It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Memory of the late Col. Muammar Gaddafi - What History Books will NEVER tell your kids about

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
A few things jump out at me from this thread.

1) The MSM is an incredibly effective propaganda machine; any overseas conflict is easily justified by a few well-placed "journalists".

2) One post had a video from RT highlighting similarities between the campaign against Libya and the Yugoslav campaign. I've stated before that the importance of the Yugoslav campaign was to turn NATO into an offensive organisation, and effectively a US controlled military branch that could strike in and around Europe. We are now clearly seeing the results.

And yes, the blueprint they used was almost identical. Use the MSM to demonise whoever was in power, highlight the "valiant efforts" of the "rebels", who are nothing more than terrorists and mercenaries, and use false-flags to "legitimise" a bombing campaign and internal destabilisation without outwardly using ground forces.

3) Those whinging about Gaddafi supplying Semtex can get off your high horses. How many wpeaons have the US and UK supplied to known terrorist organisations? How many corners of the world have been left littered with DU that continues to affect the health of the locals? The hypocrisy is astounding.

Gaddafi was murdered without an opportunity to defend himself and his actions. If obama had met the same fate for his warmongering would there be this kind of cheerleading from the same posters.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Hitler, Stalin, Genghis Khan and others all did good things as well as Gaddafi so does that make them missunderstood as well?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
194 flags even though the OP is full of lies and inaccuracies. Amazing. Deny Ignorance?

I had no idea so many supporters of Dictatorships were here. Are you all Gaddafi Supporters from Libya? How long did it take you all to contact each other to flag this thread? Where did you all meet and form as a group?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I'm serious here. Page after page of new members. Who organized this? Are you all from another Board or all from a single organization? You all on the same email group?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The more "Our" government proves to be something most of us hate and would willing fight against, the shorter the life of these bastards. Our "Presidents" are clearly guilty of "war crimes"...but where is the court, the judge...the jury?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Let me get this straight...Libya needed to be carpet bombed because they were...I missed that part.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I'm serious here. Page after page of new members. Who organized this? Are you all from another Board or all from a single organization? You all on the same email group?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrenchOsage

Let me get this straight...Libya needed to be carpet bombed because they were...I missed that part.

Helps if you read the posts, don't you think? Where did I say that? You of course know I said nothing at all on that topic. You just make it up as you go along?

This thread by the way is in support of Gaddafi by Gaddafi supporters. That's the topic I'm on.

Bad people support bad people. Gaddafi was a Dictator. His own people took him down. He most certainly was slaughtering them for protesting. Only liars who support this Dictator say otherwise and of course they lie. You can't make a valid argument for supporting a Dictator, ever.

As to should we have gotten involved? Hell NO! That clear enough for you? It's the OP I was responding too however.

Should the people of Libya have revolted and demanded a Democratic system? Hell YES! They killed the man. You opposed to them?
edit on 10/31/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
new members is probably cos were starting to see how much our society stinks, no one i know with half a brain believes the official version of why we went to Libya eg liberation and certainly over here many are now quite disgruntled that the bbc furthered this obviously false agenda. I think people are searching for the truth now, so yes it probably has created a whole load of new members, like me. I believe he was framed about Lockerbie, I cant comment on condiitions inside Libya itself

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
This thread by the way is in support of Gaddafi by Gaddafi supporters. That's the topic I'm on.

And it is just the way it should be!

Bad people support bad people.

You do support terrorists then, because the so called freedom fighters are Al Qaeda.

Qaddafi was a Dictator.

No he wasn't. Proof that he wasn't was posted a dozen times.

His own people took him down.

Nope, a bunch of CIA / MI6 and SAS led Al Qaeda terrorists and extremists. Was proven in numerous threads on the board.

He most certainly was slaughtering them for protesting.

Nope he didn't. He attacked the terrorists I was talking about above and rightfully so.

Only liars who support this Dictator say otherwise and of course they lie.

Looks like you are either a liar or simply ignorant and dumb, if you consider all the proof for rebel and NATO crimes that was posted throughout the last 7 months

You can't make a valid argument for supporting a Dictator, ever.

Qaddafi wasn't a dictator, so no problem here.

Should the people of Libya have revolted and demanded a Democratic system? Hell YES! They killed the man.

Almost 2 Million people demonstrated on the 1st of July 2011 pro Qaddafi in Tripoli. Video evidence of these protests was posted as well and is still available on Youtube.

He was slaughtered by terrorists.

edit on 4-11-2011 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane

No-one is saying that Gadaffi did not do bad things. It is hard to find reliable facts that he was a dictator and oppressed his people though. When the war first began, the rebel numbers rebelling were only a minority, in the 10s of 1000s if I remember out of a population of roughly 8 million.

If he was a dictator, I'm sure most of the population would of stood together, but it is funny to find how many backed gadaffi in and as stated in another post in this thread, people flocked around him to support him. If he had roughly 2 million people willing to support him, get bombed for him, die for him, doesn't that tell you that at least 1/4 of the population wanted him to stay in power, compared to a handful of rebels being funded by foreign forces.

Yes there were some laws that I do not agree with, the likes of losing limbs for crimes etc, but around that, Libya seemed like a very well organised country before the civil war. Compare Libya to other failed states around the region as well and you find that Libya was actually one of the best run countries in the region.

There are a few other things that I noticed as well. The likes of no alcohol in the country, the money that was put back into the people that no-one in our western countries would dream about getting unless they worked their asses off for it, the health care, the education, the homeless, free seeds for farming, the list goes on... Where is all of this in Western society? and we call him a dictator? Everything mentioned above our civilians must pay for out of our own pockets.

Unfortunetly for the Libyans, they will be doing the same thing from here on in I say.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

His own people took him down? Get a grip.

Rebel numbers were around 16,000 yeah?
Libyan population is roughly 8 million.
You know without weapons involved thats a protest in other countries? without foreign interference of course.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Hmmmm....I wonder what the families of the people Qaddafi had murdered in other countries think of him.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

Maybe check this out, it paints quite a different story.
You might learn something.

The Truth Is Viral - Libya: The Real Story

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I really am amazed at the ignorance and the amount of people who never ever seek to get the other side of a story, or more importantly ,when Our so called modern democracies start to Demonise a country and their leader, and our so called educated people 'Hmmm' yes you can't call a Sun reader educated, can't think of American equivalent, but the British media' and the British public' believe anything the BBC' and anything that our gov't put's out through media contact's, and if you are clued up regarding the really sleazyness side of International diplomacy, and it's quite entertaining reading and cyphering out the bull# that the International community is getting up to .
I knew that Gadaffi was going the way the British and French trickled out little tit-bits (mostly made up) and the Americans used their media as well , by pumping up the Jewish people that lost family members on the plane, it was a three-pronged attack from NATO' (WHO NEEDS THE ROUTE SECURED) AS THE Chinese and Pakistani's are best buddies, etc,etc, But the stories regarding Gadaffi and the abuse of human right's was downright lies most of it, (that is not saying he was a kind man) but the opening post get's it about right

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

how about you actually read the Post , instead of coming out with such nonsense! your either weird or stupid

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by zvezdar

I feel the world has been deprived of a Great leader, one who could have reshaped the way the World ran,for the benefit off all mankind, not just the 1% elite, and this ultimately led to His Death. His introduction of a new banking system "The Gold Dinar" would have shifted power back to the people, the West or should I say the Rothschilds and other Jewish banking firms Who use the disguise(IMF) would have lost control over the oil they so crave ,and I believe it wouldn't have been long before the Arab world followed the Gold Dinar too, perhaps creating a United Africa and Arabia? which basically would have destroyed the banking system used by most of the World and controlled by shadowy figures over night. This would have stopped the banks pulling off robberies like the One they just pulled and for which We are all suffering, Are you all stupid enough to believe trillions and trillions just vanished overnight without the banks or those that run them benefiting? We have all been duped ,Big time, and there is probably tons of gold hidden away in Switzerland or somewhere else. And Gadaffi RIP knew it, and wanted change, ask yourself, would change have been such a bad thing? The thing is ,He might have been our only "Exit plan", Our escape from The NWO or whatever you want to call it, as its Not a New world order, but a rather old one, invented by Jews thousands of years ago. I for one have a rather hollow feeling after the Death of this Great Man, Yes I agree, He was not perfect, He may have done some bad things in his time, but whatever it pales into insignificance when compared to the West and more specifically USA/UK and EU, We are the ones with a lot to answer for, and as for the Jews, Hitler would have gotten nowhere without his Jewish bankers was it not a Jew who devised a plan for Hitler to finance His war, and was it not Jews profiteering from the death of there own race? do your own investigations ,seek for yourself and discount the Mainstream medias take on the World, for if anyone is evil it is them!
Gadaffis Last Will and Testemant

“This is my will. I, Muammar bin Mohammad bin Abdussalam bi Humayd bin Abu Manyar bin Humayd bin Nayil al Fuhsi Gaddafi, do swear that there is no other God but Allah and that Mohammad is God’s Prophet, peace be upon him. I pledge that I will die as Muslim.

Should I be killed, I would like to be buried, according to Muslim rituals, in the clothes I was wearing at the time of my death and my body unwashed, in the cemetery of Sirte, next to my family and relatives.

I would like that my family, especially women and children, be treated well after my death. The Libyan people should protect its identity, achievements, history and the honourable image of its ancestors and heroes. The Libyan people should not relinquish the sacrifices of the free and best people.

I call on my supporters to continue the resistance, and fight any foreign aggressor against Libya, today, tomorrow and always.

Let the free people of the world know that we could have bargained over and sold out our cause in return for a personal secure and stable life. We received many offers to this effect but we chose to be at the vanguard of the confrontation as a badge of duty and honour.

Even if we do not win immediately, we will give a lesson to future generations that choosing to protect the nation is an honour and selling it out is the greatest betrayal that history will remember forever despite the attempts of the others to tell you otherwise.”

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
He was a great man, he was killed by nato

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by EyeTruthTv

Another example of Why NATO bombed Libya
Most of us knew that the Iraq War was fought over Oil, but most believe the Mainstream Medias propaganda that the Libyan intervention was on behalf of the Libyan people. Truth is the Libyan people were happy under Gadaffi, and the so called rebels were little more than foreign recruited Mercenary's hired by MI6/CIA fighting for the West access to Libyan Oil, articles like this are absolute proof of such dirty tricks played out on the World stage
Article from The Guardian Newspaper 14/11/11

Heritage Oil chief recruits former Tory candidate for access to Libya’s reserve.

Ex-special forces soldiers aim to gain energy deals

Tony Buckingham buying into Saharan oil operators

David Leigh and Derek Brower

guardian.co.uk, Sunday 13 November 2011 19.48 GMT

Tony Buckingham, the British former soldier of fortune who heads Heritage Oil, the exploration firm, appears to have sought assistance from a would-be Conservative MP to get a foothold in Libya, following the role of UK forces there in installing the new regime.

According to leaked correspondence, Buckingham – with another ex-special forces soldier, former SAS commander Major General John Holmes – is working with a would-be Tory MP, property developer Christian Sweeting.

Buckingham is also buying into local Libyan oil operators, paying $19m last month for a share of a little-known Benghazi-based oil trader called Sahara Oil Services Holdings.

Sweeting wrote to William Hague this year on Heritage’s behalf. His letter gives an insight into the world of political influence, in which Sweeting sought, apparently unsuccessfully, to get a meeting for Buckingham with the foreign secretary.

Buckingham himself had made sizeable personal donations to the 2010 Tory election campaign – £50,000 to Central Office and £5,000 to the key marginal of Carmarthen West. The local party chairman there was the lobbyist Stephen Crouch.

Crouch’s own lobbying activities have generated recent controversy. He was revealed to have donated to an aide to the former defence secretary Liam Fox, and subsequently gained a meeting with arms sales minister Gerald Howarth.

Sweeting, who narrowly failed to win a 2010 general election seat in Torquay, wrote his letter to the foreign secretary on 10 May, marking it confidential and reminding him that the two men had met recently at the Carlton Club, a Conservative party watering-hole.

He said Heritage Oil was “untainted” by any association with the Gaddafi regime and “the UK should capitalise on this”. He wrote: “The executive directors of Heritage would welcome an opportunity to meet you or your officials to discuss their proposals, to demonstrate that they are being provided in the national interest.”

Sweeting, whose Bentley is said to be a familiar sight in Conservative circles, asked a favour: that UK visas be granted to the group of Libyan insurgents with whom he had been negotiating. “I would be most grateful if in these special and to some extent unique circumstances your office could ask the UK Border Agency to expedite the issue of a single visit visa to the Libyans nominated below … This visit would be hosted by Heritage.”

Sweeting signed his letter “With warmest regards… Christian Sweeting KCSG MRICS”. These initials denote his membership of the royal institution of chartered surveyors, and his papal knighthood in the order of St Gregory.

There is no evidence the four Libyans concerned received any special official treatment as a result. Foreign office sources say they were processed in the normal way.

Sweeting has set up a company, International Mineral Resources, with Patrick Newman. Newman, who has links with the British-Uzbek Society, also makes commercial introductions, according to Craig Murray, former ambassador to Uzbekistan .

Sweeting went to Benghazi to promote Heritage, with Gen Holmes. Like Buckingham, Holmes moved from the army to the world of private military companies. He joined Erinys, which had security contracts in Iraq, and recently set up his own firm, Titon. Holmes succeeded in “bumping into members of the UK military mission who he knew”, on the trip, according to Sweeting’s letter.

Sweeting told the Guardian: “I wrote to the foreign secretary at an early point in the Libyan rebellion not to lobby him but to inform him and ensure that our efforts were known to HMG.

“The request for visas was for members of the national transitional council and/or their key advisers – at a time prior to recognition when the only visa office available to those persons was located in Tripoli and consequently unavailable to ‘rebels’ in Benghazi.”

The Jersey-registered Heritage Oil company declined to comment on the Sweeting letter.

At the age of 59, Buckingham himself was ex SpecialBoatService

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyeTruthTv
He was a great man, he was killed by nato

Really? Video looks like he got schwacked by some of his own people. Didn't see any NATO troops there.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join