It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feel Better Now.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever

Originally posted by akushla99
In 'olden' times, there were people who said we couldn't travel over a certain speed, fly in the air, or go to the moon (to name a few)...
It is those who DARE to dream, that achieve anything resembling the dream...you do not (on the strength of your reply) appear to be one of these people, and will therefore will always be waiting...

akushla

Nice points. I must unfortunately point out that all of those things require multiple hands in the project.

So while you may "want" to be an astronaut and go to the moon, other people are required to create the means necessary to achieve the end. Sadly, we can't always count on other people.

So MAYBE you can be anything you want. I can work my entire life to become qualified to go to the sun, and I still can't.

What I got from the quote is described perfectly in the title of the thread.

Feel better now? OK! I will! cause that I can do.
If you want to be happy, of course you can. Its all in your mind.

and although I agree with yourboycal2 (you're not getting any feathery soft wings unless the christians are right and you're dead).... this is freakin hilarious!

Originally posted by Namaste1001
But if you feel like jumping off a cliff please go right ahead. : )

Sadly, I believe you are right...one cannot rely on other people...but if you want to surround yourself with naysayers, you will always be 'right'.
The spirit of the OP, as I have read it, refers to a state of mind where that mind is the initiator of its own happiness or otherwise...the mechanics of this works in any way you choose - positively or negatively - and it is in this choice where the 'position' becomes one of limitation to one of expansion. Limitation, by definition, will make you feel boxed in. Feeling boxed in will make it appear that your choices are limited...and the merry-go-round keeps turning!

Your choice!

I chose, a long time ago.

Akushla

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2
reply to post by NewAgeMan

"The only Way to know that you are perfect is to realize that you can be anything that you want"

I want to be a human with wings to fly like a bird

If that is not part of "anything" then perhaps we should make a more accurate quote you know .. not to spread false hope/info/ statements etc :p

not asking to much am I ?

I absolutely don't want to derail this thread, and won't do so - my comment has little do with the original post, really - but this actually is a very valid point, something that has been bothering me for ages now. So I'll vent just a little and then I'll go away, OK?

You get all these teachings and what-not that claim that ANYTHING is possible..... For example, Huna - no offense, anyone, it's just an example that I find personally relevant because I recently spent an afternoon debating with a self-proclaimed connoisseur of said technique or philosophy.

I don't remember by heart all the basic tenets, but I do remember that the first is (or is supposed to be) that "the world is what you think of it".
The corollary of these teachings is that "ANYTHING is possible", according to Huna.... yet when confronted with a question like, say, "can I make my grandmother com alive again?" - or indeed, to borrow the previous poster's question, "can I fly?" (which would be very useful during mountain climbing in extreme conditions
) - the proponents of these teachings look at you as if you were a silly child and start to water down their claims.

Why?
They clearly underestimate the power of visualization or imagination - or faith, pure and simple (quite literally!) - in other people.
Or else they overestimate the power of conventional thought/language over other people.

If it is simply convenience of expression---- well, this is one subject where I don't think convenience should be the first consideration. Accuracy and credibility are.
There are enough words and expressions in the English language, as in any other language that I am familiar with, to express the original claim in an accurate way. So, if you say "anything", I will take it to mean anything, unless you tell me otherwise.... which then doesn't qualify as "everything" or "anything" anymore.

Like I said, far be it from me to derail this thread. So, I am gone.
But if someone starts a thread about this problem, I might be back.

BTW, very good OP.

edit on 22-10-2011 by AdAstra because: spelling

edit on 22-10-2011 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2011 by AdAstra because: ...and grammar

edit on 22-10-2011 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join