It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 young black kids.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse

Actually no I do NOT depend on fantasy for my findings. I am a product of such intense areas in my life from growing up in the South Bronx NYC. I have seen those who had nothing to eat, no place to go, missing parents, and children fending for themselves.

In the poorest areas of my neighborhood, we had no color, we didnt look down on puerto ricans, or white kids, black kids or mexicans. We were people trying to survive in a place that seemed to have been over looked.

There was at least 5 liquor stores on each corner, schools were out of books, teachers no longer cared, and kids were being taken from their homes. On the weekends my friends and their families would wait on line for low cost food, and our playgrounds were covered with crack pipes and crack heads.

There was a shooting EVERY DAY, and we learned to somehow seem past it to have about a half hour a day of fun.

I lost many people that I cared for and we all seemed to come to a consensus that some of us would get out, and some not. Of course their were some bad apples, but we understood that we didn't choose where we came from, and for most of us we had no idea where we were going.

Unless you have lived, and or are familiar with the in and outs of a society that many fail to see unless forced, the ghetto is no joke, and I can only hope for things to get better. Many kids in those areas that get passed by, because there are about 10-15 apartments in projects with 14 or more floors, so yes, some are overlooked.

Its a product of our society, and unless we look at the root of the problem, we will continue to overlook the product of some peoples environment.

NRE.

Again, I appreciate the discourse. And again I say that Love and Peace are the answer.

So you came from a tough neighborhood, so what. That means you got a license to kill?

I say those people who came from a tough neighborhood and prevailed peacefully over iniquity, are the people that we should try to emulate, not the people, who lived in a tough neighborhood, and sunk to their lowest level to hurt other human beings.
edit on 21-10-2011 by Hendrix92TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

You're damn right that those kids need love. A lot of love, and mental peace. Unfortunately, in the neighborhoods we're talking about, you will find very little. What you will find, are a lot of boys and girls who live under harsh, violent conditions, and they in turn develop mental problems, fall into criminal activity., or both And then they become adults, and the cycle perpetuates itself. This is the results of four centuries of slavery, in order to cure this problem you will need at least 20-30 years of reform and hard work.

It makes all of the difference.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
This article is pretty insulting, for every "thug" you have an african american male that is trying to make it in this system that had prior to 45-50 years ago already established him as a second class citizen before he even took in his first breath. And he contributes to society, works hard, and keeps his nose clean.

There are criminals, miscreants, and deadbeats in every "race". Cut the crap.

So by your logic, about 50% of blacks have made a positive contribution, well I have to agree with you, because that is what the statistics say.

Don't be afraid to call criminals what they are, no matter what color they are.

Are you trying to call me a criminal?

The reason that I take offense is because not all of us are criminals or deadbeats. I don't come on here saying ah those white males they're #ing criminals and thieves, or they are all born with silver spoons in their mouth. That's not true, so you are wrong to try and paint every black male with the same kind of brush, everyone is different.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver

Actually no I do NOT depend on fantasy for my findings. I am a product of such intense areas in my life from growing up in the South Bronx NYC. I have seen those who had nothing to eat, no place to go, missing parents, and children fending for themselves.

In the poorest areas of my neighborhood, we had no color, we didnt look down on puerto ricans, or white kids, black kids or mexicans. We were people trying to survive in a place that seemed to have been over looked.

There was at least 5 liquor stores on each corner, schools were out of books, teachers no longer cared, and kids were being taken from their homes. On the weekends my friends and their families would wait on line for low cost food, and our playgrounds were covered with crack pipes and crack heads.

There was a shooting EVERY DAY, and we learned to somehow seem past it to have about a half hour a day of fun.

I lost many people that I cared for and we all seemed to come to a consensus that some of us would get out, and some not. Of course their were some bad apples, but we understood that we didn't choose where we came from, and for most of us we had no idea where we were going.

Unless you have lived, and or are familiar with the in and outs of a society that many fail to see unless forced, the ghetto is no joke, and I can only hope for things to get better. Many kids in those areas that get passed by, because there are about 10-15 apartments in projects with 14 or more floors, so yes, some are overlooked.

Its a product of our society, and unless we look at the root of the problem, we will continue to overlook the product of some peoples environment.

NRE.

Again, I appreciate the discourse. And again I say that Love and Peace are the answer.

So you came from a tough neighborhood, so what. That means you got a license to kill?

I say those people who came from a tough neighborhood and prevailed peacefully over iniquity, are the people that we should try to emulate, not the people, who lived in a tough neighborhood, and sunk to their lowest level to hurt other human beings.

You're damn right that those kids need love. A lot of love, and mental peace. Unfortunately, in the neighborhoods we're talking about, you will find very little. What you will find, are a lot of boys and girls who live under harsh, violent conditions, and they in turn develop mental problems, fall into criminal activity., or both And then they become adults, and the cycle perpetuates itself. This is the results of four centuries of slavery, in order to cure this problem you will need at least 20-30 years of reform and hard work.

It makes all of the difference.

Exactly, this is what I'm talking about.

But to get there, you cannot deny truth, because lack of recognition of the truth, is the same as lying.

We need to have an honest discourse with our neighbors and friends. A conversation without racial overtones or bigotry. An honest conversation that will benefit all of us.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

This article is pretty insulting, for every "thug" you have an african american male that is trying to make it in this system that had prior to 45-50 years ago already established him as a second class citizen before he even took in his first breath. And he contributes to society, works hard, and keeps his nose clean.

It just so happens that ONE race is specifically more prone to commit these types of crimes (in the U.S.) than other races and the stats back that up.

And through my real life experiences the income or neighborhood plays little significance but what does play a huge part is race. REAL LIFE experiences.

I am not predisposed to being a criminal and neither is any other human being on this planet. It is the environment that this system has established that is causing people to steer towards that kind of life, just as your environment has steered you towards looking at everyone that looks different as a criminal.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

So by your logic, about 50% of blacks have made a positive contribution, well I have to agree with you, because that is what the statistics say.

Don't be afraid to call criminals what they are, no matter what color they are.

Are you trying to call me a criminal?

The reason that I take offense is because not all of us are criminals or deadbeats. I don't come on here saying ah those white males they're #ing criminals and thieves, or they are all born with silver spoons in their mouth. That's not true, so you are wrong to try and paint every black male with the same kind of brush, everyone is different.

You may think me a racist, but I am not. I see the potential that black people have, but marvel at the black person's chosen reality not to live up to his/her fullest potential.

We are not black or white, we are humans, and we must coexist, or cease to exist.

The choice is ours.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Actually yes I am serious. I am saying that stats are unreliable.

People on here are attempting to use the stats that since black people may have lower IQ's they are prone to commit more violent crimes.

Well than..I would like someone to explain if this is true...then why do Asian countries commit a lot of violent crimes against one another or animals.

Take for instance the video of the 2 yr old girl...all those people walking by who could care less about her suffering..and these are supposed to be the more intelligent of the races.

I have nothing against Asians....I am just saying if your intelligence level decides how violent you are according to the people using stats..then explain Asia.

Also black youth.create more violence against one another than they do do other races.

It is just poor people doing idiotic things. Like when poor white boys beat a black man and ran him over.
Hate crime? White teens beat, run over black man

It happens all the time..but the ATS poster love to bring up black against white crimes...never read about these stories on here.
Hate Crimes Against African Americans

Fact is there are just as much stories about whites against black as there are the reverse.
The difference is...the ATS racists...will attempt to show how the blacks are blowing things out of proportion.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

abovestorm-front.org is in full effect.

shameful behavior
edit on 21-10-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

People on here are attempting to use the stats that since black people may have lower IQ's they are prone to commit more violent crimes.

Well than..I would like someone to explain if this is true...then why do Asian countries commit a lot of violent crimes against one another or animals.

Take for instance the video of the 2 yr old girl...all those people walking by who could care less about her suffering..and these are supposed to be the more intelligent of the races.

I have nothing against Asians....I am just saying if your intelligence level decides how violent you are according to the people using stats..then explain Asia.

Also black youth.create more violence against one another than they do do other races.

It is just poor people doing idiotic things. Like when poor white boys beat a black man and ran him over.

It happens all the time..but the ATS poster love to bring up black against white crimes...never read about these stories on here.

Fact is there are just as much stories about whites against black as there are the reverse.
The difference is...the ATS racists...will attempt to show how the blacks are blowing things out of proportion.

I will not argue with anything you just presented, other than to say, that all violence and hatred against each other must cease.

As a white man living far away from the crime in question, I can not tell other black people's children to stop hurting others, I can only ask the community, to let those criminals know, that hurting old people is a bad idea.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

I will not argue with anything you just presented, other than to say, that all violence and hatred against each other must cease.

As a white man living far away from the crime in question, I can not tell other black people's children to stop hurting others, I can only ask the community, to let those criminals know, that hurting old people is a bad idea.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Wow, you should know this for sure. Is ignorance truely bliss.

Crime has nothing to do with a race thing, it is a side effect of poverty mainly while in a rich country. The more desperate you are the more you will be willing to break the law. Poor white people are every bit as likely to turn to crime.

Bringing slavery into it makes no sense either, there is no need to go back that far to find examples of why certain races are poorer in general than others. It wasn't until the 1900s that we started to address problems in this country and get rid of segregation and start to make racism unacceptable. Minorities were considered second class citizens for a while for absolutely no reason other than someone wanted to feel superior. A lot of them were only hired for meanial labor, they were not provided any oppertunities to thrive. Only the best, brightest, most innovative and/or most stubborn could really make something of themselves for a while.

Finaly many minorities are gaining good jobs and getting opportunities that their families before them were never provided. Of course because of discrimination in very recent history most minority families are having to pull themselves out of the poorest and most violent neighborhoods.

Go to Africa sometime though and try to make ignorant comments like this. There are places that are extremely poor where you will not see phones, tvs, vehicles, refridgeraters or pretty much anything we take for granted. Although I know a church group that went there to help build some buildings and bring some food and other gifts. These people (EVERY one of them black) had absolutely nothing but never had the excess of others rubbed in their faces either, they were never treated as second class citizens, they were never told they weren't good enough to eat somewhere or sit somewhere which is very recent history. One person was trying to be nice and mentioned to a woman that she was wearing a very pretty dress, an hour later that woman showed up in different clothes and offered the dress as a gift. Because it would have been taken as an insult to refuse it was accepted but people were very careful with compliments after that because those people had so little they felt guilty accepting anything from them.

Problems were caused by ignorant white people wanting to feel superior and the VERY well documented recent history of oppresion. You can make statistics sound like what you want but an inteligent person will see right through it.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

as i am a very light skinned mixed race person im appalled by some of the racism i hear on a daily basis and it is still a big big problem im taking that you dont have a clue what its like growing up in poverty with rubbish schooling been under privilaged been on the bottom rung of the ladder educationally and not been able to go to collage or uni because you have to go to work as soon as you leave school to help ya mum out

its taking me till now at the age of 28 where i have had to bend my cv am i now finally looking at career with real prospects but the job im going for is for graduates im having to bend the truth because i have never had the chance to go to collage/uni but i can assure you il work ten times harder than any gradute once i get my chance

and yes i have done all the criminal stuff that earns you quick money and boy did that make my life easier till i ended up in jail been part of the so called 60% but you know what life is a learning curve and its taken me 10 years to get where privalaged people are at 18

so dont tell me we have the same chance's asother races

even tho its not a race issue its poverty and education
edit on 22/9/2011 by theruthlessone because: because

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

XD

LMFAO

Tip of the iceberg

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
If black people can't fix themselves, I think we need to channel that "black power" and send all the hood-rats to mexico to fight the drug cartels.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

articles.philly.com...

It is high time that black men start taking responsibility for their lives and actions, and join society, as contributing helpful members.

70% of blacks live in a home with no father present.

60% of inmates are black.

The time has come for black people to stand up and be accountable for themselves.

Black Americans are brought up in religious environments, but the "streets" are still teaching the kids, that they are the victim of slavery. I say that is a bunch of BULL! Slavery ended a long time ago kiddies.

Why don't you kids, study hard in school, work hard, respect other people, and then reap the rewards of a life well lived.

Instead you blame the world for your laziness, and your criminal acts, and then lash out at other good members of society.

Black people have the physical and mental abilities to be real leaders, but instead, they get caught up in a faux reality that the reason they are down, is not because of their actions, but some conspiracy by everyone else to hold them down.

You black kids ought to do some research on people like Eli Whitney, Nelson Mandela, Robert Lawrence.

Have you black kids got no pride?

Obviously, I don't blame all black people, but the frequency of black crime, tells me in no uncertain terms, that a disproportionate percentage of black teenagers, engage in criminal acts as compared to other ethnic groups.

When 13% of the population is 60% of the prison population, there is more to that than racism.

I am calling on the black community to step up and start policing itself. Stop blaming everyone else, and start taking responsibility for your own lives.

No pride eh? I am not a racist and try to see things as they are not as others want me to see. I see a race that has killed and enslaved a full 50% (At least) of the worlds indigenous populations. Just a little low down:

South and Central America where Europeans wiped out ancient cultures through war and disease.
North America where Europeans wiped and enslaved North American Indians.
Africa where slaves where brought from to America by Europe.
Australia where the aboriginal tribes were also basically kicked off their lands by Europeans.

Stop blaming everyone else and there is no conspiracy you say? Tell that to the millions if not billions of dead.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
If black people can't fix themselves, I think we need to channel that "black power" and send all the hood-rats to mexico to fight the drug cartels.

Along with the white trailer trash that is also living off of government assistance and foodstamps, correct?

You are a disgrace to the word "human"

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Best response i've read on this forum in a long time.

If it was up to me, the debate stops here.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

edit on 22-10-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

Yes you can send them too. I mean it's either die in prison or die on the streets. Just figured they'd want to go gang-bang some more.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Don't let anyone tell you that your post is racist... that's crap.

A few years ago when I was still in undergrad at Temple U., everyone is required to take a "race course" ( any course which discusses race and society is fine ). I took "Philosophy of the African American Experience" and it was one of my favorite courses ever because of the Prof. The Prof. was a 27 year old PhD who was Af.Am. First day of class he would dress like he was hanging on the corner, and sit with the students waiting for the professor to show up and listen to what people would say about their anticipations about the prof. we didn't know he was 27. So when he eventually got up and said I'm Prof. X (leaving his name out), we all just started laughing and making jokes thinking he was playing.

He proved a point.

Now what I really wanted to mention about this class is that I was labeled a racist by the Af. Am. students in the class while the Prof defended me for my one statement. It was as follows:

You know I'm getting a little tired of students in this class, and Black people in general all over the US bringing up slavery and saying the 'white man' is holding me down. I'm a Jew, just over 60 years ago some assholes tried to wipe my kind off the face of the earth, and all throughout history we have been persecuted, enslaved, and mistreated. Yet as a society, we are successful. You never hear anyone say I can't get a job because my grandfathers ENTIRE family was murdered in cold blood on their own doorstep by Nazis in Ukraine. Slavery ended over 150 years ago, and still you can't get a job because of what happened to your family about 8 generations ago.

The reason we get by is because we act as a community and help one another. When was the last time you heard the phrase Jew on Jew crime?? You haven't. But Black on Black crime isn't even called that anymore because its so common. Perhaps if ya'll got your # together as a community, maybe you can be just as successful. There is strength in numbers. Jews are near 1% of the US population, while Af. Am. are between 13-17% of the US population. So when is the complaining going to stop and the community as a whole gets it's # together?

Instantly I heard boo's and people calling me a racist. The Prof stood up and literally applauded me. He said, "you are 100% right".... "and you got balls for saying that in a room half full of black folk." He then proceeded to chastise the students who criticized me for not being able to take a hard look at themselves.

Honestly, race only matters if you let it.

Best example I have, I used to manage a large retail operation in Pittsburgh, PA. I was in charge of 6 stores. About 40% of my staff was black, which i never cared about who I hired, as long as they made me money. I had interviews to fill a position. 2 people were left, a black kid, and a white kid. Same age, both HS grads, no college. I hired the white kid, no because he was white, but because the black kid couldn't speak properly. He sounded stupid and incomprehensible. And honestly, while the black kid did have more charisma and charm, I would never buy anything from him since I couldn't really talk to him. I even asked him to try and speak to me professionally, and he couldn't.

When he saw he didn't get the job, he cried discrimination. When I explained to him why he didn't get hired, he said that the way he talks is how black folk talk. I took him around to every store and let him listen to how all the "other black folk" i hired speak to customers. Out of embarrassment I assume he tried to save face and say they aren't real black folk and i'd hear from his lawyer. (of course i never heard from anyone)

This whole being black comes with its own specific identity that you must be pigeon holed into is what's holding back the community. Education and smarts should be prized not ridiculed. Being a thug on the corner is what should be looked down upon.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Whatsreal

you cant always tell on appearance that a jewish person is jewish or not so thats why they wouldn't be held back as much as a " black " man cos your colour is quite hard to disguise

" Perhaps if ya'll got your # together as a community "

you see thats whats problem with this world we are all one community we are all one race

the human race!!!!

maybe we do need an outside threat for people to realise this
edit on 22/9/2011 by theruthlessone because: added

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join