It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange shows up at Occupy London wearing an Anonymous mask

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

thenextweb.com

Last Saturday saw over 1,000 cities worldwide swept by Occupy Protests, as the movement has gone global, and London was certainly no exception. London’s financial district attracted over 3,000 protesters, among them none other than Julian Assange, taking part in Occupy London Stock Exchange, or OccupyLSX.

Your Anon News posted images of Julian Assange arriving at the protest sporting an Anonymous mask, along with images without, proving that it was in fact the Wikileaks founder.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

The article goes on to say:

Assange stated that a police officer forced him to remove the mask, and as a consequence, in a seemingly impromptu speech to one group of protesters, Assange spoke about anonymity, saying:

Under a new section used, people cannot wear masks in London, they cannot wear facial coverings in London, and that basic anonymity is denied to people. I say, that sometimes it may be legitimate to deny anonymity, but we should not accept it until Swiss bank account and offshore bank accounts are also denied of their anonymity.

Assange went on to say:

I ask that all of you demand that foreign bank accounts be opened up and made transparent, the same way that I today have been forced to be made transparent.

I found the video of him outside the stock exchange :

Well this is surprising. The last i heard was that Assange was locked away in a remote farmhouse under some kind of house arrest. You would think he would want to be keeping his head down these days. But you have to take your hat off to the guy, hes not afraid to stand up for what he believes in and speak his mind.

thenextweb.com

edit on 21-10-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
yaay for Julian Assange a man who practices what he preaches !!

Check out a little slide show vid i made for him when he was in the thick of things!

as for the wiki leaks haters ! Im sorry it hurts

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The damn annoying thing about all this is that the Police are calling for the wearing of masks to be banned from protests.

Then you see the Police that turned up to Dale Farm wearing Balaclavas, you could see nothing but their eyes!!

Can someone please explain the difference, so I can get to grips with their gripe. Thanks.
edit on 21/10/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

thenextweb.com

Last Saturday saw over 1,000 cities worldwide swept by Occupy Protests, as the movement has gone global, and London was certainly no exception. London’s financial district attracted over 3,000 protesters, among them none other than Julian Assange, taking part in Occupy London Stock Exchange, or OccupyLSX.

Your Anon News posted images of Julian Assange arriving at the protest sporting an Anonymous mask, along with images without, proving that it was in fact the Wikileaks founder.

(How Much Is)... That Doggie in the Wall Street Window?

Mr X-ULTRA/8-Bit... "I" wonder if he is for free...
OUCH
edit on 21-10-2011 by CosmicWaterGate because: Never mind... i can't afford to take care of it anyway... Hyperinflation thing

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Now if we could remove the masks and anonymity from ALL of those most directly involved in "the plan"

link   
He actually made a great point.

Why is he forced to reveal his identity when in reality, all of the big tycoons and moguls are allowed to be totally secretive all the time, have secret bank accounts and secret dealings, meet and decide the fate of the world in secret, etc?

Quite the double standards that the government imposes upon the poor masses.

link   
Assange is an attention whore

Of course he will show his little rat face
where ever he can making an ass of himself..

He is out to make money off this whole ordeal
and blackmail people.

Transparency of banks?
how about transparency for himself
like the money laundering he is involved with.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Okay... Julian Assange doesn't make my X-mas card list for many reasons, but I will say this. He gains a healthy dose of respect by this move. It doesn't require agreement to gain respect, and this took real guts. He adored by some, who would mob him on sight and he's hated with a passion bordering on obsession by the other extreme who would attack him with intent to kill if they saw him.

Hats off Julian Assange. THAT took guts and showed real class.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Its been said before in other threads.........................

Indeed, with the help of Anonymous, the mask has become one of the most popular disguises and — in a small way — has added to the $28 billion in revenue Time Warner accumulated last year. It is the top-selling mask on Amazon.com, beating out masks of Batman, Harry Potter and Darth Vader.....................

Masked Protesters Aid Time Warner’s Bottom Line

Keep sticking it to these corporate thieves..........................Buy a mask.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Assange is an attention whore

Of course he will show his little rat face
where ever he can making an ass of himself..

He is out to make money off this whole ordeal
and blackmail people.

Transparency of banks?
how about transparency for himself
like the money laundering he is involved with.

DING!!!... DING!!!... DING!!!... CONGATULATIONS!!!... U just won the BIG TRILATERAL COMMI$$-iON GRAND X-ULTRA/PRIZE

edit on 21-10-2011 by CosmicWaterGate because: Don't forget to file your W-2G

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Indeed, with the help of Anonymous, the mask has become one of the most popular disguises and — in a small way — has added to the $28 billion in revenue Time Warner accumulated last year. It is the top-selling mask on Amazon.com, beating out masks of Batman, Harry Potter and Darth Vader.....................

Keep sticking it to these corporate thieves..........................Buy a mask.

I didn't realis Anonymous were sponspered by Time Warner!!

Damn, we're screwed.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Also , they arent Anonymous masks............for christ sake.........its Guy Fawkes........if anyone deserves credit for the mask its him, not those friggin script kiddies

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

nice video...JA has always seemed like he's other worldly..or something. I am completely fascinated by him.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Okay... Julian Assange doesn't make my X-mas card list for many reasons, but I will say this. He gains a healthy dose of respect by this move. It doesn't require agreement to gain respect, and this took real guts. He adored by some, who would mob him on sight and he's hated with a passion bordering on obsession by the other extreme who would attack him with intent to kill if they saw him.

**** - ugh.... pls delete... double post in a tab that cycled back by mistake. Sorry
edit on 21-10-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: ugh.... pls delete... double post in a tab that cycled back by mistake. Sorry

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Assange probably has a little factory making guy fawkes mask or stock in them
selling it to the sheeple.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

**** - ugh.... pls delete... double post in a tab that cycled back by mistake. Sorry
edit on 21-10-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: ugh.... pls delete... double post in a tab that cycled back by mistake. Sorry
... Also why big actors use... 'Stunt Doubles'... GOT REAL BACK STORY?
?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Lemmiwinks, you must kill Wikileaks! I wondered why that episode of south park came out so long after we've heard anything about Asange... I find it amusing that he's right back in the spot light right after that episode aired.

On-topic, he made a very good point. It really is unfair that anonymity is being basically subsidized for the rich, and met with punishment for the poor. This really is at the heart of the issue in the Occupy Movement.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Love him, hate him, or have no particular preference, Julian Assange is perhaps one of the only public figures who could be genuinely considered a threat to the secrets industry.

I really hope the fellow isnt as backward and furtive as those he has made targets of his attention. Another thing to mention , is that if he HAS been guilty, or is guilty of money laundering of some sort, then he ought to be strung up just like every wall street scum sucker and stock exchange dirtbag with a dirty deal under his belt.

I see all the thieves in the same light.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
So can we officially call him Julian Fauxssange now, that's a pretty cool name IMHO

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join