It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Points 'rounded' up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Is there more to the system than we are led to believe?

Are points added to 'round' you up to a nice number?

I ask this because yesterday night, I could have sworn I had 12109. And now I have 12110.

You'll just have to trust me on that.

My last post on a 'paying' sectoion was in the weaponry section, which got me up to 12109 (I have a memory that remembers the least important things but forgets the very important
)

I have only posted in the Board Questions & Business section and any threads I have started are inactive.

The only thing I can think of is that it might be ATS rewarding for SETI but I don't think anyone has said they have started doing that just yet.

I know this is a bit trivial but it seems a bit wierd.

PS: Quick Question - Do you get more points for the longer a post is?

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Here's a list of point allocations, which should help:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe the length of the post is irrelevent to the number of points you get..

Onto your main question - Someone probably posted something in a thread you started in either 'Predictions' or Conspiracies in Religeon' as thye both award 1 point for answers to a thread you started.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Onto your main question - Someone probably posted something in a thread you started in either 'Predictions' or Conspiracies in Religeon' as thye both award 1 point for answers to a thread you started.

I have seen that post about points more than I can count on 4 hands!

Thats just the thing though. I have never ever posted in one of those forums, let alone start a thread.

So if I have only ever posted in the other sections, which all pay a multiple of 5 (5, 10...), why are my points sometimes not ending in a 0 or 5. There's a screenshot somewhere on ATS showing I had 666 points (someone was saying how I was the antichrist or something)

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Here's a list of point allocations, which should help:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe the length of the post is irrelevent to the number of points you get..

Why is it, that when I read your posts, it is like I'm actually hearing, Agent Smith?

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Here's that antichrist business

Thank you Pisky

For a while after I joined, I only made threads and posted in the weaponry and aircraft forums.

from the Official list (see link in AgentSmith's reply above)
Weaponry............................ reply = 5 post = 5
Aircraft............................ reply = 15 post = 10

I seem to remember points ending in all sorts of numbers which weren't 5 or 0.

Maybe I'm just nitpicking about all this stuff.

[edit on 31/8/04 by Hyperen]

top topics

join