to discredit your viewpoint, it must be stated however, that "The Plan" as you have so put forth,
has been scrapped.

Please refer to video #3 which explains reality control. The party claims they control everything, but in reality they do not control everything, so they must constantly make adjustments.

Please Specify as to who "They Are" and "The Plan." As you infer.

To explain that is an excercise in futility Brother.

Dispensation of this information is tolerated, even though it is forbidden and frowned upon.

Even still it is a complete waste of time.

You see the party is in full control at all time.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
War Shortages of goods for the population is good (Chapter 3, part 3)

Post for my own reference

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Well The Party is certainly in control on Friday and Saturday Nights in Vienna,Paris,and Budapest.
Clearly, for the rest of the week , the Party is rowing a Sinking Greek Ship.

As far as information frowned upon, I consider this a retreat of validity on your behalf. As Discretion is policy.
You can always U2U me in private to explain your chosen stance.

Just Remember, There is always McSorleys Alehouse in NYC, the oldest bar in New York, U.S.A.
We can settle our differences there. At a table with diplomacy, or outside on 7th Street.
My invitation stands, and the first round of Ale is on me.
Regards, Wildmanimal

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by InformationAccount
This is a must watch movie series. It's completely captivating.

In the 4th video of Part 3 we learn that War is of vital necessity to the Nation.

All party members are expected to support the war.

Whether or not the war is taking place, going well or going badly does not matter.

All that matters is that a state of war exists.

In fact most of the population is expected to continue about thier business as if the war is not actually happening, while in reality the war is happening.

Besides supporting the war all party members are expected to support the increased use of police surveillence upon party members and non-party members.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Point taken. But, have you ever TRIED to talk about this stuff with someone who has been brainwashed by "their" propaganda? Sometimes it takes fire to fight fire. If propaganda was used to promote peace and health... (by our "leaders") Well, at least we would be in a lot better shape than we are now...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

In the early 60's my uncle took me to see a movie. It was the" Manchurian Candidate", and I was in high school.
He had also read and insisted that I read a book written in 1957 titled "The Hidden Persuaders" by Vance Packard.l Both the movie and the book helped to greatly prepare me for a future in which propaganda was an everyday affair.

Using propaganda does not teach people how to think. It teaches them how to react to chemical stimulants in the brain excreted when we are emotionally manipulated. These people then have not learned to combat the enemies tactics but rather to remain captive to the Pavlovian responses of their ancestral brains.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

reply to post by 3n19m470

Using propaganda does not teach people how to think. It teaches them how to react to chemical stimulants in the brain excreted when we are emotionally manipulated. These people then have not learned to combat the enemies tactics but rather to remain captive to the Pavlovian responses of their ancestral brains.

The unwashed masses are brain dead and easily deceived.

If you want to win you fight proaganda with proaganda.

There is truth in propaganda, it is mearly the presentation that you have a problem with.

The party does exist and they have ruled over you for 1,000's of years. Whether or not you believe it it is redundant really.

American Standard Version

Ephesians 6:12 For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world-rulers of this darkness, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places .

1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the vain glory of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Ask yourself where do want to be 100 years from now?

What are you willing to do to get there?

edit on 26-10-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Oh sorry. I thought I might learn something here.
Never mind.

<<   2 >>

join