It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Memory of the late Col. Muammar Gaddafi - What History Books will NEVER tell your kids about

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by capone1

Soooo... if I give $ to charities, sponsored events, supported whoever needed support...

but at the same time...

suppressed millions, executed thousands, raped women and girls, etc.....

I should be remembered positvely by people like you?

Hey, I guess as long as someone puts up a website, and throws in a whole bunch of nonsense and lies, people must believe these lies as the truth right?...

It seems obvious that even ATS has been infiltrated by some deceitful people who have a very SHADY agenda/agendas, and who have been tasked to post nothing but lies and propaganda on websites like this one...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Wow what a thread, 40 years in power isn't that said enough.

I can't imagine having a president for 40 years.

Imagine having President (fill in the blank) for 40 year. I will go crazy too.
edit on 22-10-2011 by newkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Soooo... if I give $ to charities, sponsored events, supported whoever needed support...

but at the same time...

Hey, I guess as long as someone puts up a website, and throws in a whole bunch of nonsense and lies, people must believe these lies as the truth right?...

It seems obvious that even ATS has been infiltrated by some deceitful people who have a very SHADY agenda/agendas, and who have been tasked to post nothing but lies and propaganda on websites like this one...

I believe you may need some mental help my friend. I'm better than that. I know how to research. And the fact that you sound dissapointed in his death says enough to me.

Hang in there.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Whatever this man got up to in private we will probably never know but I do agree there waas a concerted effort to blacken his name when it suited and praise also when it suited TPTB.

On this basis there is so much propaganda flying around I have a tendency to switch off and choose neither side

However as I watched Gadaffi dying and associated footage the other day something struck me as odd the pro gaddaffi supporters being rounded up by the "rebels" all had immaculate clothing from what I could see & a lot of designer gear and even football shirts from my country but they were clean and pressed! And the "rebels" didnt look too shaby either wonder if anybody else saw this also?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DManc77
Whatever this man got up to in private we will probably never know but I do agree there waas a concerted effort to blacken his name when it suited and praise also when it suited TPTB.

On this basis there is so much propaganda flying around I have a tendency to switch off and choose neither side

However as I watched Gadaffi dying and associated footage the other day something struck me as odd the pro gaddaffi supporters being rounded up by the "rebels" all had immaculate clothing from what I could see & a lot of designer gear and even football shirts from my country but they were clean and pressed! And the "rebels" didnt look too shaby either wonder if anybody else saw this also?

They get tons of hand-me-downs from the government. Along with the guns.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I don't exactly see any rebels for gadafi against them. I don't exactly see any reprisals.

Thing about rebels is they tend to kill lots of people when their leaders die. They also tend to, you know, win...when they're supported.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

but at the same time...

Prove its lies and nonsense. As usual just sounds like your brain washed opinion. Before you try to slate certain regimes and praise others look at the record of the west its not as clean and squeaky as your blinkered and bias opinion would like to spread. R.I.P Gaddafi

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

Thats what I suspected capone1 it was quite surreal really the whole episode.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
What we did to the Muammar Gaddafi was wrong! Every world law was broken when he was killed. Just like Saddam Hussein.

Everyone deserves a trial by jury before execution. Our world is wrong and going in a despotic way.

When you run the next red light....should you be executed? Yes, a trite example...or is it?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Instead of giving so much money away such as $50,000 to newly married couples, etc. Gadaffi should have invested more money in defence. With all that Oil and Gold what was Gadaffi thinking? Its sad to say it but if he had a few nukes, He would still be alive today.
On a side note, Where is all of the chemical warfare\gas that Gadaffi was supposed to have? All lies it seems.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Redribbon

You're completely wrong. Wrong wrong. This was a libyan led revolution, effectively. They did not have hte means to do it on their own so the international community assisted them against what we have all known to be a cruel man. Justice was done, nothing else.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Go here:
www.telegraph.co.uk ...

7:00AM BST 09 Jun 2011

Luis Moreno-Ocampo said he may ask for a new charge of mass rape to be made against Gaddafi following the new evidence.

The chief International Criminal Court prosecutor is expecting a decision from judges within days on his request for crimes against humanity charges against the Libyan leader.

"Now we are getting some information that Gaddafi himself decided to rape, and this is new," Mr Moreno-Ocampo said.

He said there were reports of hundreds of women attacked in some areas of Libya, which is in the grip of a months-long internal rebellion.

There is your peace loving Gaddafi doing his thing again. They must have felt grateful.

I'm glad this disgusting man was put to rest. This is just the beginning of it too...

This thread is making me gag. Excuse me as I step outside to vomit my dinner.
edit on 22-10-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MortlitantiFMMJ

Originally posted by pshea38

Originally posted by MortlitantiFMMJ
reply to post by ALF88

There was an interview with an Irish-Libyan on about a month ago, on Irish TV. He lived in Ireland about 16 years I think it was, and gave up his job, and left his family so he could go fight in the revolution. He spoke of being forced out of Libya by Gadaffi, didn't seem like the Al-Qaeda type to me, I'll see if I can find it, but he obviously had very strong feeling to uproot like that.

He was a western propaganda plant/actor/faker/liar, just like the numerous other reported first world
citizens who 'felt compelled' to give up everything and go fight the righteous fight.
BS fodder for the naive and unquestioning MSM masses.

What possible reason could "tptb" have for wanting to convince a few Irish people that the intervention in Libya was justified, so much so that they'd plant someone in Ireland 15-20 years beforehand?

edit on 22/10/2011 by MortlitantiFMMJ because: (no reason given)

Ever heard of NWO? We will/shall all be one. and every little is what makes it big!
Would you be suprised with what some people can conceive, or with what other peolple will do
for mulawonga (i.e. money)?
How much would it take for you (or me) to announce to the world that your Grandmother was
a two-bit hussy who made her living from street corners in her younger days?
You refuse my offer - I raise you!
Understand?

Don't forget how the worlds media is owned by only 5 different companies!

RTE is sold out, just like all the rest! (As it would have to be! - Look how close we are to
the LION! (i.e The U.K.)).

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz
Human rights DO NOT apply to a mass murderer, he killed thousands of people including women and children, he may not have pulled the trigger but he certainly ordered most of it.

We need to remember that when it comes time to try the
leaders of u.s. and israel.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Not saying you are wrong but can you please deconstruct it and tell me what is propaganda. Thanks.

I could, but it would be much better for you and anyone else actually interested in the truth to do their own research and draw their own conclusions.

Much more healthy that way... Besides, if you need someone to point out what is propaganda and what is not, you may already be too far gone to help.

edit on 21-10-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

And in particular:

you may already be too far gone to help.

Huh?

I am not sure Mayabong needs help. You need help. Deft cop out though.

If you are taking the first step to accuse something of being not a truth but a bit of manufactured lie to dissuade, persuade or convince without basis in fact you should be able to back up your accusation, say what is the "propaganda" or what is the lie. I know spin when I hear it. That was like a salad mixer.
Mayabong called your bluff and you had ....0. Maybe you should try that again?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I think that makes a little sence to me as soon as anynation person people try to get out from under these free governments the governments go after them big time

All I know about Gaddafi was from Main Stream Media......you know what that means lies and Bull# for the most part ,if not all of it.

For the other ATS'rs out here try to remember Waco Tx when all those kids were murdered by the AFT(us government) for weapons violations...and within a couple of months we had a Full Feature Film declairing him Karesh as a child molestor. Thats when I started waking up!!!

Thnx for the links provided backing up your claims!!

edit on 23-10-2011 by StumpDrummer because: spelling ...I only gradiated the 3rd grade!!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

Bull#

I have a couple of close friends who are Libyans.....according to them Gadaffi was an egotistical maniac who oppressed his people.and filled them with fear!......the fact one of his closest allies was Robert Mugabe should speak volumes, unless you consider him to also be a "misunderstood" soul

Speak to a Libyan.......you won't find many, if any, mourning "Mad dog" Gadaffi.

you have obviously never read Machiavelli or you'd know better than than to believe the word of an exile.

my paternal grandfather was Cuban. was he a member of the exile community? of course not! he was black and emigrated during the batista/meyer lansky regime, which makes up most of the exile bs movement, because negros could only aspire to cutting sugar cane or prostitution if female.

certainly not one of your best posts, sir
edit on 23-10-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason
given)

Witch hunts in "free" Libya www.voltairenet.org...
and all the women in libya are certainly mourning qadaffi
oh look it was all bs after all

Critics of NATO’s intervention in Libya have launched some of their harshest indictments against the international media, and particularly Doha based station Al Jazeera, which positioned itself as the greatest champion of the so-called Arab Spring. The resignation of Al Jazeera director general Wadah Kanfar following the release of Wikileaks cables which expose his links to the CIA is sure to give such critics a sense of vindication. With the channel being seen as the "voice" of the movement against Muammar Gaddafi’s Libya, it also raises questions about the potential for Mr Kanfar and the channel’s vested interests in NATO’s intervention which brought that movement to power.

Lybia: Human rights impostors used to spawn NATO's fraudulent war www.voltairenet.org...

The names change but the methods remain the same. In Iraq the imperial war facilitator was Ahmed Chalabi. In Libya he goes by the name of Soliman Bouchuiguir, a shadowy human rights figure whose baseless allegations against Gaddafi were endorsed by the UN system and its affiliated human rights agencies without the slightest verification. Each one in his own way, Nazemroaya and Teil shed light on a failed system of international law and justice, which has made itself complicit in NATO’s war crimes in Libya.

edit on 23-10-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment and links

edit on 23-10-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
What exactly Gaddafi did may never be known. In large part that was his own fault. He routinely blocked NGOs and the UN from coming in and trying to verify or debunk claims. However, that does not make what happened right. The man deserved a fair trial in the international court.

The thing that keeps bugging me is the Al Qaida links. Many of the rebel leaders were/are self admitted members of Al Qaida and/or the Mujahideen that fought in Afghanistan against the USSR. Gadaffi helped Mali fight back against Al Qaida rebels. Why the switch in game plan from the US and NATO? Why did they back our supposed enemy against a man that helped fight them?

Gadaffi also ran interrogation programs for the US and UK. His military helped the US during the great rendetion scandal. The CIA was funneling money and Al Qaida operatives in to the country. Was this a way to get future "rebels" in to the country?

There are a lot of questions that people aren't paying attention to. There is something bigger than foreign banks and oil at work here. To me this looks like a long term game that we are completely out of the loop about. I don't pretend to know what it is. I feel there is something much more diabolical in store for the people of the world. We are seeing the edges of something that does not bode well for any of us.

I think the time may have passed for arguing about Gadaffi's personal character. It is time to start worrying about what is in store for Africa, the Middle East and Western Civilization. Could this be the foundation for a countinuos war state similar to Orwell's 1984. Could it be a way to ensure an enemy to justify a tyranical security state? What will these actions net us in blowback?

There is a conspiracy here bigger than anything ATS is equipped to handle in my opinion.
edit on 23-10-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Gaddafi was not good or bad. He was both. He did many good things for the Lybians, but his regime was oppressive. People who wanted more "freedom" (i.e. freedom in Western tems) were oppressed and suppressed by Gaddafi's regime.

Do you people remember Gaddafi's status before the war? he had supposedly regretted for his stance against the West, and he was a friend. Remember Gaddafi visiting Italy and France?

Then, one day, the tune changed. France attacked him, and shortly after NATO was involved. Gaddafi became again a brutal 3rd world dictator that should be removed from the face of the Earth.

What really happened was that Gaddafi had persuaded several other leaders (Bolibia, Venezuela, Iran etc) to create their own currency backed up by their oil.

This currency would have blown the dollar and the euro out of the sky immediately.

They had to stop him.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by Redribbon

You're completely wrong. Wrong wrong. This was a libyan led revolution, effectively. They did not have hte means to do it on their own so the international community assisted them against what we have all known to be a cruel man. Justice was done, nothing else.

johnny you are a naive man, we have killed more kids through our involvement in Iraq than this tyrant ever did

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join