It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to survive the Global Economic collapse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I'm asking so don't except any tips form me. With the economy in the gutter world wide, and government trying to manage the world, this always seemed like the most plausible apocalypse to me. Though not as flashy or sudden as ww3, zombies, or nuclear holocaust it is a differentiate reality that has been creeping up on us if we don't turn things around.

So I'm asking what would one expect during a global economic collapse? How would you survive it?

I'm not here to debate if this will happen or not, I just feel like this might happen and I would appreciate on what to expect if it does.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Chaos,Loss of utility services.Common needed things become hard to find.Theft will become rampant.Violence, gangs out of control,lack of police. On the plus side it will teach people self reliance AGAIN. Common sense will make a comeback. I have faith in my fellow Americans. When people don't have what they need they will start using their brain power to come up with an intelligent solution. On their own. Remember that we never had electricity until the early 1900's. That wasn't really that long ago. My 89 year old mother tells me she never had electricity growing up and they grew and raised their own food. They preserved it by canning and pickling. Learn how to raise your own food and provide for yourself and family and you will never fear it.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
My advice would be to buy some land away from the cities and in the rual area. This forum has a wealth of information on surviving just about anything.
You can find information on what to store....food, water, weapons,ect.
Tips on what to use for bartering,
How to live off the grid, in the event of loss of electritcity, water and gas services.

I would also advise anyone who is considering this to listen to that little voice that is telling you there is something big around the corner.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mcupobob

My answer is rather in a question......Are you going to be the bad guy or a good guy?

Strange question you might ask, Why would you ask such a thing? It is in my reasoning, a solid query? The people as a whole have no clue how we wound up in dire straits and there is a quote that I ponder quite often " people who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it".

"Now what does that have to do with this thread?" you may ask again.

" if you want to increase your wealth or power during SHTF situation and all the economy gets tore down to shambles then figure out the first steps used to start an empire.

"Huh?" you might ask.

Do you know how the rockefellars or the Rothchilds got started? Do you know what was the spark that ignited the world? Many men want that sustainability in times of upheaval but what was it they had that is so remarkable.... A goal, a long term goal.

I am not saying that you have to do this but read up on andrew carnegie or other early entrepreneurs and find out how they recieved their spark that ignited when the Americas were still young and ripe for the picking. Thats how you survive the SHTF situation. Make sound business moves and you will come out on top and after all is siad and done with and order is emerged... You may be the new tycoon or rothchild family with nothing to fear

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by agentblue

I don't have any plans on taking advantage of a SHTF siltation and becoming a emperor or anything, just the goal of surviving it. However if you do, don't forget the little people on the bottom.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Last thing you need to be doing is trying to survive in a big city. I live in a town surrounded by farms anyways so I will be good on food. Also it would be good to start planning now while you still have the chance. Get a bug out bag that you can get about any where online now that things are getting bad a lot of sites are coming out with survival kits.

Good shows to watch if you get the chance or watch it on you-tube is the videos that National Geographic came out with it was on Dooms Day preparers. That show has a lot of family trying to think and set up their homes for anything bad that is going to happen and professionals go over their houses and tell them what they can work on.

Get guns and learn how to shot. Also start stock piling food that have a very long shelf life. Another tip is don't go telling everyone that you are doing it because when stuff hits the fans and no one has food the first place they are going to rob is going to be you because they know you been stocking up for this type of occasion.

new topics

top topics

join