It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vets try protecting OWS Boston from police beatings

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by nightstalker78
These 'protesters; are the ignorant ones. And they think they're entitled to something.

Yeah they're entitled to something. A country free from warmongering, greedy thieves saving the bankers asses while the population is out of work, starving, and forced to pay for the bankers own mistakes. Damn straight they are entitled to something. And if the government isn't going to listen and respond to these protests with brute force, one day a million guns are going to descend from the hills.

Oh absolutely, finally someone speaking some sense. OF COURSE THEY"RE ENTITLED TO SOMETHING. What on earth gave anyone the idea that they are NOT entitled to something? How ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I've had my day interuppted enough by you people. And that's where my issue comes in. I go to work to support my family. Don't get in my way. I haven't done a damn thing to you,so it's only fair you stay out of my way.

They got a big protest down in the Sunshine State we haven't heard of? I think you're full of it.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

I don't have employment issues, but if I did, I would not work for Mcdonalds. By the time you drive there, you make so little that the first 4 hours of your shift cover the trip to work, and the last 4 cover the trip home. That's the problem!

link   

I am not part of this protest, I am not blogging about, for the most part I am not following it other than the occasional peek here and there and you know what, I have no right to slam them or judge them. We have laws and for the most part they are needed but this is a 'protest'. By definition they are supposed to disobey most laws in order to draw attention to whatever their cause may be. Great, now you got me lecturing you.. I do not have a passion for what they are doing so I keep my nose out of it, do you have a passion for what they are doing? I would be interested in hearing your case for why you are wanting them to all go home and get jobs. I certainly hope it is a good, honest reason, we do need to hear both sides to all arguments.

link   

Originally posted by sir_slide

They are protesting corporate greed.

Corporate greed is directly responsible for many of the awful things that we see happening every day globally. So yes, to suggest that the whole thing is 'bs' is completely ignorant. And to basically say that they are lazy hippies without jobs (the basic gist of what you're saying) is just offensive. I have been to the protests in my city, and guess what? I have a job, I pay taxes and am pretty clean cut. I find your sentiments to be very ignorant and I hate to say it but rather immature and superficial.

I can understand the whole corporate greed thing.And I stand by what I said. They're mostly dirty hippies,who don't work. Don't pay taxes. Sit and smoke weed all day...then want to complain they can't find work. Obviously you're the exception and you seem to take my words personally.So obviously I've hit a nerve. Perhaps you know I'm right.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

It's totally shameful and completely unproductive to arrest these people, especially when violent handling ensues. Whoever is arrested, when released, will be just that much more determined to protest, and all the people that aren't arrested, will still be there.

Arresting the protesters does nothing but waste the time of the police who could be out chasing after the real criminals.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

They did. Look it up. Orlando. And who said I don't travel? Way to assume dude

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater

this whole 'ows' crap needs to end. And nowhere in that article did I see anything remotely what your title suggests.Police have a job to do.This is the US.We follow laws. Don't like it,move In the mean time these 'protesters' need to go home and take a shower.And get a job. And stop blaming lifes problems on everyone else.

ETA Where's the proof they'r being 'violently' attacked by police? Too funny.

edit on 22-10-2011 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

What about all the protesters who already have jobs?

Where is your proof that they aren't being violently attached because if you want proof that they are just go on youtube and in the search bar type police attach protesters... If you dare to learn the truth... there are plenty of videos that shows from start to end the types of things protesters are getting beaten and arrested for doing and none of it is being violent towards police unless you think standing in the street is being violent or yelling if so then yes the police are doing a great job at beating and arresting all those violent people who are standing around and yelling and holding signs... how dare they exercise free speech and the right to protest where do you think we are.. Oh wait we are in america I thought you could still do that here? Guess not

I don't need proof of anything. Like I've stated,you break law and with warning you get what's coming to you. I think you need to learn the truth.If you truly believe that these 'protesters' aren't causing a problem,then you're the one that needs to do some research. I'm sick of this. I've had my day interuppted enough by you people. And that's where my issue comes in. I go to work to support my family. Don't get in my way. I haven't done a damn thing to you,so it's only fair you stay out of my way.

I have never gotten in your way, how do you know they are breaking laws? are you there with them watching? I have done plenty of research the protesters may be causing small problems for very few people but they are standing up for the very many people that they represent in america.

Why is it you ask for proof and I tell you how to get it and you say you do not need proof because you believe what you believe and basically do not care whether or not I could prove to you that they are not breaking laws..

It is people like yourself that have let this country get to where it is today... Just keep working on that career while you still can I hope you have allot of money in the bank because when its worthless and the government tells you SORRY that wont put food on your table.. You will then be worried about standing in line with everyone else waiting on your daily rations from the government if they have them that is....

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Having been born and raised and currently living in Boston, the irony of these protests has not been lost on me.

Oh the irony!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

I don't have employment issues, but if I did, I would not work for Mcdonalds. By the time you drive there, you make so little that the first 4 hours of your shift cover the trip to work, and the last 4 cover the trip home. That's the problem!

There is the problem. Why wouldn't you work for mcdonalds? It's money coming in is it not? Would you rather spend your time on the streets like these clowns? Instead of making money? See,that's my point.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

you've hit a nerve with me as well. i make 6,000 dollars a month. i fully agree with the reasoning behind ows.
not a revolution.... although to end the source of the problem, it would probably come down to it.
there should be no such thing as corporate lobbyists and bankers who pay off politicians. those people should rot in hell and yet even if they are openly caught doing something wrong. they go unpunished. they take my fathers home away, my 17 year old sister has to pay almost a thousand dollars a month in diabetic supplies. the government supports these #heads with this wrongfully taken money. theres a million examples out there if you crawl out of your cave. those are just 2 personal ones directly from me.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

There is the problem. Why wouldn't you work for mcdonalds? It's money coming in is it not? Would you rather spend your time on the streets like these clowns? Instead of making money? See,that's my point.

Because they are part of the reason people are protesting. Do you have no morality? No sense of duty? No backbone? I would never work for mcdonalds, and I refuse to be a slave to a company that is directly responsible for many of the things that I personally think are rotten in this world. Period

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

When gas costs 3 bucks a gallon and you make 6 bucks an hour, trying to support yourself on that is POINTLESS! Try paying rent on that kind of pay. That's your problem. You've lost perspective! Just like many other middle aged well to do people.
edit on 22-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

It's totally shameful and completely unproductive to arrest these people, especially when violent handling ensues.

Not to mention illegal. Not that "rights" hold any importance whatsoever anymore. We live in a society full of authoritarians that relish in having control over others.

Article XIX. The people have a right, in an orderly and peaceable manner, to assemble to consult upon the common good; give instructions to their representatives, and to request of the legislative body, by the way of addresses, petitions, or remonstrances, redress of the wrongs done them, and of the grievances they suffer.

-Constitution of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

yeah lol. i live paycheck to paycheck (on that same 6,000) with my wife and 2 kids. its $500.00 every 2 weeks for groceries. i cannot fathom how the average make it in life. at least i can keep the wife at home on my 1 income to raise my children the old fashioned way. gasoline is 50.00 a week or more(with a modest 4 door 4 cyl vehicle), i can keep going.
edit on 22-10-2011 by PrecisionX because: car

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Corporate greed is directly responsible for many of the awful things that we see happening every day globally. So yes, to suggest that the whole thing is 'bs' is completely ignorant. And to basically say that they are lazy hippies without jobs (the basic gist of what you're saying) is just offensive. I have been to the protests in my city, and guess what? I have a job, I pay taxes and am pretty clean cut. I find your sentiments to be very ignorant and I hate to say it but rather immature and superficial.

I can understand the whole corporate greed thing.And I stand by what I said. They're mostly dirty hippies,who don't work. Don't pay taxes. Sit and smoke weed all day...then want to complain they can't find work. Obviously you're the exception and you seem to take my words personally.So obviously I've hit a nerve. Perhaps you know I'm right.

And who are you to say that? That is just a blatant generalization, one that is very superficial. Dirty hippies who don't have jobs? How old are you? You seem to have a very limited scope....

You haven't hit nerve with me at all, I just don't like people who throw out this kind of rubbish and expect me to take it on board, you're perpetuating a very limited viewpoint that is not helping anyone but yourself, in your state of understanding that is in my view, incredibly immature, limited and superficial.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

When gas costs 3 bucks a gallon and you make 6 bucks an hour, trying to support yourself on that is POINTLESS! Try paying rent on that kind of pay. That's your problem. You've lost perspective!
edit on 22-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

Pulease. Go to college,get a degree.Make more money. And don't tell me I've lost perspective. Try making $7 and hour,raising a daughter,without any help. In a one bedroom apartment no less. I did it. Yea,gas is expensive.That's life. Rent? Bills? I call that being an adult and being responsible. I won't say what I make exactly now,buti t's between $15 -$20 an hour now. I take care of my daughter.And manage to pay for everything else.I did it on my own. And I'm proud of that.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Now who's talking about BS? I roomed with two other people in the cheapest place we could find, and we still went hungry at times. I don't know what world you live in, but if $7 an hour can raise a kid there, I wanna go! I made $10 an hour at that time.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

And who are you to say that? That is just a blatant generalization, one that is very superficial. Dirty hippies who don't have jobs? How old are you? You seem to have a very limited scope....

You haven't hit nerve with me at all, I just don't like people who throw out this kind of rubbish and expect me to take it on board, you're perpetuating a very limited viewpoint that is not helping anyone but yourself, in your state of understanding that is in my view, incredibly immature, limited and superficial.

I'm old enough to realize that these people have no idea what they're protesting. Except to intefere with my and everyone other honest working persons life.I don't owe these people anything. Take it washington dc.And stay out of my way and let me live my life. I owe you nothing.Nor am I the reason for your protest.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
Dont you know that once you leave the military and are no longer fighting for your country that no one gives a crap about you anymore? Why would cops and government care about you, now you are against them rather then doing their bidding so you get beat with the rest of the cattle back into your cage.

You have a point here. Returning vets were declared a threat to DHS per Janet Napolitano. That was some time ago though, when Tea Partiers were still regularly out holding signs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join