It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange shows up at Occupy London wearing an Anonymous mask

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I refuse to take anyone in a mask seriously.

If you want me to listen let me know who you are.

Thieves, liars, cheats and thugs hide behind masks. Not honest men.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Assange, one of the only men in the planet who has the balls to go against every government and show the truth.

Read the post above yours...
Governments don't let that happen.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
I refuse to take anyone in a mask seriously.

If you want me to listen let me know who you are.

Thieves, liars, cheats and thugs hide behind masks. Not honest men.

I agree with you in principal.
However, politicans, bankers and lawyers are not renowned for adorning facial attire...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Transparency should apply to everyone

Worth repeating, and to paraphrase the rest...

Denying citizens anonymity when others get to keep their secrets is not just unconstitutional, it is totally fubarred.

S&

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

True. You don't have to hide behind a mask to be up to no good.

edit on 22-10-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by ZIPMATT

He isnt from Sweden. Hes an Australian who lives and works in Europe. Its easily researched information like this that makes or breaks a post. Yours is broken.
Julian Assange is not about borders and territorial BS, and niether is anyone with any sense. He is a fellow who is used to speaking freely, on a wide range of subjects, and I for one respect his attitude on this, and several other matters.

reply : we are free to speak in the ways we wish to , i am sure one of his favourite topics is 'leaked information' ,
given that his company makes money from it .

Its time we woke up to the fact that while globalisation of GOVERNMENT is a bad thing, almost everyone in this nation could benifit from a slightly more open world veiw than the one we currently have. With that in mind, we should be proud of our capacity to accept an idea from outside that may turn out in our favour. It would be arrogance and xenophobia to assume that just because the fellow is not a UK resident , nor a UK citizen, that his ideas lack substance or value, and that is not an acceptable scenario.

reply : globalisation was missing from my post . i am sure assange is proud , as he states in the op vid , to receive the support of anyone worldwide , who cares to give him , support , along with their personal touch , their nationality for starters, along with lets say , their email address .
The 100 or so arrested Anonymous 'hackers' he has held up high and had them clapped. He owes them his 'thanks' for that , as he states , free as a bird .

This country is NOT stupid, or incapable of understanding the value of an idea, where ever it may have come from, and I resent the suggestion that Assange's words will fall on deaf ears due to his nationality. His words fall on deaf ears where the ignorant roam, and not for any other reason.

This country doesnt know its left from its right foot , in the main , deaf ears or not , if what he says is worth paying for , people will pay , it doesnt matter who they are . Explanations stop here .
There are no moral principles in profit if there dont have to be . Assan makes a tiny point that the British government have already engineered 2 years ago : scrutiny of offshore accounts . Dumber and dumberer they get . Say again:
Only the wise and the foolish walk this earth .

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I loved the "we are all individuals" reference in the second speech video

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join