It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vets try protecting OWS Boston from police beatings

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I offer this in support of my case.

www.nytimes.com...

Well, it's exactly as I said -- they get a tax break for taking the enormous financial risks of exploring new areas for oil. Nothing wrong with that, imo. It's actually a tax break for all of us, since corps pass taxes on to the customer in the form of higher prices anyway.

No, there are ways, and reasons, to reform the oilcos, but not this way. We can start with an intelligent energy policy and opening drill baby drill.

and you sir could use a review of this

www.abovetopsecret.com... no. 13

I thought you were above such trashy transparent tactics..............guess not!

A clear case of letting your ideology get in the way of your common sense.

That link takes me to a list of fave ATS topics???

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by YouSir

So are you advocating for the protestors to attack the police (corporate enforcers)???

Because I don't think that is the official stance of OWS....is it?

Ummm.....Not at all.....not at...this time..............Nor do I agree with alot of "why" they're protesting. I have not attended any of their rallies, nor do I intend to...That being said, I do sympathyze with some of the complaints and support their right to assemble and air grievances.
I'm merely trying to illustrate that there is a flip side to your statements and that there are constitutional remedies for the tyrranical treatment of persons that are merely exercising their right to assemble and protest.

You may not agree.........however...I have no need, desire, or want, for any other to, "police" me or infringe upon my decisions to live my life in any manner I see fit.........providing that I do no harm to any other...I also fully realize the great burden of responsability that entails....and accept that.

BTW...the police ARE, "corporate enforcers" and they enforce the will of their corporate charter, through the machinations of statute......that is their, "job description"........they have never been, nor were they intended to be
guardians of the "subjects". Their, "serve and protect" motto, is in service to and in protection of the...corporation.

If you are an enforcer........then heed that the subjects are stirring from their torpor and are awakening to their true nature and part in this charade......they are recognizing that the "house of cards" is falling and have little stomach left for being forced to the will of corporations, be they bank, business..........or government.

YouSir

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by OldCorp

First 15 seconds says it all. 'Last warning,now is the time to move or you're going to be subject to arrest' Again,we have laws here. Follow them. Or pay the price. It's really not hard to understand.

Thank you, mister trollenheimer, for presenting the opportunity for elucidation for those who may yet be in doubt about the basic principles of "lawful" versus "unlawful".

It is unlawful to arrest someone without probable cause.
Probable cause cannot arise from disobedience to unlawful "orders" from out-of-line "law enforcement officers". Such officers are PUBLIC servants and are there to SERVE the PUBLIC. Issuing ultimata about arrests is not one of the lawful duties of a "law enforcement officer".

This isn't about "laws", this is about "enforcers". There are serious personality issues at the root of violence against peaceful protesters. There is no law that says you have to do as a policeman says or else. Unless you are trying to posture that beat cops are the new legislature?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Maybe the word "most" was a bit strong....in my department its is probably just under 50% including myself.....not that this means anything...i just hate seeing this Police vs Vets stuff thrown around everywhere as if cops don't have respect for vets. It is just a bid saddening to see people think this in general.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Well I agree with you on the military not being the same as it used to
For me the day General Shinseki converted to the black beret was enough to make me puke....that was total their to target egos and was one of the lamest things the army has done in years.

Im just tired of the bash every cop thread....

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

I cant speak for all cops but to be honest with you where I live cops are very much scum bags I was arrested on a DUI my first night home from baghdad after being away 2 years, I wasnt drunk and I was found not guilty in court but it caused me to lose my job as a protective service agent, they didnt care I was a vet they had a better time making me seem like a scum bag. I have been arrested for all kinds of things like walking home from work where I live the cops are not of a caliber for the most part I would consider fit to serve the public. I dont think most cops are vets but thank you for answering my question because I really wanted to know.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

I fail to understand why someone on this planet with the rest of us doesnt understand why the OWS came into existence...I guess there are some who still dont watch the news...even MSM news!

Tell us...are you a budding banker by any chance...or better yet, are you one of those fabulous chaps working in the stock markets? Blind belief could be the only reason for your dramatically stupid remarks!

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join