It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cats are Alien Camcorders!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatsinaname
that is by far the most absolutely insane crazy thing I have read all day, though you make an interesting point.

got one for the list maybe, cats create ungodly amounts of electrostatic, acting as a sort of walking capacitor >_> now, where is that aluminum foil..

Yeah, good one.
How about the fact they innately always cover their poop? Aliens seem to leave no trace too.
And the plot thickens..............

(you know, if someone reads this, smokes pot and gets really paranoid, we might be seeing a rash of missing cats real soon. Because in a real odd way, it makes sense
)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mathiasrook

why do they have reptillan eyes and two eyelids,
Cats have cat eyes.
Why do reptiles have cat eyes?

[color=F4FCBD]a cat and dog [color=FCCFF3]are as different [color=C7E7FC]as a cat and human.
[color=F4FCBD]A buzzard and a porpoise [color=FCCFF3]are as different [color=C7E7FC]as a penguin and a tortoise.

[color=737373]P.S. I also have 2 eyelids. How many do you have?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

You make good points, and I was thinking of procuring one to take care of the mice.

This is why I'm a dog person.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

Oh My!
Poor puppy was just trying to be a good neighbor, is the dog ok?
My new thread shall be called: Deer, The Horned and Demonic Underlords of the Blue Planet.
Yes, brothers and sisters.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

i have heard it all now
so why do ferral cats attack my little girl
cant believe this got 173 flags and over 105 stars haha oh well
stuff thats made up in somebody head gets more attention than
a real life event
me thinks its time for a break

edit on 22/10/2011 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Fact 1: cats wont eat where they # - Meaning they are just smart...explanation for 1/2 your points also,
Fact 2: Cats are the only other animal to KNOW WHEN they are having an emotional responce, the explanation for the other 1/2 of your points, And the purr is from how we do it, they make a bulge with there tounge in there throat and breath.....

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

I've noticed that. There's a phrase that goes like this: To a dog, you're his/her owner. To a cat, you're his/her employee."

Some differences I've noticed between cats and dogs:

1) Dogs will bark and bark and bark and bark. Cats are almost always silent.
2) Dogs will poop just about anywhere. Cats will poop and bury it without being told.
3) A dog watches helplessly as a cat runs up a tree and races across the limbs to the roof.
4) Dogs will go crazy when you come home, like you've been gone forever. A cat will sit purring.
5) Cats can be trained to use toilets, probably because of their athleticism. Dogs: not so well.
6) Dogs will understand different words, not just their names. Cats: not so well.

Those're just a few things. Admittedly, I'm probably wrong about some of them or just didn't include something important. In my experience, dogs seem to be more extraverted than cats. Cats seem to be more solitary, which fits their wild feline counterparts. I think that's why we call dogs man's best friend. Dogs seek us out because they LOVE to!

Because I know some people may be interested, I looked it up, here:
en.wikipedia.org...

People who prefer extraversion draw energy from action: they tend to act, then reflect, then act further. If they are inactive, their motivation tends to decline. To rebuild their energy, extraverts need breaks from time spent in reflection. Conversely, those who prefer introversion expend energy through action: they prefer to reflect, then act, then reflect again. To rebuild their energy, introverts need quiet time alone, away from activity.

The extravert's flow is directed outward toward people and objects, and the introvert's is directed inward toward concepts and ideas. Contrasting characteristics between extraverts and introverts include the following:

* Extraverts are action oriented, while introverts are thought oriented.
* Extraverts seek breadth of knowledge and influence, while introverts seek depth of knowledge and influence.
* Extraverts often prefer more frequent interaction, while introverts prefer more substantial interaction.
* Extraverts recharge and get their energy from spending time with people, while introverts recharge and get their energy from spending time alone.

edit on 22-10-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Re: the Egypt thing...

Cats were probably domesticated after the invention of sedentary communities.

Dogs have been with humans longer. They likely were domesticated as they followed hunter gatherers around. The wolves that would become dogs then specialized in eating our garbage and leftovers. Hunting and gathering as practiced way back when is actually a pretty wasteful lifestyle, lots of garbage piles and leftovers for dogs. Of this group of dogs, over time, people keep killing off the meanest dogs that attack humans. And other similar selection pressures are at work.

Cats would have come later because they basically specialized in hunting the large communities of rodents that grew up around early human settlements.

Cats were essential to the evolution of human society, a major major boon to early agricultural civilization especially. They simultaneously cut down on disease and dramatically improved net crop yields by killing the rodents that were eating the food, grain, etc stored in granaries.

So I think what happened in Egypt went something like this:

Originally, people were eating cats and/or killing them, chasing them off etc as a nuisance.

Then one day some brilliant bastard of a granary clerk noticed a cat hunt and kill a rat. And he thought about it and did some math and said wow...look how much grain we're losing to rats. And look how the cats just love to hunt them all day long.

He tells his idea to his boss, who takes credit for it, who tells his boss, who takes credit for it, etc all the way up to the head honchos of their day. They all agree this is brilliant.

So they tell everybody: don't eat the cats! Don't chase off the cats! We need them!

But nobody listened.

So they think about it for a while until some priest is like 'hey let's tell them the cats are magic, then people will treat them well and be scared to harm them.'

And so they did that...and it worked. Edit: And I think it helped/helps that cats play the part well.

They didn't even need to know about how much it would help with the major problem of disease in sedentary communities to get that sort of benefit from the reduction in the rat population. It'd be a miracle simply for the dramatic improvement in food supply, particularly the ability to store food for long periods of time. But by helping with the problem of disease they opened the door to larger cities.
edit on 22-10-2011 by 11andrew34 because: see edit: note in context

edit on 22-10-2011 by 11andrew34 because:

edit on 22-10-2011 by 11andrew34 because: some clarifications and format edits.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This is all just a bunch of bs put out by the dog lobby.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DrakeDarc

Originally posted by DrakeDarc

Cats are evil. I;ve always try to kick them and scare them. I hate cats. Dogs are much better anyways.

You have that backwards. The fact that you try to kick them, does not mean that cats are evil.

What that really means is that you are a foolish weakling with low self esteem, and have a need to make yourself feel empowered by attempting to kick small unsuspecting creatures.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hootsmanwheresmaheid
I love cats, especially when i am hungry!

You are now being tracked and monitored as the alien implants are permanently embedded in you colon.

Warning Earth People: Never Never Eat the Sesame Kitten dish at a Chinese Buffet.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'm sorry, I just can't bring myself to take this seriously.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I COMPLETELY FORGOT MY BREEDING KNOWLAGE!

To get a "Cat" from a "Wild Cat" you need the Large cats to breed with smaller, and then the mid to breed with the smaller then the same and the same over and over, (separate by 7 gens to avoid inbreeding) and you have a cat...Dogs...We didnt need to miniturise...if anything they were gifts from the romans and greeks who used them in blood sport and wanted more agile but deadly cats and realized they could have pet cats that they wouldnt have to fear...im a druid so i study in all fields, im only 17 so my knowlage is based around what ive gotten in the past 3 years but i know quite a bit about animals and history.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

1) There is no documentation before Ancient Egypt that mentions the existence of Cats, and IN Ancient Egypt, they are worshipped as Gifts from The Gods.

There are no mention of Praying-Mantis's either, or crabs or blowfish or even zebras.

2. Science is baffled by a cat's purr, and cannot determine how the sound is produced. (Feedback, much?)

Ok, i'll give you this one, the jury is still out on whay causes this purr. No one seems to know WHY either. I think it's because the purr is relaxing and just like in NLP (neuro-linguistic programming), it soothes those who listen to it. Maybe it is their way of meditating. There are lot's of thing here that science can't explain though.
The Voynich manuscript,
The Antikythera mechanism
The Baigong Pipes
Animal Suicides
Cow's eating habits (cows always eat standing north or south)
The bees and the ants have many unexplained behaviors that rival the intelligence and mathematical skills of humans.
....many more out there.

3. If you hold a cat's ears back and describe what you see, it is a perfect match to the classic 'Grey'. Almond shaped eyes, small mouth, small nose.

This also happens with my chihuahua and I suspect most would agree that the Mantis that I spoke of in the aforementioned text, looks alien too. Oh, and Oprah Winfrey, have you seen her bug eyes? Very suspicious.

4. A cat can see exponentially better than you. Making it appear that it must be more advanced evolutionarily speaking. How?

Well, I think that cat's have been domesticated by man and taken from the wild.....hence their brothers and sisters the Lion and Cheetah and Panther etc.
I think that is the reason they can see so well. Because they are technically supposed to be out in the wild "hunting" for food, not running to the kitchen in the dark everytime someone scrapes food out of a can or shakes a bag of dry cat food. Their eyesight needed to be keen before domestication so as to survive on the offense as well as the defense.

5. Ever watch a cat wake from a deep sleep and run out of the room in an instant? Transmissions from the mothership coming in, and must be alone.

I also have a black cat. Yes, it's a very bad cat, keeping with the tradition of black cat's being seemingly evil. I have seen it get u and just run, sometimes right into a wall, which is not very intelligent. Even a stupid alien would get the hint after running into the wall after only one time. My cat? Not so much. He's off in the head and the self-inflicted wall abuse is not helping. However, I don't think it has anything to do with a mothership....just can't seem to make that connection outside of an active imagination.

6. All things that come out of cats are totally unnatural. (Not of this earth.)

Are you married???
You should see the things that come out of a woman you're married to who, becasue you've been married so long, let's you in on the private secrets of womanhood. Talk about unnatural. I suspect eveything coming from all of us is a bit unnatural.

7. Cats survive situations that any Earthbound animal would surely perish in. How can a cat fall out of a four story building backwards, and land on its feet? (Anti gravity properties)

The reason why cat's can fall so far and not get hurt is because they are so lightweight. Also from greater heights, they have loos skin which sometimes creates a parachute effect. Why do they always land on their feet? They don't, I have saeen it before myself, do they always live ....no.

8. If you die, your cats will eat you. Not really a link between cats and Aliens, but still pretty creepy

If an owner dies in an apartment, for instance, they cat will eat them because there is no one left to feed them. This happens when people are in remote areas and are dying of starvation, sometimes people will even eat people to survive. When yhou get hungry, that's the last alternative. Me? I find people meat a bit tough and ropey. There never seems to be a salt shaker around either.

9. Ever wake up and your cat was sitting on your chest, staring at you? Taking your will not to do their bidding and dreaming of the day their Alien handlers once again fit you for your yolk and chains.

In all my many years of living, I have never had this happen. I have seen it on horror movies, but never in real life, nor have I heard of anyone else who has had this happen. Anyway, he could just be thinking "Hey!, it's morning! GTFU and feed me before I eat you". Really though, to associate a cat sitting on your chest with Alien slavery is a connection that i just couldn't make either. It seems that you are just spooked of cat's and it's game-on for the theories and imagination finger painting.

I think cat's are cool and if there was any relationship between cat's and aliens, then the aliens might want to consider relocating the ones who's owners abuse them every day. Or ........are they not getting their video feed?

edit on 22-10-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Interesting post.Maybe that's why dogs hate cats so much hahaha

Someone said something about wires?Well,what if the wires were made out of flesh and blood?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Pray for my soul fellow members!

How's this for a weird coincidence?

I read this post and today is the day I get my two brand spankin' new kittens.

After reading this I'm convinced.....

I am so screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
175 flags, for this.

If there ever was a moment to say ATS is dead......it´s right now.

It used to be a cool site.

RIP.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It would make more sense if bugs, were alien camcorders.

Who notices a bug , when it is hiding under something , watching you without
your knowledge..

There was an X File on this, some years ago

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainInstaban
175 flags, for this.

If there ever was a moment to say ATS is dead......it´s right now.

It used to be a cool site.

RIP.

Nothing wrong with a little fun .....................................

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

maybe that explains why when i used to watch shows on aliens my cats would go crazy. so what about dogs, or fish or hamsters or parrots

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join