It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does god promise world domination to the jews?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Many have heard of jewish conspiracy theories, however many dismiss them straight away as anti semitism.

the world is changing fast. Israel is a superpower. whether we like it or not, the jews are accumulating power in the US, and with the latest discovery of an israeli spy; the world is beggining to wake up.

however, i want to go straight to the root. I dont want to debate whether the jews control the world or not.

what i do want to ask the board, (and particularily to the scholars of the bible among this board) is the following

does the old testament promise world domination to the jews?
and if so, which verses in perticular?

and to go even further can anyone bring up verses from the talmud that promise the same?

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   
If you read Genesis and Exodus, you definitely get the feeling that the God of Israel is trying to say that he is the most powerful God who will smite all the enemies of Israel. And that anyone who is in their way or in their land will be removed. Just pick up the Bible and you will find many verses.

Whether it's actually true?

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
That's right it's all true...so behave yourself or it's off to the mines with you.

Though if the Jews do end up running the world you'll most likely be made to file and colate with a one hour lunch which you won't be paid for.

There will be no matching 401ks once the jews have taken over the planet.

Ruben sandwiches and crunchy dill pickles shall be freely distributed to the worthy.

Fear us for we are mighty and anal retentive!

Spiderjerusalem

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
That's right it's all true...so behave yourself or it's off to the mines with you.

Though if the Jews do end up running the world you'll most likely be made to file and colate with a one hour lunch which you won't be paid for.

There will be no matching 401ks once the jews have taken over the planet.

Ruben sandwiches and crunchy dill pickles shall be freely distributed to the worthy.

Fear us for we are mighty and anal retentive!

Spiderjerusalem

i knew it!

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:36 AM
link   
But perhaps I've said too much....

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   
If you read the New Will you will notice that Jesus favorizes the Jews against other nations and sees them as someone better
I really disliked it and it's one of may reasons for which I became an atheist

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
If I remember correctly, the Old Testament promisses Jews the world domination, the New Testament talks about Jesus return and domination of Christians and Qur'an says that they are both wrong, God said Sumbitters shall inherit the Earth.
I guess it all depends which book you read...

This becomes a problem when one of these groups forces all other people on Earth to believe and comply with their mythology.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtheiX
If you read the New Will you will notice that Jesus favorizes the Jews against other nations and sees them as someone better
I really disliked it and it's one of may reasons for which I became an atheist

I have to disagree with you, im afraid.

jesus came for the gentiles, and he was recieved by the gentiles.

jesus was against the jews (pharisees), and was rejected by the jews.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Hey Ashlar:

The Gospel material (AD 70 to AD 125) was heavilly edited to soften the anti-Gentile sentiments in the earliest Christian traditions (pre Jerusalem Destruction AD 70) to allow Gentiles into the Community which was devastated by the War against Rome, which the Jews lost.

Do you REALLY think that R. Yehoshua bar Yosef the Galilean even tolerated the goyim (gentiles, non Jews) during his ministry?

(Yes I am talking about the same Daviddic Pretender Rabbi that modern Christians seem to like to call "Jeeezzzuzzz" for some reason, the same individual who was executed by crucifixion during the reign of the "Divine" Emperor Tiberius for armed sedition against Rome and for flagrant breach of the No King But Caesar Law (Lex Maiestatis) his case not being helped much by his arming his disciples on the hill with swords before his arrest (Luke chapter 22:18-25)?

Here are some pericopes from the Gospels themselves for you to chew on:

A Syro Phoenican gentile comes up to him, even admitting that he is the Son of David (i.e. a Daviddic descendant with aspirations to kingship), asking for help with her bleeding daughter, and he snaps at her:

LADY, I HAVE COME TO SAVE ONLY THE LOST SHEEP OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL...AND ANYWAY, SINCE WHEN IS IT RIGHT TO TAKE THE BREAD OF THE CHILDREN OUT OF THEIR MOUTHS AND THROW IT TO DOGS UNDERNEATH THE TABLE??

(read it for yourself, in English if that's all you have, but it's far jucier in the Greek, Matthew chapter 15)

or what about the story of the "Sending of the 70" in Luke (similar to the sending of the 12 in Mark) where he allegedly said to his followers: PREACH YE THE GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM BUT GO NOT INTO ANY TOWN OF THE GOYIM, NEITHER ENTER INTO ANY OF THEIR HOUSES, BUT PREACH ONLY TO THE LOST SHEEP OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL...

Preaching to Gentiles was not on his agenda, and even the original 12 disciples were commanded to "Preach ye the Gospel of the Kingdom to the Lost Sheep SCATTERED AMONG THE GOYIM..." (i.e. they were sent out of Palestine eventually to preach the Kingdom to the JEWS of the DIASPORA "scattered among the Gentiles" and not to the goyim themselves.

Most of the anti-Goyim rhetoric was cut out of the gospel material and books which retained anti-Gentile sentiment (like the Gospel of Phillip) were not voted into the canon in the 4th and 5th centuries AD e.g.

(Gospel of Phillip: and Iesous said, "A Gentile can never really die, because no gentile has ever lived, being unworthy of the Life so that he might die...") etc.

If the man were alive today, he would certainly be regarded by most moderns as a "racist pig" , but one might imagine that all that Daviddic blood coursing through his "Jewish" veins was probably the cause of some deep seated prejudice on his part. But that of course if no excuse for him.

If you want to catch a glimpse of some of the evident race prejudice that the 1st century Messianic movements in Palestine had for goyim (gentiles) in general, try reading some of the contemporary literature with the Iesous" movement found in the Dead Sea Scrolls, e.g. anti-gentile sentiments in the War Scroll which "Iesous" freely quotes verbatim ("These be the Days of Vengeance of our god..." etc. which phrase is found placed into the mouth of "Iesous" in Luke's gospel).

Most of the race prejudice of the pre-Pauline Nazorean churches was softened or knifed out of the tradition after Israel was destroyed by Rome in AD 70 when the gospels were beginning to be written down in Greek, and the Goyim eventually took over the churches, especially the Pauline ones which were far more goyim-friendly. But then again, Paul never met Iesous in the flesh, only in dreams and visions.

But the Daviddic Rabbi who lived and started the Return of the Davids movement 2,000 years ago was certainly not as universally tolerant as many "Christian" 21st century followers wished him to be or shall we say, paint-him-as (and no, he wasn't blonde/blue eyed either, but that's another thread altogether...)

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I agree with the sentiment that the Bible comes down heavily on the side of the Jewish faith. But then what do you really expect from a holy book written for Jews!!!

But one thing does seem to stand out to me.

Although the Jews are promised power in Israel, they aren't promised power throughout the whole world. To my knowledge, every paragraph that speaks of Jewish power confines it to the Promised Land.

And although I agree that even though Jesus was probably Jewish in outlook (again, do you really expect any different from a rabbi!!!) he gives world domination to the meek - not the Jews.

Or was it the Greek?

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
We've already taken over hollywood and florida.

Your next Illinois!

Bow before us!

Just kiddin'

South Dakota is next.

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Contrary to popular beliefs, no one has ever heard the word of any god unless they were schizophrenic. If any one religion had it all correct we wouldn't have so many around. Faith is beautiful thing but organized religion is a destination for weak minds who need constant reinforcement of their beliefs in order to feel better about their place in the world as well as a desire to belong to something, anything that keeps them from having to make up their own minds about the unexplained.

I'm sorry, but for someone to post a question like this seems a bit silly. They wrote the passages in question, who do you think they're going to say is most preffered by a god?

A cult is a cult is a cult, doesn't matter whether it has 2000 years of history behind it or not. We may be spiritual creatures with a destiny to uncover after death but no one, ever, in the history of mankind has figured out whether thats true or not or how it will manifest itself. The only thing people can say to refute my opinions is they believe deeply in their particular faith, but it still doesn't make it true.

Whether Jewish people want to control the world or not is irrelavent. We are all human beings, we all share the same DNA. The only thing that supposedly separates us is our cultural beliefs and languages. The only people I have ever heard talk about Jewish control of the world have either been jealous of their money, though there are far more average Jews rather than rich ones, or have been total paranoid morons with weak arguments to make their point. If any group should be hated for controlling the world or having to much of its wealth it should be white males, but their not exactly a culture unto themselves so its hard to super impose a form of hatred on them.

The arrogance that it takes for any group or culture to think this entire vast universe and the planet it resides in was created soley for them boggles my mind. If that were the case why would a god waste so much time with all of the other species that came along well before we even came about in the first place? I hope this doesn't offend anyone, though it shouldn't because if their belief in Hebrew, Muslim or any other man made religious structure is truly strong, no opinion from an insiginifigant man from the Pacific Northwest should hurt them. If it does then I gues they need to find out whether their faith is on solid ground or if they just use it to pacify themselves from the fear of death.

2 million years of evolution and this is what we've come to...truly pathetic.

[edit on 31-8-2004 by Weller]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
ok way before 70AD
Isa 49:6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Isa 60:3 And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

jesus came for the gentiles as well, he was just sent to isreal first.

john 3:16 kind of seals this question.

whether you believe its truth or a schizo is opinion.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
People don't blame the bible and Jesus for favoring the Jews, have you all forgotten that the bible is the history of the Jewish people by descendants and that Jesus is a Jew after all so who do you think he is going to favor.

Christianity took the Jewish sacred writings and turned into a "for everyones teachings" and turn Jesus into a white race Jesus to latter make him into non race denomination Jesus when things got to hot. Jesus has been Jewish since the time Christianity created him.

Open your eyes and get to know your history.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Open your eyes and get to know your history.

Now now, you know thats asking way too much from a group who uses creationism as a scientific base of study. But its not all their fault, the Christian church has prided themselves in keeping their flock in the dark for hundreds of years, most people don't turn to religion for absolute truth, just some form of it that will make them feel better.

I agree with your point completely though...

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Weller,

Thanks for that post, you know I was expecting a full blown bashing for my post but its been nice so far or I just been ignored.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Nothing in the Bible promises the Jews World Domination. Anywhere. At all. Ever. God tells Abraham that his descendants shall be the chosen people in Genesis. God promises Moses that what is now Israel and the Palestinian Territories shall forever belong to his people (Jews) in Exodus. That's all. It's that simple.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I cannot think of any biblical reference to God promising any particular group of people "world domination". My understanding of the Bible says that God sent His Son into the world to reconcile the world to Him, Jew and Gentile alike. God does refer to the nation of Israel as a chosen people, but all those who accept His Son, Jesus Christ, as Lord and Savior fall under that same promise. Jesus, a Jew, came to save both Jew and Gentile alike. It's not about world domination. It's allow about serving and glorifying God, through everything that we do and say.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Excuse my interruption but the messiah of the Jews hasn't come yet. The Jesus of the New Testament is the Christian messiah.

Please get your historical facts.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
To reiterate and simplify, Bible-wise, Zionism YES, World Domination BIG FAT NO!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join