It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Memory of the late Col. Muammar Gaddafi - What History Books will NEVER tell your kids about

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobLazarJR
He was a tyrant they had no love for him the uprising says it all

edit on 22-10-2011 by BobLazarJR because: (no reason given)

Then why did one million gaddafi supporters protest the NATO bombings? One million people is one sixth of the libyan population that's like 52 million people protesting in america.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by spoor

And how many thousands of black libyans, among others, were murdered during the rebellion?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by jhn7537
Havent read the entire thread so i apologize if this question was already asked, but didnt Gadaffi's govt have their hands in the Lockerbie Bombing?

Yes they did, as well they supported the IRA, the PLO, the Basques, Moro National Liberation Front, New People's Army of the Communist Party of the Philippines, Libyan diplomats shot at 11 people and killed Yvonne Fletcher, a British policewoman, On 5 April 1986 Libyan agents bombed "La Belle" nightclub in West Berlin etc etc.

But terrorist supporters ignore these facts.

But after all of this, Gadaffi was still a good man...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by smarterthanyou
And how many thousands of black libyans, among others, were murdered during the rebellion?

Well, Gaddafi and his supporters wouldn't care how many people they killed if it resulted in Gaddafi staying in power, but luckily Gaddafi was killed.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I get your point and it is well taken but I wanted to ask you a question. Do you remember several months ago when ex congress woman Cynthia McKinney was over there in Libya bad mouthing the United States? I know she caused quite a ruckus with most Americans and she seemed to be in with the DC gang at the time, including Obama. That is where my confusion comes into play. If she was a puppet of Obama and Obama kills the head gangster in Libya then that sets my mind crazy. Do you have any idea of what went on? I can’t get the connection of this at all.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I remember a (very) long time ago watching the BBC on Gadaffi. They were showing him working on his farming policy and dashing around a field on a tractor waving happily at people who were all applauding him and his help.

I also remember watching a father whom had lost his daughter at Lockerbie. He went every day to the trial of the bomber. He said it was a farce, the whole thing was a fix. Now this man had lost a daughter so had reason for really wanting justice done. But he didn't believe after having watched the trial that they either had the right man and felt it was a set up.

I do know that Gadaffi's policies the OP said were in place, were. I knew several Libyans who were here studying with their families, all paid for by the State. Can anyone imagine that happening here? How about a low cost of petrol, seeing as we have our own supplies - should we really be paying so much? We keep quiet about how exploited we are and cluck disapprovingly if we are told how bad abroad has it compared to us.

I think he was killed because he had immense wealth and gold and as such offered a different model than the Central Bank and indebtedness one. He wanted to change the African and oil producing country's currency into the gold dinar he would have separated that continent from the world reserve currency eg $ and the stranglehold of the central bank model. Imagine the loss of all the interest on African country's debt, the loss of cheap access to the precious oil, metals, stones and especially the gold from Africa, what would Rothschild think? His stance is more potent today because many of us really wish to see a thorough overhaul and regulation controlled banking system.

I don't think its that easy for us in the West to relate to a Muslim country or a country with a strong Tribal mentality with any real understanding of the dynamics of that society. Most Muslim countries have a 'top' ruler or family and are very 'tribal'. Look at Saudi. also Bahrain, (that country we didn't send NATA into.

I don't doubt that Col Gadaffi has his share of opponent blood on his hands, but, any Western or other government for that matter that has not murdered or suicided off their opponents and irritants or stuffed them in jail?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ALF88

Give your self a shake...i tell it like it is.We all know western powers are not squeaky clean but have backing so can swot a trouble maker like a fly..

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IBelieveInMe

maybe your right he done bad things as much as he had done good, but which leaders havent? I tell you I would be the happiest person in the world with all those benefits, they actually sound to good to be true. Never see that in my country, and we call him a dictator? hate to know what the real term for our leaders is

edit on 22-10-2011 by Redevilfan09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by smarterthanyou
reply to post by spoor

good point, I have heard there was a racist pogrom against the black sub saharans living in Libya, have you heard likewise?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This is what your great leader has come to. Being raped in the streets just like he's been doing for 40 years.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
A simple google search will tell you who he was.

Rest in Hell!!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I'm very satisfied with what i read in the article.
The truth was written .
We live in a society that manipulates everything we read , every thing we see .
We live in a society to which we cant even point out whats right and whats wrong because when we point out the things that are not fair we are automatically called terrorist.
All of these excuses being used to save people from dictators are just lies.
This is just the beginning, im not surprised if i see on tv in 2 months from now another country being attacked.
in our eyes were saving people from the bad guys but to them , the people who live in those countries , to them we are the ones terrifying them .

We have to stick together people , one day we will have to admit that what we are doing as a society is wrong .

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
tell me somethin, tell me somethin

I don't a'lready know

Regardless of what crimes he authorised/did he deserved a trial if we are to elevate ourselves above him:

* THERE WAS NO TRIAL
* CAMERONS BREAKS BREAD WI IRA PROVO REPUBLICAN SCUM
* OUR LEADERS TELL US LIES

no surrender to the BS

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I suppose if Gaddafi was a heartless dictator then Obama must be Satan himself? I wouldnt be surprised if he didnt even take the troops out y the end of the year

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

This thread right here is a clear example of how people are so easily maniputaled into believing nothing but lies...

Put together a whole bunch of NONSENSE, claiming "oh, they had free healthcare, free education, free housing, the country was great"... and with a whole bunch of people WANTING to believe these lies and you get a recipe for disaster...

People like the OP are the SAME PEOPLE who claim Cuba is great, and there "is free healthcare which is great for all Cubans, free everything else your heart can desire"... And as can be seen by the flags and stars a lot of members are so naive that they believe these LIES...

Oh and btw, let's see what sort of people have been nominated the nobel peace prize...

Joseph Stalin, the Secretary General of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union (1922-1953), was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 1945 and 1948 for his efforts to end World War II.

www.nobelprize.org...

I guess Stalin MUST have been a GREAT MAN as well...since he was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize...

And even Hitler was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize, and yes it was later withdrawn, but the nomination did occur... I guess he must also have been a GREAT MAN...

Other people who have been nominated include Benito Mussolini, and fidel castro... Phew, I guess EVERYTHING that people who experienced through these DICTATORS AND MURDERERS must all be lies...

No wonder the world is in such chaos, with so many naive people believing nothing but lies...

edit on 22-10-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

yet a simple google search doesn't tell you about all the good things he did.

It seems that when once someone hears from a third party that someone is evil then it doesnt become anyones concern to find out if he was really as evil as they say. I remember finding out things like Lincoln was a homosexual. Things they just dont tell you in the books or on the news. For once, how about you sit down, take some time and research. dont be biased, and research. 70% of People probably wouldn'y bother to search of what Hitler provided for the people because all they can think of was that he killed 6 million Jews. If Hitler never existed we wouldn't have half of the tech we have today, but a simple google search doesn't tell you that now does it

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
70% of People probably wouldn'y bother to search of what Hitler provided for the people because all they can think of was that he killed 6 million Jews. If Hitler never existed we wouldn't have half of the tech we have today, but a simple google search doesn't tell you that now does it

See what I am saying?...

I guess the member mr10k doesn't know, or doesn't want you to know, that Hitler, and his troops FORCED even Germans to do his bidding, and many Germans were also killed by HItler because they wouldn't do what he wanted them to do...

mr10k obviously doesn't understand that even without Hitler discoveries would have been made... THERE WAS NO NEED FOR HITLER....and these idiotic attempts at justifying the existance of MURDERERS is nothing but a new excuse for possible future MURDERERS, and the message from certain people that "as long as some good comes from it, evil is ok"...

edit on 22-10-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

reply to post by capone1

It seems that when once someone hears from a third party that someone is evil then it doesnt become anyones concern to find out if he was really as evil as they say. I remember finding out things like Lincoln was a homosexual. Things they just dont tell you in the books or on the news. For once, how about you sit down, take some time and research. dont be biased, and research. 70% of People probably wouldn'y bother to search of what Hitler provided for the people because all they can think of was that he killed 6 million Jews. If Hitler never existed we wouldn't have half of the tech we have today, but a simple google search doesn't tell you that now does it

Soooo... if I give $ to charities, sponsored events, supported whoever needed support...

but at the same time...

suppressed millions, executed thousands, raped women and girls, etc.....

I should be remembered positvely by people like you?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I suppose if Gaddafi was a heartless dictator then Obama must be Satan himself? I wouldnt be surprised if he didnt even take the troops out y the end of the year

Obama is not satan, but certainly someone who thinks his bidding must be FORCED upon the people...

But hey, as long as he THINKS is for the good of everyone, people like you believe 'it is ok to be FORCED to do someone else's bidding"...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

reply to post by capone1

Please stop acting enlightened. You can do millions of good things, but if you kill ONE person and rape ONE girl, you should burn in hell.
edit on 22-10-2011 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join