It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 young black kids.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse

Not that you don't raise some points to discuss, but it just as easily could have been 4 white youths doing the same stupid things. It seems this generation, regardless of color, doesn't have much feeling or soul. You hear stories like this far too often. Too often it seems, parents have failed to raise human beings, truly sad.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
These are very troubling numbers . Its a shame to see the black community be constantly pleaged with this. Its even sadder for some to rationlize this with the man just trying to hold us down. Is it the lure of easy money that so easaily traps these youth in the vicious cycle of money power jail. Its temporary pleasures being exchanged for long term productivity .

Perhaps they just don't think they will live that long to make anything count. Perhaps its just so much temporary pleasure clouding there minds that they never really think about problem reaction solution.

How many black councilers is it going to take, how many church members , family meetings untill they snap out of it .

Hopefully things get better and they start on a path of productivity instead of letting them be fuel for a bigger system

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I've done some volunteer social-type work in the projects. And there are problems that have no easy solution it seems.

The saddest thing is that in a tough environment the victims often become victimizers...and there's always a victimizer outside the door.

How do you fix that? I don't know.

There are many that overcome, and we all are, ultimately, responsible for ourselves...but that's a tough row to hoe.

Of note: I did have some black men who were addressing and working on the issue in their own communities tell me that it was 'their' problem and that it was basically no concern of mine.

They said it politely, but it did have an impact on me.

Thugs of any color make me see red, but what forces have created these kids?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2
These are very troubling numbers . Its a shame to see the black community be constantly pleaged with this. Its even sadder for some to rationlize this with the man just trying to hold us down. Is it the lure of easy money that so easaily traps these youth in the vicious cycle of money power jail. Its temporary pleasures being exchanged for long term productivity .

Perhaps they just don't think they will live that long to make anything count. Perhaps its just so much temporary pleasure clouding there minds that they never really think about problem reaction solution.

How many black councilers is it going to take, how many church members , family meetings untill they snap out of it .

Hopefully things get better and they start on a path of productivity instead of letting them be fuel for a bigger system

I like your comment, because you are a loving caring individual.

Love is the answer. I love all people, but sometimes I hate what people do.

But truth be told, many Black Americans, can not realize what is needed, because white Americans are too afraid to express themselves. Somehow, many white Americans, feel that if they speak their mind, they will be labelled a racist.

But I tell you, no matter what color your skin is, if we want a better society, then we have to hold all citizens to task.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
I've done some volunteer social-type work in the projects. And there are problems that have no easy solution it seems.

The saddest thing is that in a tough environment the victims often become victimizers...and there's always a victimizer outside the door.

How do you fix that? I don't know.

There are many that overcome, and we all are, ultimately, responsible for ourselves...but that's a tough row to hoe.

Of note: I did have some black men who were addressing and working on the issue in their own communities tell me that it was 'their' problem and that it was basically no concern of mine.

They said it politely, but it did have an impact on me.

Thugs of any color make me see red, but what forces have created these kids?

They told you it was none of your business, but in truth, it is all of our business.

I appreciate you honest sharing of your experience.

To me, the most powerful force on this planet, the force that can remove any obstacle, the force that can unite all of humanity, is the the force that is most lacking in this world, and that force is Love.

Love, can not work, if truth is not upheld. For they are cut of the same cloth.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by thcnemesisv2

Nope I live under a roof like most people.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I retract my last statement about living under a rock. Clearly you have lived a very sheltered life. A thousand pardons.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver

You cannot be dependent on statistic for what goes on in the "real" world.

WHAT DO YOU RELY ON FOR WHAT GOES ON IN THE "REAL" WORLD? FANTASY?

Crime, is committed by EVERYONE!!

THE FACT IS THAT THE MAJORITY OF CRIMES ARE COMMITTED BY A 13% MINORITY.

There is NO one race that has tendencies for laziness, blame, or criminal activity!

ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS AT WORK IS A BLACK MAN, WHO HOLDS LICENSES IN 3 DIFFERENT TRADES, PIPE FITTING, PLUMBING, AND SPRINKLER FITTER. HE WORKS HARD, OWNS 5 HOMES, AND IS THE ABSOLUTELY NICEST PERSON YOU WOULD EVER WANT TO MEET. I RESPECT HIM IMMENSELY.

BLACK YOUTH SHOULD FOLLOW THE EXAMPLE OF MEN LIKE THESE.

NRE.

I agree. Black youth have little to no "good" role models. The ones they do have encourage youth to say "fack the man, I wanna sell drugs and be rich and not pay taxes just to stick to 'em". Or I wanna be just like 'lil Wayne or Jay-Z.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by thcnemesisv2

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse

You cannot be dependent on statistic for what goes on in the "real" world.

WHAT DO YOU RELY ON FOR WHAT GOES ON IN THE "REAL" WORLD? FANTASY?

Crime, is committed by EVERYONE!!

THE FACT IS THAT THE MAJORITY OF CRIMES ARE COMMITTED BY A 13% MINORITY.

There is NO one race that has tendencies for laziness, blame, or criminal activity!

ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS AT WORK IS A BLACK MAN, WHO HOLDS LICENSES IN 3 DIFFERENT TRADES, PIPE FITTING, PLUMBING, AND SPRINKLER FITTER. HE WORKS HARD, OWNS 5 HOMES, AND IS THE ABSOLUTELY NICEST PERSON YOU WOULD EVER WANT TO MEET. I RESPECT HIM IMMENSELY.

BLACK YOUTH SHOULD FOLLOW THE EXAMPLE OF MEN LIKE THESE.

NRE.

I agree. Black youth have little to no "good" role models. The ones they do have encourage youth to say "fack the man, I wanna sell drugs and be rich and not pay taxes just to stick to 'em". Or I wanna be just like 'lil Wayne or Jay-Z.

Absolutely. And getting deeper into that way of thinking... lowere IQ and higher self esteem is a breeding ground for disaster... inductivist.blogspot.com... (amongst other scientific studies and articles that back that up. google IS your friend) www.news-medical.net...

If stating facts are indeed racists, we need to redefine what "racist" is.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Actually no I do NOT depend on fantasy for my findings. I am a product of such intense areas in my life from growing up in the South Bronx NYC. I have seen those who had nothing to eat, no place to go, missing parents, and children fending for themselves.

In the poorest areas of my neighborhood, we had no color, we didnt look down on puerto ricans, or white kids, black kids or mexicans. We were people trying to survive in a place that seemed to have been over looked.

There was at least 5 liquor stores on each corner, schools were out of books, teachers no longer cared, and kids were being taken from their homes. On the weekends my friends and their families would wait on line for low cost food, and our playgrounds were covered with crack pipes and crack heads.

There was a shooting EVERY DAY, and we learned to somehow seem past it to have about a half hour a day of fun.

I lost many people that I cared for and we all seemed to come to a consensus that some of us would get out, and some not. Of course their were some bad apples, but we understood that we didn't choose where we came from, and for most of us we had no idea where we were going.

Unless you have lived, and or are familiar with the in and outs of a society that many fail to see unless forced, the ghetto is no joke, and I can only hope for things to get better. Many kids in those areas that get passed by, because there are about 10-15 apartments in projects with 14 or more floors, so yes, some are overlooked.

Its a product of our society, and unless we look at the root of the problem, we will continue to overlook the product of some peoples environment.

NRE.

Again, I appreciate the discourse. And again I say that Love and Peace are the answer.

So you came from a tough neighborhood, so what. That means you got a license to kill?

I say those people who came from a tough neighborhood and prevailed peacefully over iniquity, are the people that we should try to emulate, not the people, who lived in a tough neighborhood, and sunk to their lowest level to hurt other human beings.
edit on 21-10-2011 by Hendrix92TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

How can their be love and peace when one is taught or not taught but is grown up around hatred? Especially hatred and or bad talking about one race or another? It becomes ingrained. Especially at young ages when uneducated and ignorant adults and/or parents don't understand the capacity of a young childs mind to absorb everything in their surroundings. Hence the ingraining.

Biology also plays a major rule but that train of thought is frowned upon due to PC. Racism has occured since the beginning of time because people are more comfortable with what they are familiar with and humans have a propensity to "hate" those which they don't understand, hence why the race is biolical not social issue is of utmost importance.

I've grew up and lived with blacks all my life. Once the majority reach a certain age the majority dissaciate themselves with the "whitey's" for one reason or another. Primarily so they don't become house 'n-word's or uncle toms. Where I live, the majority of blacks that associatie with whites (males, females is another subject) are labeld and scrutinized. Truth be told, real life experiences. I also know whites that grew up in the same neighborhoods and areas and they don't commit crimes on the scale that the blacks do. Blacks DO feel as though that something is warranted to them. And you can blame that on the upbringing. I've always said that it strarts at home. (btw, not only real life experience I speak from but also I have a few friends that are inner city school teachers. Money won't solve the problem, home life will is the conclusion we all agreed upon. sad but true)

Note to mods: I used the term I did under the assumption that it would automatically be censored as it has been in the past unlike slurs such as cracker, whitey or white boy which also should be censored. failure to do so is in fact reverse racism. food for thought. Donka
edit on 21-10-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver
[mo!

edit on 21-10-2011 by zbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

How can their be love and peace when one is taught or not taught but is grown up around hatred? Especially hatred and or bad talking about one race or another? It becomes ingrained.

I've grew up and lived with blacks all my life. Once the majority reach a certain age the majority dissaciate themselves with the "whitey's" for one reason or another. Primarily so they don't become house 'n-word's or uncle toms. Where I live, the majority of blacks that associatie with whites (males, females is another subject) are labeld and scrutinized. Truth be told, real life experiences.

Note to mods: I used the term I did under the assumption that it would automatically be censored as it has been in the past unlike slurs such as cracker, whitey or white boy. Donka.

I appreciate your real world experience, but would hold all people to task, regardless of their skin color, to be fine upstanding citizens.

Love , Peace, and Truth are all spat upon by ignorant people.

Therefore, if you believe in Love, Peace, and Truth, you must fully expect to be spat upon. But that negative experience must not deter you from speaking of Love, Peace, or Truth.

Because, eventually, all will be enlightened, and accept your message as truth.

Even if, all don't become enlightened, what king of legacy, do you want to leave your children?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
If IQ's stats meant anything..then Asians are the more intelligent than all other races.You have human rights and animal rights committed left and right over there. So if IQ's meant the lower they are the more violent they are then how does that explain those things committed in Asia.

I don't think IQ's have anything to do with how violent a race is...I think it is more to do with poverty levels.

Poor people commit violent crimes...If your not white..you are most likely to be poor and we all know it is the poor who most likely will commit crimes. Which means that poor whites also commit violent crimes against other races or each other...same as blacks...etc

It is just more controversial, sell more papers, leads more viewers to watch the news and also leads people to their website if there is race against race violence.

How many violent crimes are committed by the rich and just swept under the rug due to their family connections?...we may never know since they would never make the paper.

I am not saying they should get a pass because of how they were raised...I am saying that people should stop being ignorant and stop using stats to justify their hate.

Stats don't mean crap.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I enlighten my children, to love everyone. Both of my children attend a Christian church. I don't agree with organized religion and my oldest son is intelligent enough to understand why I don't believe in OR so I tell him and he still attends services. Christianity is about Jesus the Christs' teachings and philosophys. He knows that and that is why he still attends even though I gave him the decision to attend or not to attend. The teachings of JC are about tolerance and love
. And when my younger son is able to comprehend all of that I will gradually let him know the truth about living a true life, which is being tolerant and fruitfull in life as JC told us we should live.

It is important to be enlightned like you say and I wish more of us were more open minded because we would notice the differences of everyone no matter what race, color, creed or religion and that would help make us understand. That in effect would help with the tolerance
. That is what I believe and what I "ingrain" into my two young men.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Look, you're 47. That means at some point you were 13-18. (derp logic, I know)

Why did I just say this?

Because we both know the BS you just spewed. We were all kids, we all got into some sort of trouble. You didn't know where your kids were or what they were doing. My parents like to spout that line too. And every time I do I bring up something they didn't know about just to prove it.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
If IQ's stats meant anything..then Asians are the more intelligent than all other races.You have human rights and animal rights committed left and right over there. So if IQ's meant the lower they are the more violent they are then how does that explain those things committed in Asia.

I don't think IQ's have anything to do with how violent a race is...I think it is more to do with poverty levels.

Poor people commit violent crimes...If your not white..you are most likely to be poor and we all know it is the poor who most likely will commit crimes. Which means that poor whites also commit violent crimes against other races or each other...same as blacks...etc

It is just more controversial, sell more papers, leads more viewers to watch the news and also leads people to their website if there is race against race violence.

How many violent crimes are committed by the rich and just swept under the rug due to their family connections?...we may never know since they would never make the paper.

I am not saying they should get a pass because of how they were raised...I am saying that people should stop being ignorant and stop using stats to justify their hate.

Stats don't mean crap.

Um, I beg to differ. When you say Stats don't mean crap, were you serious?

Unless you can offer opposing statistics, then I say that stats do mean something.

Yes, there is inequity, in sentencing and jailing, but it does not add up to the "stats" known today.

I pray for the day, that all people can rise up and be appreciated, for their contributions to our society. but when criminal elements show us their work, I will raise my voice.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

Look, you're 47. That means at some point you were 13-18. (derp logic, I know)

Why did I just say this?

Because we both know the BS you just spewed. We were all kids, we all got into some sort of trouble. You didn't know where your kids were or what they were doing. My parents like to spout that line too. And every time I do I bring up something they didn't know about just to prove it.

You're a sick individual.

4 kids beat up an 84 year old citizen, and you say that you used to do stuff like this.

Heaven help you.

You're a sick individual
edit on 21-10-2011 by Hendrix92TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This article is pretty insulting, for every "thug" you have an african american male that is trying to make it in this system that had prior to 45-50 years ago already established him as a second class citizen before he even took in his first breath. And he contributes to society, works hard, and keeps his nose clean.

There are criminals, miscreants, and deadbeats in every "race". Cut the crap.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
This article is pretty insulting, for every "thug" you have an african american male that is trying to make it in this system that had prior to 45-50 years ago already established him as a second class citizen before he even took in his first breath. And he contributes to society, works hard, and keeps his nose clean.

So by your logic, about 50% of blacks have made a positive contribution, well I have to agree with you, because that is what the statistics say.

Don't be afraid to call criminals what they are, no matter what color they are.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave

It just so happens that ONE race is specifically more prone to commit these types of crimes (in the U.S.) than other races and the stats back that up.

And through my real life experiences the income or neighborhood plays little significance but what does play a huge part is race. REAL LIFE experiences.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join