It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Memory of the late Col. Muammar Gaddafi - What History Books will NEVER tell your kids about

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Two posts up from yours, I conceded.

You all have convinced me....

Who am I to shatter your belief and faith here?

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Could you please tell us in what ways the Libyan people were oppressed?

I'm not saying I don't believe you, but the OP laid out a very concise and detailed post stating his beliefs and links to prove them. Can you do the same? Are your friends trustworthy? Can they, or you, provide links to how they were oppressed? No personal blogs please, those aren't proof.

Again, I'm not saying I don't believe you. You just haven't given me a reason to do so yet.

+62 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
In 2009 I was in Libya for 7 months, the Russian company I was working for at the time got a contract to build a highway in Libya. When I was there I saw allot of people who were happy with Gaddafi, and I was very very shocked when I saw the videos of his body being dragged on the news. I could not believe it. During the 7 months I was there, I saw so much love from the people towards him, everyone had Gaddafi’s picture or his sons picture on their mobile phones, and they all spoke well of him. I would like to add the following points brought up by the OP are true.

Free education, true
Free health care, true
$50,000 housing money for just married couples, True
Interest free loans, True, furthermore, lending or giving money under interest was forbidden by the law.
Near free gasoline prices, true
plus the unemployment which was near 800usd a month, far more than in allot of European countries.
Plus the money given for each birth to the parents.
The golden Dinar is true as well.
If these points are true, then the OP did his research and the rest I am sure are true as well.

This I know from first hand, actually being there, not like most people here who have never been to the country and make worthless posts about it. During my 7 months I never saw any oppression or anything. I respected the man, I believe he was a good lieder and the country lost the greatest asset it had. Libya will be in civil war and will see the greatest suffering yet for the next 20-50 years.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr.Jcury

Thanks for your insight. I wonder, are these Russian Companies still there or were they told to get out of the country by this new Libyan NTC Government?

+20 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong:

Not saying you are wrong but can you please deconstruct it and tell me what is propaganda. Thanks.

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade:

I could, but it would be much better for you and anyone else actually interested in the truth to do their own research and draw their own conclusions.

Much more healthy that way... Besides, if you need someone to point out what is propaganda and what is not, you may already be too far gone to help.

So your counter-argument to the O.P. is simply to use the words "effective" and "propaganda"? Why bother to comment at all then? To use these type of words which draw a negative connotation without any further elaboration is the equivalent of a witchcraft technique. The type of technique which slips suggestions into sleepy or lazy minds - by using a false air of confidence or authority - i.e. "I don't have to elaborate as it is so country-simple and obvious, that any reasonably intelligent person would not require any elaboration."

Sufficiently intimidated by this voodoo, the reader ceases reading any further and drifts off to another thread.

Brave work O.P. Thanks for the efforts.

Gaddafi is dead because he crossed the mafia and had a contract put out on him.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
[QUOTE]And just to note, almost EVERY country in Africa today is dependent on Foreign Aid, with Libya being the exception. This will be further analysed later in the thread. [/QUOTE]
This is a deliberate misrepresentation.

@Mr.Jcury
How do you explain the massive scenes of celebration now that he's dead then? There was clearly enough of a dislike of him for people to rise up against him. Maybe people he favoured showed affection for him, if you weren't one of them though, life would have been difficult, to say the least.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

It would help if you could provide proof for your statements, but obviously you can't, so I guess you are either misinformed or simply lying.

Originally posted by MortlitantiFMMJ
@Mr.Jcury
How do you explain the massive scenes of celebration now that he's dead then? There was clearly enough of a dislike of him for people to rise up against him. Maybe people he favoured showed affection for him, if you weren't one of them though, life would have been difficult, to say the least.

Did you see who celebrated there? Al Qaeda and soldiers from Qatar, not the common people. There hasn't been a single report WITH VIDEO EVIDENCE that the people of Libya were celebrating.
edit on 21-10-2011 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

reply to post by PuterMan

Two posts up from yours, I conceded.

You all have convinced me....

So why don't you make thread about how bad Gaddafi was with some evidence then, instead of just repeating your same useless comments on this one?

And if he was such a bad guy, why was he in power for 40 some years?

I'm wondering how long it'll be before we hear "We must take immediate action against the Islamic radicals who have slipped in and taken over Libya after the revolution."

Yay for 3 simultaneous wars supported by negative 10 trillion dollars....

edit on 21-10-2011 by TheSnowman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Deny Ignorance

It's not incumbent upon me to do that for you.

You can become enlightened, or remain among the mindless ignorant who absorb virtually anything as truth without having enough skepticism to ask your own questions and seek answers, ultimately the truth.

Which would you rather be in this case?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ALF88

There was an interview with an Irish-Libyan on about a month ago, on Irish TV. He lived in Ireland about 16 years I think it was, and gave up his job, and left his family so he could go fight in the revolution. He spoke of being forced out of Libya by Gadaffi, didn't seem like the Al-Qaeda type to me, I'll see if I can find it, but he obviously had very strong feeling to uproot like that.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSnowman
And if he was such a bad guy, why was he in power for 40 some years?

I'm wondering how long it'll be before we hear "We must take immediate action against the Islamic radicals who have slipped in and taken over Libya after the revolution."

Yay for 3 simultaneous wars supported by negative 10 trillion dollars....

Exactly. NATO took 40 years to remove this "brutal dictator" who didn't even have any anti-aircraft defence systems in his country!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Oh, how touching. Resulting to Ad Hominem attacks even at the face of solid evidence.

edit on 21-10-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
I don't know who is good or bad or what have you but, on all the media coverage over this conflict I never saw who the "rebels" were fighting.
If the people of the country were all for outing their leader, why did it take 8 months and thousands of airstikes to dislodge him? This wasn't a revolution but merely civil war. Left and right killing each other.
Nato is in it for the oil and infrastructure gains.
How many innocent people were killed in this schamozzel? More than they will tell you.
When does this militarized civilian population intend on putting down its guns? They won't.

All I can see happening now is an epic power vacuum. Resulting in a breakdown ofcivil relations and the formation of many power hungry factions fighting for control of the oil supplies.

The conflict in Libya is far from over.....
edit on 21/10/11 by spearhead because: toad

Hit the nail on the head. The whole MSM coverage and promotion of the Libyan war has always made me feel uneasy. IMHO the deposition of Ghadaffi by the baffling but unsurprising NATO/Al Quaeda led alliance is merely another step in the destabilisation of the Middle East along with Iraq and soon Syria. Perhaps it is all merely to create an unstable Islamic Insurgent super state that would be easy to sell to the Western masses when the weapons of their 'Allies' finally turn against the Rebels and our masters can have all the oil they can sell.

Ghadaffi was no saint but the fury of an angry mob probably allowed many sighs of relief in many Western offices yesterday. He was a wild card who probably knew more about our dear leaders than they would have liked.
As John McCain said yesterday...
"It's a beautiful day for democracy"
Without a hint of irony,
just a wry grin.
Oh yeah, S&F OP. It never hurts to bring a bit of balance into things.
edit on 21-10-2011 by HumansEh because: additions

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Thank you for your post.
I believe there are two sides of a coin, always.

One day far into the future, the people who pull these kind of strings will be judged.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALF88

It would help if you could provide proof for your statements, but obviously you can't, so I guess you are either misinformed or simply lying.

@Mr.Jcury

And who were they exactly? Bloodthirsty murderers and beasts. How can anyone do that to another human?
I am pretty sure if they kill you a few people from your town will celebrate, there is always some degree of dislike with any regime. Cut your demagogic BS. Are all the people happy with your countries government?

And to the question regarding Russian companies still being there, I don’t know, the funding dried up halfway and we were forced to return, but the highway was huge, 75KM

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Gaddafi was a pig who got what was coming to him.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Perhaps free healthcare meant an inexpensive bullet in the head to remedy any of your lingering pain or grievances...

Mass graves still being found in Libya: Red Cross

news.yahoo.com...

Anyhow, start waving around a Golden 9mm of your own, and the bankers will go after you as an asset.
edit on 21-10-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
Gaddafi was a pig who got what was coming to him.

Any proof for that?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kronix
his death was predicted by eric leigh-pink elppredictions2.blogspot.com...

Great post OP!

What a Bunch of Gullible, Dumb-A$$, Brain Dead, 'Sheepified', Narrow and Closed
Minded Ignoramuses we 'educated', 'civilised', 'first world' westerners really are!
Sick To Death Of It. Shame On Us All!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

reply to post by ALF88

There was an interview with an Irish-Libyan on about a month ago, on Irish TV. He lived in Ireland about 16 years I think it was, and gave up his job, and left his family so he could go fight in the revolution. He spoke of being forced out of Libya by Gadaffi, didn't seem like the Al-Qaeda type to me, I'll see if I can find it, but he obviously had very strong feeling to uproot like that.

He was a western propaganda plant/actor/faker/liar, just like the numerous other reported first world
citizens who 'felt compelled' to give up everything and go fight the righteous fight.
BS fodder for the naive and unquestioning MSM masses.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join