It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feel Better Now.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This is a something I found, thought it might benefit some.
Cheers

The only Way to know that you are perfect is to realize that you can be anything that you want. Anywhere you see insecurity, it is really you looking at yourself as incapable of ever accomplishing that thing, or exemplifying the desirable essence of someone. Realize that with dedication you can achieve anything, without any doubt. Once this is accepted it is amazingly freeing.

Random Thought~

edit on 21-10-2011 by princeguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Very nice quote thank you here is another one from Elizabeth Barrett Browning in return, "An ignorance of means may minister to greatness, but an ignorance of aims make it impossible to be great at all."

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
:The only Way to know that you are perfect is to realize that you can be anything that you want. Anywhere you see insecurity, it is really you looking at yourself as incapable of ever accomplishing that thing, or exemplifying the desirable essence of someone. Realize that with dedication you can achieve anything, without any doubt. Once this is accepted it is amazingly freeing."

Oh yea ? What if i want to fly like the birds ? my insecurity is if i jump off a cliff i won't fly ! Tell me how much dedication its going to take for me to fly like a bird ! I accept it ! now where are my wings!

don't worry i'll wait .....

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by princeguy

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

I don't think that's what he meant, and have you ever heard of hang gliding?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

"The only Way to know that you are perfect is to realize that you can be anything that you want"

I want to be a human with wings to fly like a bird

If that is not part of "anything" then perhaps we should make a more accurate quote you know .. not to spread false hope/info/ statements etc :p

not asking to much am I ?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I'm sorry if the feel good Vibez are bugging ya. Big hugs

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2

"The only Way to know that you are perfect is to realize that you can be anything that you want"

I want to be a human with wings to fly like a bird

If that is not part of "anything" then perhaps we should make a more accurate quote you know .. not to spread false hope/info/ statements etc :p

not asking to much am I ?

You're just picking at semantics to be awkward. I think we all understand the original sentiment.

But if you feel like jumping off a cliff please go right ahead. : )

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

If the frame were switched from an outward appearance interpretation to an inward state of being, and from accomplishements as worldly or monetary or economic status, to becoming the very best we can we in terms of who we are being and becoming, in all areas of life, then your contrarion argument is moot, would you you agree?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

:The only Way to know that you are perfect is to realize that you can be anything that you want. Anywhere you see insecurity, it is really you looking at yourself as incapable of ever accomplishing that thing, or exemplifying the desirable essence of someone. Realize that with dedication you can achieve anything, without any doubt. Once this is accepted it is amazingly freeing."

Oh yea ? What if i want to fly like the birds ? my insecurity is if i jump off a cliff i won't fly ! Tell me how much dedication its going to take for me to fly like a bird ! I accept it ! now where are my wings!

don't worry i'll wait .....

It's interesting that this type of example is used in response to these posts.
I'll hazard a guess that you may have the same problem with playing the violin or piano...the problem being that you have made your mind up before you have started, despite cynically stating that you have 'accepted' the precept...not!...and this is precisely why you won't do it (apart from the stupidity of mentioning a pursuit to which you are not physiologically equipped to perform...and then there is levitation)...

In 'olden' times, there were people who said we couldn't travel over a certain speed, fly in the air, or go to the moon (to name a few)...
It is those who DARE to dream, that achieve anything resembling the dream...you do not (on the strength of your reply) appear to be one of these people, and will therefore will always be waiting...

akushla

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
In 'olden' times, there were people who said we couldn't travel over a certain speed, fly in the air, or go to the moon (to name a few)...
It is those who DARE to dream, that achieve anything resembling the dream...you do not (on the strength of your reply) appear to be one of these people, and will therefore will always be waiting...

akushla

Nice points. I must unfortunately point out that all of those things require multiple hands in the project.

So while you may "want" to be an astronaut and go to the moon, other people are required to create the means necessary to achieve the end. Sadly, we can't always count on other people.

So MAYBE you can be anything you want. I can work my entire life to become qualified to go to the sun, and I still can't.

What I got from the quote is described perfectly in the title of the thread.

Feel better now? OK! I will! cause that I can do.
If you want to be happy, of course you can. Its all in your mind.

and although I agree with yourboycal2 (you're not getting any feathery soft wings unless the christians are right and you're dead).... this is freakin hilarious!

Originally posted by Namaste1001
But if you feel like jumping off a cliff please go right ahead. : )

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

nope would not agree. The quote gives false hope mixed with baseless new age nonsense

It gives the cancer patient false hope .

It gives the amuptee without a limb false hope

i do not play on false hope .

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

"that you have made your mind up before you have started"

Yup like made up my mind before starting to think i can call a unicorn to come take me for a ride

Or the pillsbury dough boy to come to my house to night and make some cookies together :p

when you put "anything" in a quote . Please don't try and sugar coat that it doesnt not indeed apply to "anything"

It may help you sleep at night but its not good enough for me . You will understand this more once you mature enough to know what false hope and baseless quotes are

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Namaste1001

"You're just picking at semantics to be awkward. I think we all understand the original sentiment. "

Ask the cancer patient about this quote

Lets see if he agrees its semantics.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I can't for the life of me understand why a person would try to twist into negative that which was meant to be inspirational. I personally do not really grasp the original quote but, to the extent that it might help another human being grow or be inspired, why tear it apart?

Why devote soooo much energy to something that has so little value to you? Is it that maybe it tweaks at your subconscious and makes you restless or uncomfortable for some reason?

Fascinating...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Haters going to Hate.

In a world of genetic experimentation, amazing medical breakthroughs and quantum physics I have no doubt humans are capable of anything. And it is amazing what the power of positive thought can do for those who are sick - hence the reason all experiments involving new drugs always recquire a placebo

Maybe we should re-phrase this.

Once you get the human/eagle gene splicing experiment past the ethics committee, anything is possible.......

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

nope would not agree. The quote gives false hope mixed with baseless new age nonsense

It gives the cancer patient false hope .

It gives the amuptee without a limb false hope

i do not play on false hope .

How is this baseless compared to the nonsense that you are spouting?

There was nothing in here about overcoming cancer or growing a new arm.

This is about self improvement. you should check it out.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Namaste1001

"You're just picking at semantics to be awkward. I think we all understand the original sentiment. "

Ask the cancer patient about this quote

Lets see if he agrees its semantics.

My grandmother recently died from cancer. And In her last year she was devoted to self improvement and a greater understanding. Were she alive today I am sure she would look at this statement and analize it like it was meant to be understood.

You have no business judging how it is interpreted by others.

If you dont understand it, than so be it. But you should never assume that everyone else is as shallow as yourself.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

reply to post by akushla99

"that you have made your mind up before you have started"

Yup like made up my mind before starting to think i can call a unicorn to come take me for a ride

Or the pillsbury dough boy to come to my house to night and make some cookies together :p

when you put "anything" in a quote . Please don't try and sugar coat that it doesnt not indeed apply to "anything"

It may help you sleep at night but its not good enough for me . You will understand this more once you mature enough to know what false hope and baseless quotes are

Ridiculous analogy, of course!

You're surely trying to be funny, or haven't understood the mechanics of group mind and how things get done...unicorns, pillsbury doughboy...in fact for an argument such as this you could inject any stupid example and still feel superior...and right (I don't care that I'm right or wrong...as I have said it, so it is - for me) if you or anyone else hasn't experienced the mechanics, or utilised the mechanics (as I have in my 50 years of 'immaturity'), I have no beef with thier 'position'...but (specifically, the 'position' from which you see things, will determine what you see!) and it is therefore, no wonder that there are some who do not see...again, with this I have no beef...but I am quite at liberty to point it out to those who 'feel' blinded (if not by what they think).
I am not unique in this 'position'...and it would be remiss of me to not point it out, offer it, share...

The fact remains...other individuals have gotten together and done things that were previously thought to be ridiculous and impossible...growing wings is one thing...but may not be the only way to 'fly'!

Akushla

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I can't for the life of me understand why a person would try to twist into negative that which was meant to be inspirational. I personally do not really grasp the original quote but, to the extent that it might help another human being grow or be inspired, why tear it apart?

Why devote soooo much energy to something that has so little value to you? Is it that maybe it tweaks at your subconscious and makes you restless or uncomfortable for some reason?

Fascinating...

I agree, eminently fascinating...
Bitterness, indeed, shows no bonds.

In earlier times, the custom was to offer the blade by the hilt...but, it seems individuals now revel in waving the point in your face (as if this were going to enamour them). Fear and bitterness can make you do stupid things.

Cheers
Akushla

top topics

<<   2 >>

join